Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    Well, we see Greer punch someone.
    I hope its Scott

Wray is going to be Empress by the time the series finishes. Seriously.
    I will not tell you the disturbing images that is producing in my mind. Its remscent of that April Fools day joke we had
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate
      But seriously I love the feel of tension their is between Young and Rush in the trailer. Since Wray is a 3rd person for power of the Destiny I would like to see how this plays out
      Oh, I totally agree with this. That dynamic will be epic, to say the least. Do you recall the clip where Rush and Young seem to be yelling at each other under the stairs in the gate room? That seems cool.

Well, we see Greer punch someone.
      Greer intrigues me now too...especially because he actually got a line in one of the newer trailers. I really hope they don't under-utilize his character.

Wray is going to be Empress by the time the series finishes. Seriously.
      I will support her reign, and carry out her demands.

Yes, he must. Tell me, Coronach. What does it suggest?
      Well, I guess I must Seriously though, it's just weird speculation that popped into my head when I saw the trailer:

Spoiler:
      We see a clip of Chloe and Scott standing where Scott is still clothed. Then we see one where he's shirtless...and then we see that weird one where he's turning and is still shirtless, and it seems like he's alone.

So, it made me think that something happens making one (or both) of them decide not to go through with what they were clearly headed to do.

Just an idea
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I hope its Scott
        You're just saying that to get me to say something mean right back, but I will not be provoked!

Although, it may be funny to see Tamara teach Chloe a lesson about why it's a good idea to tie back long hair.

I will not tell you the disturbing images that is producing in my mind. Its remscent of that April Fools day joke we had
        You mean because I was Queen of the Universe for a day?

Even though I am all the time. I just let you all think I'm all innocent and harmless.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          Greer intrigues me now too...especially because he actually got a line in one of the newer trailers. I really hope they don't under-utilize his character.
          One of the report mentioned that we see more of him a the season progresses.

Well, I guess I must Seriously though, it's just weird speculation that popped into my head when I saw the trailer:

Spoiler:
          We see a clip of Chloe and Scott standing where Scott is still clothed. Then we see one where he's shirtless...and then we see that weird one where he's turning and is still shirtless, and it seems like he's alone.

So, it made me think that something happens making one (or both) of them decide not to go through with what they were clearly headed to do.

Just an idea
          :: blinks ::

I'm sorry, I got caught up imagining the undressing....

Maybe you're unto something.
          sigpic

Comment

You're just saying that to get me to say something mean right back, but I will not be provoked!
            This time. I have provoked you before and I will do it again.
            Although, it may be funny to see Tamara teach Chloe a lesson about why it's a good idea to tie back long hair.

Getting serious it really depends on what her duty will be on the Destiny. Some jobs don't warrent short hair.
            You mean because I was Queen of the Universe for a day?

Even though I am all the time. I just let you all think I'm all innocent and harmless.
            That is only part of it.

I don't think your cover is working that well
            Jelgate is right

Comment

From that BLAST article - this story still cracks me up every time I hear it:

The cast is comprised of all new faces to the series, a fact highlighted when a group of the actors, laughing, told the story of when they dropped by the “Stargate” booth in the Exhibition Hall. Not only were they not recognized by the booth worker, they were even asked if they were interested in entering a draw to win a guest spot on the show.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                haha I'd green that if I could.
                Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                So would I, but apparently I need to spread it around. Sorry forum software but I can't help it that the same people keep being awesome
                Haha, thanks guys! It's the thought that counts; along with the future greens you will no doubt give me once the system allows them and you remember this incident of greatness.

Yes, he must. Tell me, Coronach. What does it suggest?
                IMHO, it suggests that Scotty works out on a regular basis, perhaps as a way to distract himself from some of life's pain, like the recent loss of a parent, grandparent, or sibling. I think it's the 2nd one. Why, Grandpa Scott was a great war hero, and an idol of little Matt. As he grew up, and experienced a good bit of schoolin', he came to realize just how incredibly brave his Grandpa was. The day he read about the Invasion of Europe, and realized that his Grandpa was there, trudging up Omaha Beach, his love for his elder grew by ten fold. He yearned to be a soldier like Grandpa, doing his best to fight for freedom and the safety of his loved ones. Then, on the day before his graduation from the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, with top grades and many honors, old Grandpa Scott suffered a heart attack and passed away. He never saw his brave grandson recieve his degree, nor how he fist bumped President Obama, who was the keynote speaker at the graduation.

