Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
    Maybe the wormhole stays open long enough for them to complete their mission and then return back through it? Or maybe Stargate Command re-opens the wormhole at a pre-determined time?
    Wormholes are one way.

Comment

This guy isn't a Gateworlder, he's a member of the Exeter Uni run Scifi Society I'm a member of, and he gave me the following intel!

1. The series will mainly take place in the Orion galaxy with a completely fresh team.

2. No casting as yet to the best of my knowledge

3. The Rainmaker guy has his lips ziplocked about the function of the 9th chevron!

Spoilers for the rest of the stuff
      Spoiler:

4. The team are stuck in the Orion galaxy for the whole of S1.

5. The bad guys keep kicking their butts for the whole of the 1st season.

6. My mate mentioned something about the team finding a significant Gate on his side but was unclear what role that Gate served.

Cliffhanger spoiler
      Spoiler:

7. The 9th chevron doesn't get touched for most of S1 - it is first used either accidentally or in panic by the team escaping from the bad guys in the end of season cliffhanger!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I call BS, writing hasn't even started for the third series yet, let alone the season finale!

Comment

Scifi.com update : Third Stargate Show Developing?
          http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=41870

The article doesn't contain any new element, what haven't known already, but now it's offical finally!
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

The article doesn't contain any new element, what haven't known already, but now it's offical finally!
            Yep!
            Stargates, wormholes and aliens!
            http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
            sigpic
            My fics at my site
            Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
              This guy isn't a Gateworlder, he's a member of the Exeter Uni run Scifi Society I'm a member of, and he gave me the following intel!

1. The series will mainly take place in the Orion galaxy with a completely fresh team.

2. No casting as yet to the best of my knowledge

3. The Rainmaker guy has his lips ziplocked about the function of the 9th chevron!

Spoilers for the rest of the stuff
              Spoiler:

4. The team are stuck in the Orion galaxy for the whole of S1.

5. The bad guys keep kicking their butts for the whole of the 1st season.

6. My mate mentioned something about the team finding a significant Gate on his side but was unclear what role that Gate served.

Cliffhanger spoiler
              Spoiler:

7. The 9th chevron doesn't get touched for most of S1 - it is first used either accidentally or in panic by the team escaping from the bad guys in the end of season cliffhanger!
              Hmmm. This sounds very familiar to me.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
              Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist View Post
                Hmmm. This sounds very familiar to me.
                That's fan fic on that site right?
                Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                www.7-scales.co.uk
                http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

Hopefully Sci Fi won't get their hands on it

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Wormholes are one way.
                    Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                      Why?
                      Because that's the way they work in Stargate.

Comment

There could be new types of wormholes.
                        Also in a new show they could conveniently forget about that bit of old continuity.... but most likely just invent a new type
                        http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                        sigpic
                        My fics at my site
                        Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

You are right. I realized that after I read your last post. So far, in the Stargate Universe, all wormholes have been one-way. But I still don't understand why. I agree with you that it is canon in the Stargate universe that wormholes are one-way. But what is the theory behind that? And even if some wormholes are one-way, why do all of them have to be? Carter or McKay, please feel free to reply if you're out there.
                          Last edited by Liam Kincaid; 12 June 2007, 04:33 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I've always thought that it was probably just a safety feature built into the Stargates, I'm not sure if wormholes have to be one way, maybe just the ones that the Stargates create do...
                            Last edited by jenks; 13 June 2007, 06:59 AM.

Comment

i think wormholes do have to be one way for safety reasons, if 2 items are going against each other through the wormhole they would collide and probably all the atoms would get all mixed up and stuff. also i think when you dial a gate it puts it into matter deconstruction mode and when you dial to a gate it goes into matter reconstruction mode or something. perhaps natural wormholes are 2 way though.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                                i think wormholes do have to be one way for safety reasons, if 2 items are going against each other through the wormhole they would collide and probably all the atoms would get all mixed up and stuff. also i think when you dial a gate it puts it into matter deconstruction mode and when you dial to a gate it goes into matter reconstruction mode or something. perhaps natural wormholes are 2 way though.
                                Yeah I think a one way wormhole would require less energy too

I love the sig......I am using it for msn
                                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Working...
                                X