Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    Well the ori didnt knwo there was life in any other galaxy than there own, i guess my grammer was wrong and should have said there would be no point in the ori placing gates in other galaxies if there was no life, and with the ancients they were on a long journey through space for generations until they came here never has it been mentioned they stopped and built gates in a different random galaxy.
    Never been mentioned, but they were explorers so i dont see a reason why they wouldnt have gone to more places then Pegasus and Ida after Milky way
    Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
    Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
      Never been mentioned, but they were explorers so i dont see a reason why they wouldnt have gone to more places then Pegasus and Ida after Milky way
      lol touche

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        You posted that twice.

And you know you may have something there. By golly how original too, they just might do it.
        thanks for pointing that out

at least if this is "slider lite" they can get back home. I'm thinking for the pilot the team pisses off a alternate reality villian and now the villain wants to get to the home teams universe and conquer this one
        the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            That would be just as vague and unhelpful as "Stargate Universe".

Or hey, how about Stargate: Deep Space Ninth Chevron?

Oh and Zed, considering that they're making the same mistakes on Atlantis that they made on SG-1 (only making them bigger and faster) I doubt they'll have learned anything by the time SGU starts filming.

Your funny. Or are you?
            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

I think it's very possible that we could be exploring the whole universe instead of just another galaxy. It sounds very promising IMO. For a title how about Stargate:Vengence.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                AGHHHHHHHHHH! *runs away screaming*

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H View Post
                  Dude...the Ori are the BEST enemy. I agree with you on time travel and the replicators, but the ancients and SG1? No! We must have some reference.

Anyway. My working theory is that we're following the journey of one or a few teams working out of a rather large spacecraft. Whether that be a ship or a station I can't say. Heck, if they went the route of a station like Star Trek did, I wouldn't be appalled, but I think they can do better.

It'd be really cool if they brought in the Goa'uld or the Tok'ra in some form.

I'm just so excited that it's coming so soon! Holy cow, it's like less than a year! Early '08? So like Jan or Feb?

What if the time travel stuff in Continuum conflicts with continuity and therefore this new show is born? That's a thought.
                  I agree except the repilcators as I like both incarnations of them. Though for the third series IMO it needs to be a completly new cast, enemy and environment. I think that to start it off someone we know needs to send them on their way then keep it seperate from there on out. The concept sounds very cool and i can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
                    The best part of SG (and most distinct part of it from Star Trek) is that the show is contemporary. TPTB is wise is sticking with this, imho.
                    Agree. Stick with a working formulae. I like prequels or future stuff but I agree with their move on this.

Comment

[QUOTE=Findo;6485788]
                      The "Universe" title is seriously cheesy, do we have any evidence that it really is just a working title?
                      Dude it is a working title here is the proofhttp://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...e_univer.shtml

What I want is:

* Characters remember things that happened in previous episodes and seasons.
                      * Characters are changed by this, and sometimes they talk about it.
                      * Characters don't change personality when it's convenient for the writers.
                      * No romance of any kind at all.
                      * Characters only die for meaningful reasons; we should be able to look back and see why the writers had to kill them off. There have been too many throwaway deaths in Stargate and Atlantis:

Spoiler:
                      Think of Robert Rothman, a fun character who could have offered us insights into Daniel's past and who got killed for nothing. We never saw Daniel or Jack deal with something that would have had a profound effect on them and their friendship. Then there's Jacob, whose death added nothing to the show at all and took away something very special. Of course in Atlantis, there's Carson, who died in a stupid way for no apparent reason. And then there's What Happened In Unending which was just pointless and depressing and didn't even make logical sense.

Oh yes, and I want flawed people who screw up, and I want their screw-ups to have consequences that last further than the end of the episode.

As to who gets cast, fans will never agree on that. Perhaps it's time to set history aside with a fresh cast and no visits from the old cast; someone will always object no matter who the guest is
                      As far as the rest I'm sure we will have a great story. I love the Wraith but we need a completly new enemy and characters to chew our teeth on.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1 View Post
                        Your funny.
                        My funny what? You're the one who started it. *shrug*

If SGU single team based, I'm not even gonna bother with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                          And to expand on this theory.
                          The only proof we've seen so far of the Furlings are their mention by the asgard as well as 1 moon were they had attempted to create a paradise. (and of course the meetingplace from "The Torment of Tantalus" but we never really managed to read that i think even if we learned some of it, as i remember we learned of all the involved races in "The Fifth Race")
                          Other then that there is no proof of Furlings in either Ida, Milky Way or Pegasus which leads me to believe they reside/resided in another galaxy which add more reason to why there would be more gatenetworks in other places =)
                          And it makes sence that we'd see at least some proof of their existance, the 4 other races in this alliance we got:

Ancients: We have atlantis and have met both living and ascended ancients, their technology is all over the galaxies.
                          Asgard: Been friends with them almost since the beginning.
                          The Nox: While not close we have at least met them a few times.
                          Furlings: Heard mention of them and saw 1 dead former Utopia of theirs. Must be more of them somewhere
                          Last edited by MathiasE; 25 March 2007, 08:30 PM.
                          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?

Comment

I think the new show will continue from the end of SG1, in the way we now have all that asguard technology to use and figure out. I also think they will probably be exploring the rest of the universe, something I'd definitly like.

I think they should also use inspiration from HP Lovecraft and have things like the Outer Gods and cthulhu-style aliens, they've never really had a truly alien enemy as a regular. And personally id like some ultra-terrifying slimey weird godlike aliens as the enemy. IA! IA! YOG-SOTHOTH!

Last edited by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab; 25 March 2007, 07:43 PM.
                            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Might want to put that first sentance in a spoilertag since everyone hasnt seen the last sg1 ep yet.

Comment

hmmmm...now the Furlings might indeed be a thought...Never seen them.. only alluded to them, but seeing as we have grown up some on the galactic evolutionary scale
                                Spoiler:
                                ...yanno, Aasgard's technology at our disposal
                                the Furlings might well be our new best friends...
                                Attached Files

Toodles~
                                UberGater
                                (\ /)
                                ( . .)
                                c('')('')

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them...

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X