Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Update!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ctical-puddle/

Visit the above link for 2 videos showing the practical puddle of the SGU gate!
    Thanks. Personally, I never expected the puddle effect to be any different than it was on SG-1 and Atlantis.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      I think I've been misunderstood. I was wondering whether he would be understandable besides his accent, or will I be thoroughly confused by slang or sentence structure?. But I suppose that since he's a scientist he should be good at communicating ideas clearly. Oh, wait... technobabble! heh. Forget the Scottish, those scientists have a slang all of their own. Though it's probably more correct to call it jargon.
      Spoiler:
      Orbital insertion trajectory!!!!!
      Yes, you're right...it would be considered jargon.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Looks cheap and tacky, just like it did when they used it in SG-1 and Atlantis.
      Ummm...not in the least.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Thanks. Personally, I never expected the puddle effect to be any different than it was on SG-1 and Atlantis.
      Same here.
      sigpic

Comment

Ah yes, the event horizon is composed of high surface-tension blue shifted quantum goop!
        btw, this is the discussion thread, not the news thread.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          Ah yes, the event horizon is composed of high surface-tension blue shifted quantum goop!
          btw, this is the discussion thread, not the news thread.
          Um...I've always posted news here, so we can, you know, discuss it.

Comment

Wow loving all the news on the front page! And the destiny......well I don't know what to think...

About the practical puddle, yeah still doesn't look right but imo is an improvement over the ones they used in sg-1 and atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              Wow loving all the news on the front page! And the destiny......well I don't know what to think...

About the practical puddle, yeah still doesn't look right but imo is an improvement over the ones they used in sg-1 and atlantis.
              Whoa...I had no idea what you meant at first. Gateworld front page! Wow...very interesting indeed
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!!!

...Is what I screamed when I saw that picture.

JESUS CHRIST!!!

...Is what I'm shouting now.

GOTTA READ ARTICLE!!!

...Is what I'm gonna do.

Comment

WHERE IS THE VIDEO!

I demand to see the video!

Invade YouTube!

Also...from the article on the GW front page...
                  Spoiler:
                  One shot shows Lt. Matthew Scott (Brian J. Smith) weary in the desert, where he sees what looks like a cross and the figure of Jesus on it, just before he crumbles to his knees in tears.

No. Just no, PTB.

Spoiler:
                  I don't know how I'd feel about him being all religious and whatnot if I'm going to be thunking him.
                  Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 22 July 2009, 08:29 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Damn, there's actually some pretty hefty spoilers in there, or so Darren says.

To read, or not to read, that is the question...that I'm sure most of you will answer for me and say "yes".

Comment

To read, or not to read, that is the question...that I'm sure most of you will answer for me and say "yes".
                      I've already read it. The execution matters more to me than being surprised does.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                        WHERE IS THE VIDEO!

I demand to see the video!

Invade YouTube!

Also...from the article on the GW front page...

No. Just no, PTB.

Spoiler:
                        I don't know how I'd feel about him being all religious and whatnot if I'm going to be thunking him.
                        Maybe he is but maybe he isn't
                        Spoiler:
                        When near death alot of people turn to religion as a last resort, kind of like Carter did in LITS.

Comment

They're mildly hefty...one of them has even been seen in exclusive pics from articles...though I don't know if you've seen that or not. Honestly, I read them without even thinking about how spoilery they may be, and I don't feel spoiled now.

Pandora:

Spoiler:
                          Speak of the devil, huh? But seriously, I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. One of my favorite aspects of Stargate was that the character's religious views were very open-ended and ambiguous.

Then again, this new style of story-telling is almost the perfect stage to tell such stories...so who knows. I'll wait until I see it on-screen before I really judge, lol.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            Maybe he is but maybe he isn't
                            Spoiler:
                            When near death alot of people turn to religion as a last resort, kind of like Carter did in LITS.
                            Yeaaaa...No.

I mean, yes, people often do. But, I'm less inclined to like it.

Spoiler:
                            Although, I do wonder what in the world that would be doing in the middle of the desert. Or if it's just a hallucination of some sort.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                              Yeaaaa...No.

I mean, yes, people often do. But, I'm less inclined to like it.
                              Me too...less inclined that is.

Spoiler:
                              Although, I do wonder what in the world that would be doing in the middle of the desert. Or if it's just a hallucination of some sort.
                              Spoiler:
                              Almost certainly that's what it is. Heatstroke and/or a mirage illusion going on. Still, it piques my interest as to the context, as well as why that is the image he sees of all things
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                                Pandora:

Spoiler:
                                Speak of the devil, huh? But seriously, I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. One of my favorite aspects of Stargate was that the character's religious views were very open-ended and ambiguous.

Then again, this new style of story-telling is almost the perfect stage to tell such stories...so who knows. I'll wait until I see it on-screen before I really judge, lol.
                                I'm inclined to agree.
                                Spoiler:

Given TPTB's claims of increase character development and focus, "darkness", and "edginess", and increased focus on a character's personal faith is to be expected as it plays a large role for a lot of people. If done well, it could prove interesting. I'll watch it.

I mean, I watched BSG after all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X