Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah pretty much

Comment

exactly

daniel dials into the ascended plane
      "its payback time, b|tches!!!!"
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
        exactly

daniel dials into the ascended plane
        "its payback time, b|tches!!!!"
        epic
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

i think the story probably takes place in some other planet but is almost impossible that it has absolutly no coneccion with the previus series .For that it had to be a totally new argument (except for the stargate it self off course)

Comment

Originally posted by kurapika View Post
            i think the story probably takes place in some other planet but is almost impossible that it has absolutly no coneccion with the previus series .For that it had to be a totally new argument (except for the stargate it self off course)
            well, i suppose it could deal with a group of explorers on a different planet.
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

I just found this on wikipedia for Stargate worlds

Spoiler:
              There is also speculation that the third series of the Stargate franchise, Stargate Universe, will be based on space travel; this would strengthen the case for a space flight expansion.

Anyone hear of this before???????
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Worlds

Comment

here's a thought...

in SG-1, the civilizations we met rarely/never used the stargate... only their gods did

in SGA, some civilizations used it, but not that much... and most/nearly all were kept at a very simple technological level by the wraith...

what if in SGU we finally encounter numerous civilizations who actually use the stargate on a regular basis and are at or above our current level of technology?

i don't think i could take much of another series where we pop through the gate and suddenly the 4 SG members are the smartest, most capable humans on a planet full of people who never or rarely use the gate...

Comment

Yeah I have, if i'm not mistaken there are probably some more threads on this some where with more info hear in gate world.

Comment

robert xcooper already said it will invole the 9th chevron
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i have to say, i'm not getting my hopes up about the 9th chevron... i have a feeling its not going to play a big role at all... and i'd prefer not to get my hopes up for a over a year only to be let down... so imo, the 9th chevron will probably simply send them to a galaxy far, far away, and that's it.

aside from that, and in addition to my previous post...

i'd like to see SGU pick up in a galaxy/system that is in the middle of a massive fracture/upheaval.

in SG-1, the MW was calm. the goa'uld ruled the galaxy and were kept in check by the asgard. there were no major wars, no one was leading a revolt, and if they were they were failing at it. once we came along and started whacking the system lords, the balance of power began to sway heavily and we quickly sent the galaxy into massive political turmoil declaring war on the system lords while pushing them into a civil war and then fracturing their power by helping start a Jaffa revolution... our presence, specifically O'Neill's, also brought the asgard heavily into the fold as they came to view us as the 5th race and became an ally against the goa'uld... this in turn brought the replicators to the MW in full force... chaos, chaos, chaos....

in SGA we went to pegasus which was calm. the wraith controlled the galaxy, the replicators were not doing anything. no one was revolting against the wraith bc the wraith wouldn't allow it. we come along, kill a queen, awaken the entire wraith civilization, activate the replicators, and descend the pegasus galaxy into war...

so for once, i think it would be nice for us to enter a galaxy that is already in turmoil and for us to not be the cause of it for once.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                        roman, greek, same thing... just different names...

in some cases, in other cases, they're the exact same name:

zeus = jupiter
                        apollo = apollo
                        Whoawhoawhoawhoa. Not true. Some Roman gods are *partially* based on Classical Greek gods, but it is only a superficial likeness. I know grade 5 history teachers like to say "they are all the same with different names, or even the same name", but that is simply not the case (my grade 5 teacher said that anyway). Greek and Roman gods are very different. Even Apollo, with the same name in both cultures, is not the same god in the Roman religion as he is in the Greek religion. Roman gods take their characteristics from many sources, including (but not limited to) the native gods of the area around Rome itself, and Egypt.

I think this whole idea started because there are a few popular myths that exist in both cultures, such as Heracles (Hercules). But this is like claiming that Hinduism and Christianity are the same religion because both religions have a flood myth build into them. Is there an occasional superficial similarity in the myths surrounding each religion? Sure. But that is just from cross-cultural contamination.
                        Last edited by gopher65; 16 January 2008, 08:15 AM.

Comment

And I agree that using the Doctor Who airing schedule for Stargate would be sweet. First Atlantis, then wait a month, then air Universe it its slot.

Comment

Well the roman gods are mostly based on the greek gods since rome really is an extension of greece. Mined you an extension not a replacement for greece. There are many other influences but greece was the biggest one. They are not all the same but are essentialy the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Zafuel View Post
                              But Torchwood and Doctor Who are very different programmes aimed at different audiences. Doctor Who is a family programme and Torchwood is (supposedly) an adult one.
                              Now there is going to be a 2nd showing of Torchwood with a family edit..
                              http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                              sigpic
                              My fics at my site
                              Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

I had an idea reading this thread so I figured I'd make an account and post it.

As far as the ninth chevron goes maybe the big deal will not be where in the universe it sends you. The 8th Chevron was told to be a way to send you a great distance by being able to find a point outside of the galaxy, so I think that would apply to most anywhere now. What if the new chevron was actually a way to change the reality or time the gate would go to, kind of like the slider of stargate with the whole problem being some sort of enemy is going across the dimensions and messing stuff up. The Ancients are supposed to be a very smart group of people they might have technoligy like this but was never used much because of the war?

Even if my point is way off I think the second SG1 movie has a VERY good chance of setting up the new series. TPTB have said that they aren't going to write the pilot until after there done with the second movie. TPTB have also said that the end of the second movie will permenantly "change" our stargate universe, so maybe what ever time traveling they do in the movie creates this new chance for the new series. Both casual and hardcore fans would be happy because the series wouldn't neccecarily need a setup to explain the movie since new viewers wouldn't know what was going on anyways, and old viewers would get what's going on. SG1 was based on a movie maybe not everybody had seen at the time, why not this series?

Just my two sense, maybe I'll pop in again if I get any more hairbrain ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X