This weighed heavily on poor Lt. Matt Scott. Though he was already in good shape beforehand, he started to almost live at the local gym to take his mind off of his Grandpa and how he never lived to see him graduate. His gym buddies told him to slow down, that he'd wreck himself working out if he kept going, but he didn't care; all he knew was that he was going to be the best damn soldier the country has ever seen, just like his Grandpa.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Haha, thanks guys! It's the thought that counts; along with the future greens you will no doubt give me once the system allows them and you remember this incident of greatness.
                  IMHO, it suggests that Scotty works out on a regular basis, perhaps as a way to distract himself from some of life's pain, like the recent loss of a parent, grandparent, or sibling. I think it's the 2nd one. Why, Grandpa Scott was a great war hero, and an idol of little Matt. As he grew up, and experienced a good bit of schoolin', he came to realize just how incredibly brave his Grandpa was. The day he read about the Invasion of Europe, and realized that his Grandpa was there, trudging up Omaha Beach, his love for his elder grew by ten fold. He yearned to be a soldier like Grandpa, doing his best to fight for freedom and the safety of his loved ones. Then, on the day before his graduation from the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, with top grades and many honors, old Grandpa Scott suffered a heart attack and passed away. He never saw his brave grandson recieve his degree, nor how he fist bumped President Obama, who was the keynote speaker at the graduation.

This weighed heavily on poor Lt. Matt Scott. Though he was already in good shape beforehand, he started to almost live at the local gym to take his mind off of his Grandpa and how he never lived to see him graduate. His gym buddies told him to slow down, that he'd wreck himself working out if he kept going, but he didn't care; all he knew was that he was going to be the best damn soldier the country has ever seen, just like his Grandpa.
                  If that is not greatness, I don't know what is. Lmao PG, it's almost as if this came effortlessly

It rivals that creepy butcher-chef character you dreamed up that was apparently working at the SGC at O'Neill's request,
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

How you have the creative energy to come up with that I'll never know but it was awesome.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

One of the report mentioned that we see more of him a the season progresses.
                      Yeah, it sounded like he was supposed to be fairly minor but turned out not to be
                      Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                      From that BLAST article - this story still cracks me up every time I hear it:
                      Yeah, you just can't write that kind of funny
                      I wonder what happens when they win Actually, what I really wonder is whether the poor person who made the mistake is going to find out about it reading one of the online reports.

Hey, here's a suggestion. I was just submitting a couple of captions for this week's CSIRO caption competition (I've won a couple of times and been a runner up lots of times ) in between checking this thread, and as often happens my mind combined two unrelated ideas. It would be rather enjoyable if we took various SGU pics and came up with funny captions for them.

Example: For the pic at http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1055/chloescott.jpg
                      "It's moment's like these you need... Minties."

Oh and PG, you should have put that spiel in spoiler tags because I'm convinced it could be true!
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        Example: For the pic at http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1055/chloescott.jpg
                        "It's moment's like these you need... Minties."
                        Lmao, funny you should mention Minties. My roommate has some and she's telling me "Oh yeah, they're from Australia". Those are amazing! I keep eating them.

Okay...back to discussion. Not sure if the caption thing will be considered on-topic here, but you could certainly start one in the off-topic thread without worry.
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                          Okay...back to discussion. Not sure if the caption thing will be considered on-topic here, but you could certainly start one in the off-topic thread without worry.
                          I don't see why not. Anything pertaining to SGU is on topic here. I know we have been getting carried away with the pictures but we usually bring it back it to reality with some interesting discussions the past few days.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Robert Carlyle dropped some spoilers at Comic Con, and they're in the article below. Even the URL has the spoilers, so they're all under the cut.

Spoiler:
                            http://io9.com/5323328/stargate-universe-is-so-dark-they-kill-off-the-whole-cast

Stargate Universe is so dark they kill off the whole cast
                            7/26/09

EXCERPT:

Is there a zombie aspect? No, but we do all die.Can you elaborate on that?
                            It's a very interesting episode written by Robert called "Time," where they
                            go to another planet, and when they get there, they find one of these alien
                            balls. They find footage on it, and they are all dying on it. And that's
                            where the teaser ends.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

After careful consideration I've decided not to visit that link. I'd like to avoid spoilers beyond Air.
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                Robert Carlyle dropped some spoilers at Comic Con, and they're in the article below. Even the URL has the spoilers, so they're all under the cut.

Spoiler:
                                http://io9.com/5323328/stargate-universe-is-so-dark-they-kill-off-the-whole-cast

Stargate Universe is so dark they kill off the whole cast
                                7/26/09

EXCERPT:

Is there a zombie aspect? No, but we do all die.Can you elaborate on that?
                                It's a very interesting episode written by Robert called "Time," where they
                                go to another planet, and when they get there, they find one of these alien
                                balls. They find footage on it, and they are all dying on it. And that's
                                where the teaser ends.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                                Spoiler:
                                That sounds like a cool episode. I can't wait to see how they. The only bad part is I hope they find a new way to use time travel to solve this problem. Hope you don't mind that I reposted it on the Time thread.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X