Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it's been posted or thought up before, but I'll give it a shot anyways.

After watching the kind of disappointing "ending" to Sg-1, I thought it would be cool if they made another Stargate series.

This one though would go way way back in time. Back to before the ancient ascended.

I think it would be interesting to see their relation with the other 3 races, their war with the Ori, Wraith, or some other threat that was - well threatening the Galaxy while we were in evolutionary infancy or maybe not even a thought yet.

I think it would be cool to have a lot of the questions we may have about the Ancients (I assume they'd call themselves something else lol), the Asgard, the Nox, and the Furlings answered in this way.

Just an idea... What do you think?

Comment

It would have made more sense if they went back in time trying to save the Asgard.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't make sense (or make less sense) to have a series about the ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Dex Luther View Post
          After watching the kind of disappointing "ending" to Sg-1, I thought it would be cool if they made another Stargate series.
          Check out Stargate: Atlantis. Seasons 1 & 2 are on DVD, Season 3 is currently airing on the SciFi channel.

This one though would go way way back in time. Back to before the ancient ascended.

I think it would be interesting to see their relation with the other 3 races, their war with the Ori, Wraith, or some other threat that was - well threatening the Galaxy while we were in evolutionary infancy or maybe not even a thought yet.

I think it would be cool to have a lot of the questions we may have about the Ancients (I assume they'd call themselves something else lol), the Asgard, the Nox, and the Furlings answered in this way.

Just an idea... What do you think?
          It won't happen. The producers have said very clearly that they will not be doing a prequel. The new series will be set in the present. This means if it begins in 2008, the first season will take place in 2008-09.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            Check out Stargate: Atlantis. Seasons 1 & 2 are on DVD, Season 3 is currently airing on the SciFi channel.
            I don't see how that makes the ending to SG-1 any less disappointing. The series went on for 10 seasons. To end it they had it come to a screeching halt. And I've watched Atlantis since the beginning anyways.

It's too bad the producers are closed to the idea of a prequel though. I think it could be pretty interesting.

Comment

I don't see how that makes the ending to SG-1 any less disappointing. The series went on for 10 seasons. To end it they had it come to a screeching halt. And I've watched Atlantis since the beginning anyways.

It's too bad the producers are closed to the idea of a prequel though. I think it could be pretty interesting.
              And I'm sure if you were willing to pay for it, they'd make it for you!

Comment

I don't see how that makes the ending to SG-1 any less disappointing. The series went on for 10 seasons. To end it they had it come to a screeching halt.
                You said, "I thought it would be cool if they made another Stargate series." What on Earth does that have to do with how SG-1 ended? Why replace SG-1 when we already have a second TV series called Atlantis?

And I've watched Atlantis since the beginning anyways.
                Then why do you want a new SG show? Why not just watch Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  You said, "I thought it would be cool if they made another Stargate series." What on Earth does that have to do with how SG-1 ended? Why replace SG-1 when we already have a second TV series called Atlantis?

Then why do you want a new SG show? Why not just watch Atlantis?
                  I think you've misread what he/she's trying to say. He didn't say "second", he said "another", meaning third, which is why he put it in this forum.

Say you want lemonade, and you find a lemonade stand. You say to the kid, "Hey! I was just thinking that I wanted lemonade!" and the kid said "Why did you ask? It's right here?" That's kind of what just happened lol.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I think that it wuold be very interesting for them to find yet another galaxy or maybe even another dimension that the ancients currently enhabit. Maybe the ninth chevron is the key to getting to this extra dimension or universe.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
                      I think that it wuold be very interesting for them to find yet another galaxy or maybe even another dimension that the ancients currently enhabit. Maybe the ninth chevron is the key to getting to this extra dimension or universe.
                      I doubt it will be just that simple and now that there is no show based from earth now that SG-1 has finished so whatever the show is about I think that it will be based out of earth or at the very least out of our galaxy

But if we came across another ZPM or perhaps some new power source (given unending) we could power all the adventures we need from earth so perhaps another galaxy from that perspective
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I just want to say how much I'm looking forward to Stargate: Universe! Any series that'll continue the Stargate franchise I'll gladly welcome with open arms. There's so much to look forward to learning about:

1) How the use of the Ninth Cevron is discovered and what it allows a Stargate to do;

2) Who the characters are and the names of the actors playing them;

3) What the theme music will be like;

4) What connections Universe will have with SG-1 and Atlantis;

5) Who the villains will be;

6) Where Universe will be based;

7) If any characters from SG-1 or Atlantis will be present in the pilot episode.

What I've listed is probably only the tip of the iceberg where Universe is concerened. I'm sure there's going to be even more to learn and I look forward to the days, weeks, and months ahead to learning more about Stargate: Universe. Very exciting times ahead I feel sure!

- Alan.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Same here Alan. I'm excited for the series as well.

Comment

I would just like to put my two cents in that I am glad they are not making it a prequel. A prequel gives you so many problems. Either ( a ) You already know how it turned out, so it's not nearly as exciting or ( b ) They actually change the already canonized timeline so by the end of the series they either have to have some time alteration episode, where the timeline is skewed back into what we saw in SG-1 and Atlantis, thereby erasing the altered timeline of the new series, or we are highly disappointed because now our SG-1 and Atlantis series are no longer accurate.

Did people like Star Trek: Enterprise? Maybe. But they met the Klingons in the first episode, whereas I believe they shouldn't have met them 'till Captain Kirk's time. And they found out about the Borg, so why didn't Captain Picard know about them in Star Trek: The Next Generation? (Yes, I admit it, I used to be a trekkie.)

Things like this, I suppose, is why they won't do a prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan'nee View Post
                              I would just like to put my two cents in that I am glad they are not making it a prequel. A prequel gives you so many problems. Either ( a ) You already know how it turned out, so it's not nearly as exciting or ( b ) They actually change the already canonized timeline so by the end of the series they either have to have some time alteration episode, where the timeline is skewed back into what we saw in SG-1 and Atlantis, thereby erasing the altered timeline of the new series, or we are highly disappointed because now our SG-1 and Atlantis series are no longer accurate.

Did people like Star Trek: Enterprise? Maybe. But they met the Klingons in the first episode, whereas I believe they shouldn't have met them 'till Captain Kirk's time. And they found out about the Borg, so why didn't Captain Picard know about them in Star Trek: The Next Generation? (Yes, I admit it, I used to be a trekkie.)

Things like this, I suppose, is why they won't do a prequel.
                              I'm also glad that it's not a prequel. How would a prequel series work anyway? The SGC's only been around for over 10-years and we've seen everything that the program has done. The SGC doesn't have the 200 year history (or however long they've been aound) that an organisation like Starfleet has in Star Trek.
                              Last edited by Alan; 18 April 2007, 09:25 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Dance View Post
                                I would just like to put my two cents in that I am glad they are not making it a prequel. A prequel gives you so many problems. Either ( a ) You already know how it turned out, so it's not nearly as exciting or ( b ) They actually change the already canonized timeline

Did people like Star Trek: Enterprise? Maybe. .
                                Very good points IMO. To answer your probably rhetorical question Enterprise died because not enough people liked it. And that, IMO, is because you can't go back, it just creates such a mess of the "new"present and future.

Go forward young SG, go forward, to mangle a phrase.

But please no extra dimension stuff and as little time travel as possible, that just hurts the brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X