Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wormholes being one-way is probably a safety thing in my opinion as well, otherwise one could get situations like "Tuvix" (Tuvok merged with Neelix) from Star Trek: Voyager. In fact, Tuvix would be a mild outcome. And incidentally the mechanics of wormholes provide some plot material for stories.

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
      That's fan fic on that site right?
      lol, yeah, but its pretty similar to what was posted above.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by spritex View Post
        Hello, I have read some of this thread and it is quite interesting. AS for SGU being seperate from the SG1 and Atlantis, while being same time on same reality, I have an idea. As for now nobody know what is black holes for real. There is a theory, that lack holes is a portal to wormholes which can transport you around whole universe or whatever, when you enter it. So in Stargate Universe it can be this way. A deadalus class ship with crew by accident are pulled into a black hole and then spit out trough white hole somewhere on the universe. There they find some cool technology, new races and new super powerful enemies. I hope I am right predicting this.
        Because you guys sayed it would not be cool if they are on ship all the show, I think they always can crash into some super amezing cool ancient alien abandoned outpost. There goes all new technologies and discoveries. As for going home, wasn't atlantis this way for whole first season "in search for ZPM" to go home?

Comment

Originally posted by spritex View Post
          Because you guys sayed it would not be cool if they are on ship all the show, I think they always can crash into some super amezing cool ancient alien abandoned outpost. There goes all new technologies and discoveries. As for going home, wasn't atlantis this way for whole first season "in search for ZPM" to go home?
          That would make it too much like Star Trek
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
          President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
          Forum Charmer
          Forum Ambassador
          Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

I don't know, sounds too much like a cross between Atlantis/Star Trek: Voyager to me.
            I'm hoping that maybe the last chevron is for going to another universe, and that that will be the setting for the show. We've already had one show in our galaxy, and one show in the Pegasus Galaxy, so IMO the logical next step would a different universe. Plus, it would also explain the title of Universe, but I guess I could just be reading to much into the title.

Comment

Originally posted by JDB View Post
              I don't know, sounds too much like a cross between Atlantis/Star Trek: Voyager to me.
              I'm hoping that maybe the last chevron is for going to another universe, and that that will be the setting for the show. We've already had one show in our galaxy, and one show in the Pegasus Galaxy, so IMO the logical next step would a different universe. Plus, it would also explain the title of Universe, but I guess I could just be reading to much into the title.
              They said that it wouldn't be anything like that,

They said it will be like SG-1, no AU's or anything like that.

I think what they meant by 'Universe' was the Universe of Stargate - basically everything that makes stargate stargate.....'Universe' is a methaphor
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by JDB View Post
                Well technically, the universe isn't the next logical step up from galaxy. The Milky Way is a part of the Local Group (of galaxies), which in turn, is part of the Virgo Supercluster (aka the Local Supercluster)!
                sine sine cosine sine,
                three point one four one five nine!
                Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by spinspinspin View Post
                  Well technically, the universe isn't the next logical step up from galaxy. The Milky Way is a part of the Local Group (of galaxies), which in turn, is part of the Virgo Supercluster (aka the Local Supercluster)!
                  Well...................technically...................shut the hell up!!! What the hell is wrong with you people???!!! Just watch the show..............be happy...........or not! Get it??!! The creators are trying to make good television.......not cure cancer.........ok??

Comment

Hey with me, if it's Stargate it's worth watching.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    Forum Charmer
                    Forum Ambassador
                    Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

I agree with most people's theories here that the 9th Chevron will be used for travelling even greater distances across the universe (as opposed to time-travelling or AU's, etc.).

My guess is that after the first two SG-1 movies and the end of the Ori storyline, SG-1 is going to discover something in the Ori galaxy, learn about the function of the 9th Chevron and send a new team to some new galaxy a long way across the universe. I think it's mainly going to be exploring (undoubtedly, there's going to be some big new enemy too), like in the earlier seasons of SG-1.

Would kinda make sense if they didn't use too many ships or anything in SGU - if they really are going to explore another part of the universe, they can only use the Stargate to get there. I mean, the distances would be gigantic; no hyperdrive could get you across the universe any time soon.

Comment

Could it be that the Ancients didn't really die out, they just moved on AGAIN to another galaxy to colonize it, and that's what SGU is? The show follows the Ancients as they explore planets to colonize and when the find one that is untouched, the plant a Stargate and move on. The twist would be when they land on worlds where there are natives that they have to either help the natives or have to fight invaders. It's similar to SG-1, but it's a completely different storyline.

The hard part would be thinking of a bad guy. SG1 and SGA have pretty much covered every kind of bad guy you could think of. Parasites(Goa'uld), religious fanatics(Ori), half ascended beings (Anubis), life sucking self healing ugly beings (wraith), self replicating machines (replicators), less advanced jerks (genii), etc. I mean, I just don't know what new kind of bad guy there could be?

Comment

Stargate Universe is hopefully the new and upcoming stargate series. I have read that the new series will use all nine Chevrons on the stargate, So what does this mean? My view is that seven chevrons are used to navigate around our own galaxy, Eight to gain access to another galaxies stargate network and I believe that nine chevrons will be used to access stargates all over the universe. This will open doors for so many story lines if it is correct but there are many different ideas about the new series, Please could you give me your views on what Stargate Universe is about. I would like to think my ideas turn out to be right. Im new to GateWorld so I appoligise if this subject has alreaddy come up. Thank you.

Comment

I dont think we should have more on the Ancients, they already had a prominant role in both SG-1 and Atlantis. I want this series to be different
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Your ideas are good but it wouldnt be stargate if Stargate Universe was based on a ship, It would be more like a Star Trek type program. I suppose they could have a ship with a Stargate on it, So the characters live on the ship but still use the Stargate to explore. I personally think that nine chevrons mean gaining access to gate networks all over the universe as eight chevrons gains us access to another galaxies gate network. What do you think?

Comment

No - apparently it is going to be on ground in the SGC
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:
                                Forum Charmer
                                Forum Ambassador
                                Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Working...
                                X