Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as its not the Twilight chick shes over rated
    I'm not even sure she's actually literate. I've never seen more appalling prose.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      I've just read this over on GW's front page but thanks for the link anyway Gen_J_O'Neill!

I'm very excited about what I've read, as I said in the comments section, Stargate: Universe is shaping up quite nicely!
      ah cheers for that, gateworld main page wasn't working for me this morning so had to pop over to another source

And Indeed it is! I actually like the idea of having an IOA rep on board the ship. Even though she may prove to be very annoying it will be interesting to see the power play she makes (if any) because she thinks she's the person who should be in charge. And trying to follow the IOA mandate when they are so far from home with no chance of getting back. I wonder how that will affect her decisions.

And it looks like I called it about the late senator....woohoo
      sigpic
      By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
        ah cheers for that, gateworld main page wasn't working for me this morning so had to pop over to another source
        Your welcome. I was having issues with GW too. I just managed to read it and put a comment in. Whatever time it reads next to my comment was around the last time I saw GW before it all crashed around me. It took multiple refreshings to get the comment in but I won through....just.

And Indeed it is! I actually like the idea of having an IOA rep on board the ship. Even though she may prove to be very annoying it will be interesting to see the power play she makes (if any) because she thinks she's the person who should be in charge. And trying to follow the IOA mandate when they are so far from home with no chance of getting back. I wonder how that will affect her decisions.
        This is shaping up to be a very interesting group of characters. They sound like they'll have a very different, and difficult working relationship to those characters of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis.

And it looks like I called it about the late senator....woohoo
        Good for you!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
          I'm not even sure she's actually literate. I've never seen more appalling prose.
          *DAZZL*

Anyways, it seems the pieces are falling into place! I was totally pumped over "Wray" when JM talked about her those few weeks ago, and now seeing that she's kind of a "proto-Woolsey" just makes it all the sweeter.

And hey, whatever happened to the "OMG IT'S ALL TOO YOUNG!!!" thing?

Comment

Am I the only person who just saw that little nugget of an SGU teaser? Red lights on the stargate? Did I see that right?

Five Stages Of Grief:
            1. Denial 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance.
            RIP SG1 & SGA.
            .::My Myspace | My DeviantArt Gallery::.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

If you're in need of a sig/tag drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to make ya one. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mana View Post
              Am I the only person who just saw that little nugget of an SGU teaser? Red lights on the stargate? Did I see that right?
              Yes as I think that "red" symbolized fire as Atlantis = water,and SG-1= earth

Comment

I saw the SGU teaser at the end of atlantis, didn't show much but a rocky planet, a stargate with red lights (couldnt' see the symbols) and a red(then instantly blue) wormhole.

I am pumped for Universe, I hope that Universe follows the spirit of the origional Stargate movie that started it all, I think that is what the writers are going for.
                Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                -----------------------------------------------
                I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Originally posted by Mana View Post
                  You were WRONG.

Comment

Ok, for those of us without SciFi, what was shown? What happened? Is it new footage of any kind?

Comment

Why can't Stargate universe be about everything? I mean its not like SG-1 or Atlantis, it doesn't have to stick with one story line, or one team. It could even go back and forth between Atlantis and the Universe story. Or even go back it to SG-1 for a while. And still continue with its regular story about the Destiny and that teams journey , ..um back home

P.S. Does anyone else think Ford could have appeared in Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by jakebolt View Post
                        Why can't Stargate universe be about everything? I mean its not like SG-1 or Atlantis, it doesn't have to stick with one story line, or one team. It could even go back and forth between Atlantis and the Universe story. Or even go back it to SG-1 for a while. And still continue with its regular story about the Destiny and that teams journey , ..um back home
                        Except its not.

How would that bring in new viewers if they are required to know 15 seasons and three movies worth of backstory?
                        Meh.

Comment

What? Why would they do that?
                          SG-1 and SGA got canceled because of rising costs and lowering ratings and you want Universe to have episodes dedicated to them? How does that make sense?

Comment

hmmm idk....XD

Comment

Mod hat on.

When someone says "Did anyone see ....? " It's a figure of speech...no need to get snarky in response.

No need to reply to it either .

Back to topic guys .
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Yes they could..... if you are a fan of ST: Voyager you know how they did an ep or two with Barkley back on earth trying to help out the crew of Voyager..... It could be vary easy for good writers to incorporate something like this...... Plus it would be just good storytelling..... I for one would like it....
                                And yes they could have brought Ford in on 'Vegas'..... It would have been interesting....

Comment

Working...
                                X