Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
    New Writers can only mean good things. New writers equal fresh ideas and a greater variance in writing styles, which equals....Woohoo! Not that I don't like whats come out of tptb so far, but for this to work they will need to think outside of the box.
    Well...that doesn't always prove to be true.

I cite the case of Ronald Wilkerson, who wrote for Star Trek: TNG and ST: VOY, and very briefly -- 4 episodes for Stargate SG-1 -- including some less than normal quality episodes as: Red Sky, Between Two Fires, Proving Ground, Sentinel and contributed to Sight Unseen, Covenant and Bounty.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I loved Red Sky and Between Two Fires.

Comment

I like Proving Ground
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          I like Proving Ground
          Actually, I like parts of Proving Ground, just not the whole episode.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            I loved Red Sky and Between Two Fires.
            Pats PG15 on the head.

That's okay, dear, we love you anyway.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                Well...that doesn't always prove to be true.

I cite the case of Ronald Wilkerson, who wrote for Star Trek: TNG and ST: VOY, and very briefly -- 4 episodes for Stargate SG-1 -- including some less than normal quality episodes as: Red Sky, Between Two Fires, Proving Ground, Sentinel and contributed to Sight Unseen, Covenant and Bounty.
                Good point. I guess the main point I was trying make was that it will hopefully provide a greater style of eps throughout the series. One of the things I like about RCC is his ability to change things up during his episode and alter the tone and impact of his episodes. I feel that some of the SG writers can sometimes pump out the same stuff with the same feel over and over again. While I do like that it can become a little boring and stagnant. New and one-off freelance writers can provide a different feel for their eps and thus, we will get varied eps throughout the season.

Then again, it could be a train wreck that most of us don't want to see happen. Only time will tell.
                sigpic
                By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                  As long as its not the Twilight chick shes over rated
                  Meyer? Why the balls would they bring her in?

... But I do agree.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                    Well...that doesn't always prove to be true.I cite the case of Ronald Wilkerson, who wrote for Star Trek: TNG and ST: VOY, and very briefly -- 4 episodes for Stargate SG-1 -- including some less than normal quality episodes as: Red Sky, Between Two Fires, Proving Ground, Sentinel and contributed to Sight Unseen, Covenant and Bounty.
                    Bite you tongue morjana. Those are good episodes
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                      As long as its not the Twilight chick shes over rated
                      :: shudder ::

I'll be leading the revolt if that happens.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                        :: shudder ::

I'll be leading the revolt if that happens.
                        Ugh, I would help you.
                        sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

I thought I was the one who always started mob rule
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I like the sound of Camille. So it'll be military, scientist, and IOA vying for control. Sounds good

Comment

new casting call info from solutions: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=2473
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler TV has posted two new casting calls for the new Stargate Universe television series, set to begin filming February 4 with the pilot episode entitled “Air”:

[SENATOR WALKER]
                              Male. 50s. 60s. Distinguished Senator who is the political oversight to this Stargate project trying to dial the 9th Chevron. Also the proud loving father of Chloe Walker his daughter and political aids… GUEST STAR, 2 EPISODE ARC. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES. STAR NAMES ONLY.

Senator Walker is the father of series regular Chloe Walker, formerly known as Chloe Carpenter. As indicated in Chloe’s character breakdown, Senator Walker will die a tragic death, possibly during the attack on the base where the Stargate connects to the Destiny through the Ninth Chevron. If they’ve changed the names of the characters, however, it is also possible they’ve changed storylines as well and the good senator might survive to return to the show another day, although the “2-episode arc” detail kind of supports the death scenario. We’ll have to wait and see on that.

[CAMILLE WRAY]
                              30-50. An accountant with the international oversight body that governs the Stargate program. Now the highest ranking member of that body left stranded on the ship, she has a false sense of importance and superiority to the other military and civilian population along with a stubborn way of asserting it.sptv050769..GUEST STAR, POSSIBLY RECURRING, PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

Wray was talked about by creative consultant Joseph Mallozzi in his blog as an important secondary character. His description: “I also think Wray has a lot of potential for getting under Young and co.’s skin. She’s a definite love her or hate her type of character, one who’ll prove the bane to many a series regular, and probably some viewers as well.”

In addition to signing up Robert Carlyle to portray Dr. David Rush, casting has also been completed for Col. Everett Young, Lt. Jared Scott (formerly Nash), Eli Hitchcock, and Marine Ron Stasiak. The possibility also exists that they’ve selected their Chloe and Tamara Johanson (aka Jon) as well. Mallozzi said that casting announcements will be officially released very soon.
                              sigpic
                              By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                                new casting call info from solutions: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=2473
                                I've just read this over on GW's front page but thanks for the link anyway Gen_J_O'Neill!

I'm very excited about what I've read, as I said in the comments section, Stargate: Universe is shaping up quite nicely!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X