Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Whilst a modernised gate room DOES indeed make me rather scepitcal, I highly doubt that it will be like that. What we should consider though is that the SGC is very much a Cold War era style facility in the equipment and architecture. If the USAF really felt the desire, I'm sure the SGC or any cold war base could be renovated to become a symbol of modernity in a 21st century Air Force.
    It really depends on what length of time takes place between EATG and whenever the gate room turns up in SGU. If it's weeks or months we fans could accept that modernisation took place during this period. If it's days then the renovators must have been working at near light speed.

In particular fans can look forward to a re-imagined SG1 Gate Room, bearing the new stylistic elements of Universe
    This suggests that somebody fell in love with the Destiny's interior decor and decided that the gate room should be completely remodelled to match.

I like Ori interior decor myself. I think that the gate room should look like the interior of an Ori ship. On the other hand, Goa'uld ships have a stunning interior decor so maybe SGC ought to go Goa'uld.
    sigpic

Comment

And as for this new modern gate room, it must be a joke. It's a military base, I don't want to see plush red carpets, with a beautiful motif themed wall paper, while having flashy neon lights built into the ramp.
      Er, say what? It's still the Air Force. They only wish they got nice carpet, etc. It's all about the concrete and hospital colored paint.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
        Er, say what? It's still the Air Force. They only wish they got nice carpet, etc. It's all about the concrete and hospital colored paint.
        I was joking about red carpets etc, as a way of saying they'l probably go over the top with the redesign, and it'l look terrible.

Comment

^What makes you think they'll go over the top?

Look at the Alpha site. That's relatively new, and yet it's fairly normal. Your fears are unfounded.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          "In particular fans can look forward to a re-imagined SG1 Gate Room, bearing the new stylistic elements of Universe."

This is going to piss a lot of people off. If he thinks this is in any way a treat or that people will be looking forward to it he's having a laugh, I expect his blog to be inundated with the rants of angry traditionalists.
          The info is from the Creation Con website, about the set tours, not from JM's blog.

And guys, if we match JM's info and this info, we know that they're not redecorating the SGC gateroom; they're renovating the set to become Icarus Base.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            ^What makes you think they'll go over the top?

Look at the Alpha site. That's relatively new, and yet it's fairly normal. Your fears are unfounded.

The info is from the Creation Con website, about the set tours, not from JM's blog.

And guys, if we match JM's info and this info, we know that they're not redecorating the SGC gateroom; they're renovating the set to become Icarus Base.
            True, I guess I do over react about these things. Sorry.

Comment

I don't go to Bond films, so I missed that. I'm guessing that it's part of the same naming convention that gave us the Prometheus an the Odyssey. Unless, ot course, the base is rather too close to a sun.
              Icarus is the name of the uber weapon that the villain in James Bonds' "Die Another Day" movie that came out in 2002. I was just being facetious, I am sure it is just in keeping with the Greek mythology motif TPTB have used for quite some time.
              sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                I thought Icarus died from flying too close to the sun, which burnt his wings resulting in his fall to death. I'm assuming this will be reference in them flying close to fires of danger.
                Perhaps shown in the episode titled "fire", which will then be followed by Water, as after Icarus fell he landed and drowned in the Sea. If they work along symbolism, it should naturally follow this route.

And as for this new modern gate room, it must be a joke. It's a military base, I don't want to see plush red carpets, with a beautiful motif themed wall paper, while having flashy neon lights built into the ramp.

It'd look too much like Wormhole X-Treme.
                Think of Season 2's last episode, 'Out of Mind (Part 1)' and Season 3's opener, 'Into the Fire (Part 2).' That was where Hathor made a replica of the SGC base, but modified it to have a futuristic look to fit with her plans.

I assume it will just have a few modern looking lights and the corridor floors a bit different. Minor things. Just to have a touch of 'update.'

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

SGU - David Blue Twitter Update Jan 21 '09:

From David Blue's Twitter site:

I cant wait to start working on the show Super excited

about 1 hour ago from mobile web

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I was joking about red carpets etc, as a way of saying they'l probably go over the top with the redesign, and it'l look terrible.
                    I was joking too...

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Have you SEEN what some military bases look like? Half of the haven't been updates since World War Two.
                      I have and some appear to not been updated since WWI.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Update!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...lecock-junior/

Icarus Base. I like the sound of that. Yes.

So...the secret base? Y/N/lobster?
                        Universe definitely appears to be shaping up.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

SGU - David Blue - MySpace Blog Update Jan 22 '09:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....50&postcount=4

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
                            Icarus is the name of the uber weapon that the villain in James Bonds' "Die Another Day" movie that came out in 2002. I was just being facetious, I am sure it is just in keeping with the Greek mythology motif TPTB have used for quite some time.

Icarus is also the name of a New Mutant in the X-Man comics!! He has a beautiful singing voice and can heal any wounds that he receives. And like Angel he has wings (only in his case his are red to match his hair)!!!
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
                              Meaning that they will get too close to the sun (or star which they are orbiting), catch fire, crash to the earth (or nearby planet orbiting that star), and die? _

Wow. The implications of that as a metaphor for the show... _ _ makes the mind boggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post

I was joking too...
                                You rapscallions!
                                I almost mistook your joshing for typical Gatie overbearing earnestness.
                                Good one!_

Comment

Working...
                                X