Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another idea for the show would be, if there is an enemy that would be involved in the series, would be not to introduce them immediately. Instead of introducing the enemy head-on, it might be nice to make references, and slowly introduce the enemy eventually, if there is to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
      ^ what part of kerry are you from?
      Just outside tralee...well a good few miles
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
        Another idea for the show would be, if there is an enemy that would be involved in the series, would be not to introduce them immediately. Instead of introducing the enemy head-on, it might be nice to make references, and slowly introduce the enemy eventually, if there is to be one.
        Yeah and for once I would like if it wasn't the fault of earth that the bad guy is on a rampage

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          Yeah and for once I would like if it wasn't the fault of earth that the bad guy is on a rampage
          most of my family are from tralee and its surrounding area there and castleisland
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
            I certainly wouldn't mind that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
              most of my family are from tralee and its surrounding area there and castleisland
              I am from the other side of tralee thats where I go to school and stuff but anyway this thread is not for this

Comment

fair enough I think there is an opening for a bad guy to come back as a main charecter in this new show if it deals with alternate universes
                sigpic

Comment

At the moment I'm sick of bad guys, we already a fighting 2 - soon to be four in Atlantis. Too many enemies bore me.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Okay, I only read up to the 8th page....the pages just kept getting bigger and bigger...

Anyway, here are my replies:

Originally posted by upinout View Post
                    I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm betting that the 9th chevron will send you to another Universe. I don't mean an alternate reality/parallel universe, but a whole entire other universe outside of ours.

This is science fiction, and there is no reason to assume that ours is the only universe in existence. Just because we have no way of seeing it doesn't mean it's not there, a far, far distance out from the edge of our own universe.

We'll see, but no matter what, I'm excited that Stargate will live on (and on and on and on and on and on, I hope!!)
                    This seems likely to me. It would make sense (in a science way) that there would be other "Universes", in a sense that there are maybe billions of galaxy's in this Universe, and then some black void, and then other planets.

But if that is the case, how did the Ancients get across that void in the first place? Hmmmm

Originally posted by Atomic Edge View Post
                    Maybe the 9th Chevron will add a time calculation.

We know the gate is capable sending matter back/forward in time so maybe by controlling it with the 9th chevron, a team would be able to go back and forward at will.

Or perhaps it will be dimensional, as other peopel have mentioned.

Thats possible on both accounts. But for some reason, i don't think "Time" is the answer here....otherwise it would be "Stargate: Time"...which would be gayier then "Stargate: Universe" (which, btw, I am kind of growing with that name...it's interesting).

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Unfortunately for us, we have yet to discover the technology to make us a stargate, so if this is what the 9th chevron does, we'd get stuck real soon real fast.
                    True that homes, true that.

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                    The working title as we all know is appallingly 'Stargate: Universe' and Robert C. Cooper has admitted that it will introduce the function of the gate's ninth chrevron. He says that they've dealt with the eighth chevron that sends people to other galaxies.

The ninth must indeed send them to other universes thus the lame title 'Stargate Universe'...So it's going to be more or less a rip-off of Sliders...

I hope they come up with something better *on knees* GOD!!!! WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN TO US!!!

Anyone disagree with me because I'd love to hear your views. ^That's just mine personally lol

I don't know if it will be a rip-off of Sliders. Sliders was about the same universe, different dimensions. This could be able the same dimension, different universe. Think about it -- we have all ready traveled time, we ahve all ready traveled dimensions, now it's time to travel to a different universe...one where the Furlings are! (lol)

Originally posted by LordWaffle View Post
                    This would make sense seeing how the Ori needed a supergate to get to the MW and not to Ida.
                    Sorry to bust your bubble, but the reason they needed a supergate was to get their ships to our galaxy. Think about how long Hyper-space would take....really, think. Even going UBER the times speed of light, like that Ancient ship that was going that fast, it would take YEARS....just to get here....and with a gate? One second.

So thats why they needed a supergate...not because of how far it was, but because of how long it would take without a supergate.

Which, all of this brings me to this: There are three ways they can figure out what the 9th chevron does. 1 They find it on Atlantis. 2
                    Spoiler:
                    The Asgard new about it, so now we do.
                    3 We find an Ancient tech thing that gives information to us and that person know about it.

I think 1/2 are more likely.

ALSO. What about a whole other plane of existence? I mean...it seems to me that "ascending" was pretty important to the ancients/the ori. And apparently,
                    the ori didn't start out being bad -- I swear I heard that somewhere -- but they ended up corrupted.

So...maybe the 9th chevron sends you to another plane of existence where you hear about assention? Or maybe not.

But of out all possibilities, I think the different universe, same dimension is more possible...because everything else has all ready been done in the show...

Comment

I don't think the name really matters...it's the content that counts.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Anybody heard any time frame for this new endeavor?
                      --SgtFoster
                      http://www.DesertVets.org
                      http://www.FastCashOnline.com
                      http://www.IraqfromtheWindow.com

Comment

I don't think they'll rip off an awful show like sliders...

Comment

I wonder will the 9th chevron be in the show from episode one or will the concept be brought in after a while......I think it would be interesting to see the show like they open a 9 symbol address send through a malp and maybe a team and the team gets trapped there (kinda like atlantis only with no ancient city and few resources) and the show is seen from the perspective of earth trying to rescue them and them trying to survive (earth can't reopen the gate to the same place for some reason lack of power or something and they can't send a ship as they don't know what the 9th chevron corresponds to or maybe the distance is too far)

Kinda like in season 1 of BSG we saw the fleet but also the people on Caprica

Comment

Originally posted by lorealmighty View Post
                            I don't think they'll rip off an awful show like sliders...
                            Yeah that show was pretty bad and if the 9th chevron lead that way which I doubt it will the show would inevitable end up like that

Comment

I just hope the third series stays 'Stargatey'
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                                I just hope the third series stays 'Stargatey'
                                It will of course it will

Comment

Working...
                                X