Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    It's an ensemble. It's not going to be like SG-1 where there is a set main cast surrounded by guest characters, it'll be more like Lost or Heroes where there are quite a few characters that the show follows, so there's nothing to be 'figured out', I'm sure character wise the show will be more fluid than that.
    Well i can see how the story can follow, Young, Rush, Wray, Telford, and Tamara. As for the rest I really don't see how they fit in(even thought they all look cool, just life or death situations and leadership rolls will most likely fall on those 5)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      Just Great. So We Will either have a 7-Man Cast or a 9-Man Cast. they need to get that figurered out and fast.
      Look on SGU's imbd page.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286039/

That will tell you what characters will be in what episodes.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh and is anyone looking forward to the Julia Anderson's character, Vanessa James.

I am really excited about her it's just when i looked at all the character that were on the show for 5 or 6 episodes to see who
        Spoiler:
        could possibly be the character that RC said would commit suicide
        I got a inner vibe telling me it was her. Did anyone else feel that?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
          Well i can see how the story can follow, Young, Rush, Wray, Telford, and Tamara. As for the rest I really don't see how they fit in(even thought they all look cool, just life or death situations and leadership rolls will most likely fall on those 5)
          You need to understand that this isn't going to be like SG-1 and Atlantis, it isn't going to be an organised expedition or base with a neat little group of main characters that everything revolves around, and as far life or death situations go they're all in it together, and as leadership goes, ANYTHING goes. I get the feeling people really haven't grasped quite how different this show is going to be compared to the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            You need to understand that this isn't going to be like SG-1 and Atlantis, it isn't going to be an organised expedition or base with a neat little group of main characters that everything revolves around, and as far life or death situations go they're all in it together, and as leadership goes, ANYTHING goes. I get the feeling people really haven't grasped quite how different this show is going to be compared to the other two.
            Thats exactly my point(kinda). At first i can see the major things happening between high ranking characters. However, since there is no team, I cannot see how just 7-9 people will be so important. I think there should many more faces on the ship that are regular.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              Just Great. So We Will either have a 7-Man Cast or a 9-Man Cast. they need to get that figurered out and fast.
              lol is that an order?

I think one of the main points of the show (and the biggest difference from SG-1 & SGA) is that this time it's not gonna be all about the "leaders" or the "go-to" team.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Thats exactly my point(kinda). At first i can see the major things happening between high ranking characters. However, since there is no team, I cannot see how just 7-9 people will be so important. I think there should many more faces on the ship that are regular.
                It sounds like there are a few more recurring characters that we're not hearing much abut so far.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

JJ writes: “I assume that SGU crew wouldn’t take a long break in the mid-production, because SG1 and SGA movie will may both start producing this fall, right?”

Answer: The production always takes a mid-season summer hiatus. It gives the cast and crew the chance to recharge, the writers to finish up some more scripts, and the Art and Construction departments to build some new sets.

Platschu writes: “1. Can you tell us the name of the 9th episode, if “Justice” became the 10th episode?

2. Can we expect other exotic shooting locations next to New Mexico in the second half of this season? Is it cheaper than building a set or make it in green screen?

3. Will any Atlantis actor make a cameo in SG:U? I will accept a simple yes or no, so if you want to keep the information as a surprise, than don’t say the name of the actor!

[...]

6. Which actor or actess has surprised you with his or her acting skill after the audition? Has ever happened that a shooted scene became even better as you imagined it on script?

7. You mentioned the SG:U team won’t be international. Was this creative decision influenced by Atlantis, or do the writers support character moments in SG:U rather than different nationalities? Will SG:U deal with different religions, environment protection, not sexual or ethnic minorities or other actual problems?

8. Is it true that SyFy and MGM have ordered season 2 too? There were rumors on the net about it and it would calm down every fan that SG:U is in no danger.

9. How do you expect to reach bigger rating, if the nuber of DVR is still growing? I mean you can make the best SG series ever, but I fear significantly more viewer won’t pay and watch SyFy only for SG:U. [...]

Answers: 1. Sure. Life.

2. Traveling all the way to New Mexico to shoot is definitely NOT the cheaper option.

3. It’s possible.

[...]

6. The entire cast has surprised us in one great way or another over the past few months.

7. They won’t be international because they weren’t intended to be part of any expedition. They’re the wrong people in the wrong place at the wrong time.

8. Nope. I don’t expect to hear about a season two pick-up until this winter.

9. Nielsen ratings are down across the board, but that doesn’t mean networks should stop broadcasting shows. It’s simple become necessary to take other factors (like DVR) into consideration when judging a show’s performance.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...omic-round-up/
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

so let me get this straight episode 9 is life what does that make episode 8?

Comment

so episode 1 through 3 is air (3-part premire) 4 is fire 5 is earth 6 is water 7 is time 9 is life 10 is justice 11 is space 12 is divided 13 is faith, 14 is darkness and 15 is light apparently. so what is episode 8?

Comment

You got you numbers mixed up Life is number 8 with Justice being 9
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

So much for being "old news".

JM just confirmed that Life is episode 9. You even scolded me over it.

Comment

The way I read was that JM was answering the order if Justice was episode 10. Last I checked Justice was still episode 9. But I am not a JM obssessor reader like you so I will admitt if I am wrong
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, you are wrong.

Justice is 10, Life is 9.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                The way I read was that JM was answering the order if Justice was episode 10. Last I checked Justice was still episode 9. But I am not a JM obssessor reader like you so I will admitt if I am wrong
                                He mentioned somewhere "Space" was postponed, so "Justice" is the 10th episode. PG15 has forgotten to change the episode titles on the forum.

PG15 writes: “1. What is episode 10 of SGU now?
                                2. Was “Space” moved because a). one of the episodes before it was expanded into a 2-parter or b). another episode (it could be a whole new one, or one that was later than Space, but was moved ahead of it) was added to the line up before “Space”? or c). none of the above?
                                3. Has the episode “Justice” been renamed “Judgment” like you wanted, or was that just a typo?
                                4. With Lawren being the script coordinator, does that mean that he will take over Alex’s duties on the SciFi Stargate blog as well?

Answers: 1. Episode 10 is now Justice.
                                2. d) one of the above.
                                3. No, it’s always been Justice. Though, in retrospect, I think Judgment is more appropriate.
                                4. I believe so.
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...he-syfy-slant/
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X