Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

Trish writes: “So only one word titles for season 1. Interesting. Hey… maybe season 2 epis can use two words, season 3 can use three words and so on!”

Answer: If I have my way.

PG15 writes: “1. Again, alluding to the past, you once said that you guys were discussing making Rob’s pitch for Episode 17 into the season finale (March 10th entry). Did you guys end up doing that, or is that pitch still for episode 17?

2. How far are you guys along on series planning? How much of Season 2 do you guys have mapped out?”

Answers: 1. The story that formerly occupied the 17 slots is now the season finale.

2. Brad and Rob have a rough idea where they want the series to go, however we won’t start fleshing out season two until we’ve completed script work on this first season.

Tim Molter writes: “How is Stargate Universe going to be different from Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, or the Star Trek series?”

Answer: Let’s see…by being a completely different series.

Major D. Davis writes: “[..] 2. Is the special project that MGM is creating a trailer? If so when will we get to see it. If not, when will we get to see the next SGU trailer(Its been about a month)?

[...]

5. What SGU episode(besides Air) are you most psyched about?(Its ok if you say Space, You’re a fantastic writer)”

Answers: [...] 2. I have no idea what this is a reference to.

[...]

5. Right now, I’m psyched about the show in general.

PG15 writes: “Hey Joe, looks like Craig Engler at SciFi beat you to the punch in the “showing new pics of SGU” department.”

Answer: Hey, aint that a kid in the head. Guess he’s got better connections.

Workin’ Hard writes: “Off topic, I was wondering if y’all over at SGU (on the writing staff) use a script formatting software. If so, which one(s)?”

Answer: Movie Magic Screenwriter.

Jedi Master also writes: “An the hype about the SG1 appearing in the show was just that hype, we really are NOT that stupid, this was a desperate attempt to get back lost viewers…”

Answer: It’s interesting to note that those of you who take this view about members of SG-1 appearing in the SGU premiere conveniently forget that both Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks guested in the Atlantis premiere. What’s with that?
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ooooooooooooo/

Comment

Answer: It’s interesting to note that those of you who take this view about members of SG-1 appearing in the SGU premiere conveniently forget that both Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks guested in the Atlantis premiere. What’s with that?
      Owned
      Last edited by Coronach; 06 May 2009, 09:39 PM.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
        I agree with your other points, but I wanted to say that it's relatively rare that I find people who like Cloverfield. Honestly, I liked the movie even though I recognize its faults, .

On the other hand, I also wouldn't want Cloverfield style for SGU, so I'm glad the producers mentioned that they specifically don't want that either.
        yeah i know it is however i find it the same with stargate soemtimes as well but honestly i wasnt expecting an oscar nominee.for me cloverfield is just really entertaining monster flick with interesting camera work.however i also dont want that same camera work on sgu but id be fine with it like FNL's.

Comment

Cloverfield isn't really even a monster flick, the monster is totally irrelevant to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Cloverfield isn't really even a monster flick, the monster is totally irrelevant to be fair.
            Haha, I was gonna say this...but you beat me to it . Yeah, Cloverfield's main theme is not the monster itself, but rather the way people reacted to such a situation. At least that's the feel I got. I always felt like the monster was really secondary
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
              Haha, I was gonna say this...but you beat me to it . Yeah, Cloverfield's main theme is not the monster itself, but rather the way people reacted to such a situation. At least that's the feel I got. I always felt like the monster was really secondary
              I agree.
              Also the reason people are freaking out saying "Stargate Cloverfield" is because there was one camera flip in the trailer. One........
              sigpic

Comment

SGU - John Scalzi Blog Update May 7 '09:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....4&postcount=10

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Hmmm.

In the comments section JS said that the series will premier on October 2nd.

Time for a Countdown thread?

Also, update:

Major D. Davis write: “You had said a couple days ago that the reason we could not see the destiny set pics was because MGM had something special. Is the special thing a trailer?”

Answer: At present, I can’t comment on what it is exactly, but it’s even more special than a trailer.

Major D. Davis writes: “[...] 4. When will fans get to see the new SGU trailer? [...]”

Answers: [...] 4. No idea. [...]
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...nner-with-kim/
                  Last edited by PG15; 08 May 2009, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Hmmm.

In the comments section JS said that the series will premier on October 2nd.

Time for a Countdown thread?

Who is JS?

I think the October 2nd date came from an interview with Amanda Tapping several months ago, where she stated Sanctuary would premiere on Oct. 9th, a week AFTER the premiere of SGU.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                      Who is JS?
                      John Scalzi - he replied to a comment
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        John Scalzi - he replied to a comment
                        Oh, thank you. My poor brain stalled there for a few minutes...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

You're welcome It doesn't help that such a huge number of people involved in this franchise have the first initial "J" either! LOL!
                          sigpic

Comment

lmao you're the one that posted the link to his blog!
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

SGU - John Scalzi Blog Update May 7 '09:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....4&postcount=10
                              That's a lot of wild stuff. If 1/2 of that is actually in season 1 it sounds like it's gonna be awesome.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                                lmao you're the one that posted the link to his blog!
                                You young wizenheimers. You just wait until you're old and feeble and crochety!

Guess who will be LMAO then ... well, it won't be me, because I'll be ... well, somewhere ... but some younger wizenheimers will be LMAO at you.

Now, where's my walker so I can hobble away in a huff!

(Now that I think about it, where did I leave my teeth?)

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X