Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
    I am going to go with alternate dimension's
    why would the ancients build the quantum mirror if the stargates could already go to alternate dimensions?
    and dont say why would they build the time travel puddle jumper if the gates could already send you through time, because everyone knows that they could never perfect the gates time travel abilities.
    and dont say that maybe they built the quantum mirror because the gates weren't very good with going to alternate dimensions because why would us humans use the gate when we still have the quantum mirror,

besides i dont see much use in going to alternate dimensions.

i think actually the 9th chevron allows the creation of "untethered" wormhole event horizons, so we could make a wormhole go anywhere in the entire 'universe' regardless of if there is a gate there or not. maybe there is some thing where the wormhole re opens with inverted matter flow x amount of hours, lets say 24 for arguments sake, after the original wormhole is opened. how does that sound
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

We will just have to wait and see In suppose of coure we have no idea which was made first the mirror or the gate the mirror could just be a portable version they could bring on ships for research.
      sigpic

Comment

I think the gates were made first
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Yeah so I could be right.
          sigpic

Comment

Well the Ancients are supposed to be the eldest of races so I would think so.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              why would the ancients build the quantum mirror if the stargates could already go to alternate dimensions?
              and dont say why would they build the time travel puddle jumper if the gates could already send you through time, because everyone knows that they could never perfect the gates time travel abilities.
              and dont say that maybe they built the quantum mirror because the gates weren't very good with going to alternate dimensions because why would us humans use the gate when we still have the quantum mirror,

besides i dont see much use in going to alternate dimensions.

i think actually the 9th chevron allows the creation of "untethered" wormhole event horizons, so we could make a wormhole go anywhere in the entire 'universe' regardless of if there is a gate there or not. maybe there is some thing where the wormhole re opens with inverted matter flow x amount of hours, lets say 24 for arguments sake, after the original wormhole is opened. how does that sound
              Who said the Ancients built the quantum mirror?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                No one did
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

^
                  sigpic

Comment

So does anyone have any ideas about a new Stargate series .If you had the chance to remake Stargate what would you put in it and who would you put in it .

I know I'd put more aliens in my series ,some different culture (like languages ) Maybe throw some mechs into different ships .Maybe put it a few years in the future .Oh how about a Civil war among the worlds colonized by the different earth governments .

Or maybe something like 24 .I'd really like to see them fight a reall alien race Someone that would attack earth .

Say it's 10years later and Atlantis gets a message from earth saying they are under attack .The Dadalus goes to earth only to return with odyessy and Apollo a few Gouald Motherships in tow all heavliy damage .They tell Dr Werer that earth has fallen and much of the Milky way has fallen to a unknown Alien race.

What are your ideas?

Comment

I'd keep it original but not the same as the others...give it a uniqie quality and i wouldn't have them screw up or annoy another alien race but i wouldn't have them a giant superpower with Asgard tech...something to keep the balance.
                      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        i know noone actually said it, but i always sort of felt that they may have built it, and if they didn't they probably could have built something similar if they wanted to. and i'm pretty sure that if the ancients did build something similar it would work in the same sort of way, and the way a stargate works bares no resemblance to the way the quantum mirror works. but to be fair the number of permutations of dialing 8 symbols on the stargate, without doubling chevrons and using the point of origin as the 9th symbol, numbers around 1,971,788,797,440 which i guess is enough to send you to a certain number of universes, but it is far from infinate. the analogue control of the quantum mirror was a much more effective way of going to an infinite number of universes.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

How about a show where we use Asgard tech to make endless amounts of anything and theres world peace, no need for money, no disease on Earth, and we start a federation of star systems and make a fleet to defend it from hostile forces?....wait..they've already done that.

Comment

how about this.
                            in an alternate universe Earth surrenders the stargate at the demand of the Goauld system lords as part of the protected planets treaty negotiations.
                            we then zip 500 years into the future where earth has developed in isolation and is quite advanced by now.
                            we then find out the Goauld had been defeated a long time ago by an unknown race and the galaxy is radically different.
                            could be interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                              how about this.
                              in an alternate universe Earth surrenders the stargate at the demand of the Goauld system lords as part of the protected planets treaty negotiations.
                              we then zip 500 years into the future where earth has developed in isolation and is quite advanced by now.
                              we then find out the Goauld had been defeated a long time ago by an unknown race and the galaxy is radically different.
                              could be interesting..
                              The Asgard would have been killed by the Replicators if we never had our gate.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                                The Asgard would have been killed by the Replicators if we never had our gate.
                                probably. suppose this unknown race defeated the replicators.. or something
                                the point is they open the gate 500 years in the future and the galaxy is very different

Comment

Working...
                                X