Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    From the Marty G. interview:

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/crossroads.shtml

NOT PURPLE?!?!?! But...but...oh this show's ruined! RUINED!!
    There may still be hope. He did say "think". That gives it some leeway that they may yet still be purple.

Originally posted by Automission View Post
    The gate dials in an awesome way? How can it get more awesome than it already is? Will the DHD play the final countdown as each symbol is locked in? Will it contain super flashy images?
    Whatever it is I'm sure it will be awesome and I can't wait to see how they've improved over what we've already seen!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

GW: OK. Please tell me that this is not Battlestar Galactica meets Lost.

MG: No, I don't think it's that at all. We're incapable of doing those shows. It's going to have a texture that is familiar and welcome to fans. It's a Stargate show. If you like Stargate you're going to like this.

well, it's pretty obvious you're incapable, because those two shows are well-written.
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        well, it's pretty obvious you're incapable, because those two shows are well-written.
        That's not what he meant and you know it. These writers have provided 15 seasons of entertainment, and one of the best sci fi shows in the form of SG-1, or atleast up until about season 8, when I know some people thought it started going downhill. I'm getting a bit sick of constant *****ing though. We get the ******* point, you don't like it. We don't need people twisting words and making *****y comments every single time you see the oppertunity.

Martin G was right. Why do these people still watch the show? And don't say the typical 'because it's funny seeing how bad it gets'. That's a stupid answer. And not to mention very sad too.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          That's not what he meant and you know it. These writers have provided 15 seasons of entertainment, and one of the best sci fi shows in the form of SG-1, or atleast up until about season 8, when I know some people thought it started going downhill. I'm getting a bit sick of constant *****ing though. We get the ******* point, you don't like it. We don't need people twisting words and making *****y comments every single time you see the oppertunity.

Martin G was right. Why do these people still watch the show? And don't say the typical 'because it's funny seeing how bad it gets'. That's a stupid answer. And not to mention very sad too.
          blah blah...do you feel better?
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Great way to totally avoid the post God. Good for you. But I guess that's what you have to do when you can't forge a proper reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
              The gate dials in an awesome way? How can it get more awesome than it already is? Will the DHD play the final countdown as each symbol is locked in? Will it contain super flashy images?
              Big booming voice backed by a musical build-up, like in the Lottery draw? "And the final chevron is...Orion!"

Actually, on a serious note, I wonder if TPTB will return to ancient-looking spinning gates. Frankly, I really hope so. The Stargate in SG-1 was far more interesting to look at and listen to, I thought, compared to the Atlantis gate (which had some good design ideas, but was ultimately less effective). Given the supposed age of the Destiny (older than Atlantis), I'd give it good odds.

Maybe a hybrid of the two designs? With purple chevrons, obviously. Nothing else will be tolerated...
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                Great way to totally avoid the post God. Good for you. But I guess that's what you have to do when you can't forge a proper reply.
                that's what I do when I really don't care. I suggest you to do the same
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                  Big booming voice backed by a musical build-up, like in the Lottery draw? "And the final chevron is...Orion!"

Actually, on a serious note, I wonder if TPTB will return to ancient-looking spinning gates. Frankly, I really hope so. The Stargate in SG-1 was far more interesting to look at and listen to, I thought, compared to the Atlantis gate (which had some good design ideas, but was ultimately less effective). Given the supposed age of the Destiny (older than Atlantis), I'd give it good odds.
                  Some good points there. I wonder if TPTB will take any of that on board when designing the new Gate.

Maybe a hybrid of the two designs? With purple chevrons, obviously. Nothing else will be tolerated...
                  Hehe! Absolutely!

that's what I do when I really don't care. I suggest you to do the same
                  If you don't care...why are you here?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

blah blah...do you feel better?
                    Seriously mate, you suck. **** off already. BSG is ****, and Lost is amazing. But I watch lost for mystery, I watch Stargate for sci fi talk and their own storylines. If every show worked in the same way, they'd all suck.

So, to sum this up. **** off dick.

Sorry for that outburst people. Yeah, I hope the gate is purple in some way, even if it's just a purple tinted stargate room!

Comment

Special writes: “Any chance that some female writers or writers of color will be joining the SGU team?”

Answer: Every season, the show always makes a point of auditioning new talent and I don’t see SGU being any different.
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Cool. New blood, new ideas.

Thanks, Jumper.

Comment

In other words....

Don't hold your breath.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            In other words....

Don't hold your breath.
                            Exactly. He said they'd be auditioned. He didn't say they'd actually bring any new writers into the fold.

Comment

Well, if the "auditionees" suck, why should they?

New does not automatically equal good.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Well, if the "auditionees" suck, why should they?

New does not automatically equal good.
                                No, but it would be really nice if we had some writers other than the usual for what is supposed to be brand-spankin' new departure from the usual Stargate formula for SGU.

So far, we've got the usual culprits, only two of which (Carl Binder and Alan McCullough) are relatively new. And when I say new, I mean newer than the other writers who've been around since SG-1.

Whatever happened to Damian Kindler?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X