Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made the same theory about it dialling outside our Galaxy cluster as well (see ninth chevron discussion). To me it makes the most sense really, either that or it's used to create new wormholes to new planets and galaxies without Stargates.

I don't think any characters from either show are going to be in it if they are trying to keep it separate from SG-1 and Atlantis. There may be Daniel or someone in the pilot to establish it, but then leave it to whatever this new 'team' is.
    sigpic

Comment

If it deals with the 9th Chevron I think it will be the new 'team' either expoloring other planets and galaxies outside of our galaxy cluster (extra chevron), or they will use it to open wormholes to new planets and galaxies to travel anywhere in the universe and keep expanding the 'gate network. But that's just my ideas, I guess we'll know more as more information is released.

I'm just glad the 'gate looks as though it'll be open for a while yet.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Findo View Post
        What I want is...
        If the current crop of PTB are the ones in charge of the new series then NOTHING on your wish list will ever come true. That simply isn't the way they operate.

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty_Wookie View Post
          I don't think any characters from either show are going to be in it if they are trying to keep it separate from SG-1 and Atlantis. There may be Daniel or someone in the pilot to establish it, but then leave it to whatever this new 'team' is.
          Now why am I not convinced they'll be able to keep it separate for too long?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My theory: seven chevrons take a person to a destination within the galaxy. Eight chevrons takes a person somewhere outside the galaxy. Nine chevrons can create a wormhole anywhere even a place without a stargate, we have seen some of the ships when going into hyperspace use the stargate symbols to use for a destination. It would just be a random wormhole that can appear anywhere. This could have been used by the Ancients to create stargates on the other end.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJanitor24 View Post
              My theory: seven chevrons take a person to a destination within the galaxy. Eight chevrons takes a person somewhere outside the galaxy. Nine chevrons can create a wormhole anywhere even a place without a stargate, we have seen some of the ships when going into hyperspace use the stargate symbols to use for a destination. It would just be a random wormhole that can appear anywhere. This could have been used by the Ancients to create stargates on the other end.
              Unfortunately for us, we have yet to discover the technology to make us a stargate, so if this is what the 9th chevron does, we'd get stuck real soon real fast.

Comment

They told us Atlantis was going to be separate from SG-1 and look how well that worked out.

As for gating to an address without a receiving gate, I don't see how that's possible. It'd be like making a phone call to a place without phones. Plus it'd be mighty inconvenient to get stuck in a place until you could build a new gate.

It's probably something as unimaginative as simply adding an extra amount of distance into the calculation, but since there is already a very active thread discussing the possibilities of the ninth chevron I don't see why it all needs to be rehashed here. Why not speculate about the content, instead?

Personally, I hope that it won't be based on a single team like SG-1 and Atlantis are. It makes things painfully formulaic and limits the scope of what can be done. Since the producers have already done that for ten years on SG-1 and three year on Atlantis, if they stuck with that pattern there would be little to no variation from what we've already seen. It'd just be the same old stuff regurgitated with a new cast. How about actually delivering on the promise of something new and different?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  They told us Atlantis was going to be separate from SG-1 and look how well that worked out.
                  See, not the only one who thinks TPTB won't be able to keep it separate for too long.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  How about actually delivering on the promise of something new and different?
                  I'd be surprised if they did...

Comment

^ Well, hopefully TPTB have learned from their previous mistakes.

Comment

i think that a show about another universe could be cool maybe they could go to a different one each season or 2 so that they could meet new races but they could have some of the races still have the ability to follow them...

and in another off topic question i wonder when we'll get a section in the forum for "Stargate Universe"?
                      sigpic

Comment

I definately don't think that the Ninth Chevron will be used on a regular basis. However, it will most likely be revealed as the 'hook' to get us into the new show. If its so hard to figure out, how would it make sense to use regularly. Unless the SGC somehow manages to either make ZPM's or develop some other kind of uber-power source. Also, I'm sure that the Furlings will play a part. Between the 9th chevron and the Furlings, these are the biggest mysteries of all of us fans. And the TPTB have always sort of refused to address them. Now is their chance to spring these things on us.

I wouldn't count on Universe to be an entirely 'ship-based' show. Nor would it be a ST: Voyager. Also, I wouldn't count on there being much, if any, connection to the current shows' characters.

On a separate note, It may seem sad that the status quo to one of the best franchises is changing for the worse, with SG-1s departure. However, I see it as though it's been taken off the leash with a new freedom to explore....

Comment

I think at the end of the second movie , stargate command will get word that an iminent attack on earth is on the way.

Anyway sometime on Carter probably comes up with a way to shield the entire planet (assuming the writers allow the phase shifting tech to become obsolete) the ORI ships (100 or more make sure their new ship is useless against them) arive and the shield is raised. The shield will block all stargate activity stop all communication anything leaving or entering basically.

The Alpha , Beta sites and all other teams are back on earth . They then send out a team to a random planet (can't be SG-1 so they will have to be incapable of leaving for some reason.) just before the shield goes up.

This one team is given a mission to find the old races to form an alliance or go looking for something to destroy the ORI once and for all. Or they could take a ship and go looking these things. Cut off from the Duex ex machina (asgard tech) and earth they will have to go it alone.

If they wanted to use some old SG-1'ers they could have teal`c be off world or have them find a way to communicate with earth.

Just my two cents.

Comment

I going to have to say that I'm more intrigued now that it's involving the 9th chevron but I still think the name could be changed.

Maybe Stargate Chevron 9
                            or Stargate 9th Chevron
                            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post

Not sure what that means AD...
                              These comments by Robert Cooper are pretty ..interesting:
                              ...One of the things that we love about Stargate is that is us -- it's our military, it's our scientists, it's our people -- and we're going out into the galaxy and the universe to discover all the wonders that are out there, and dealing with our own limitations versus things that are far more advanced than us.

"That's identifiable. It's what we deal with every day, in terms of medicine and science and astrophysics. We're just babies in all that. And we would always want to maintain that in anything that is Stargate-related."
                              ROTFL! Is that why we have Asgard enhanced ships? It that why
                              Spoiler:
                              the Asgaard gaveus all thier tech?
                              Last I checked our military would not put a green on the ground*pilot* in charge ground troops with 8 years experience - one of them as *lead* of the team for a year. Or allow an unrepentent con artist access to sensitive information, much less as a trusted member of a team. A 'the enemy of my enemy if my friens' allie, perhaps.

The ships/beaming tech are huge deus ex machinas. We *have* no limitations to relatively current tech!
                              Spoiler:
                              At least not any more!

Has he been making the same show I've been watching for the last two/three years?

ETA: I'd think the ninth chevron would build on the 8th. Something to do with time. But it doesn't make sense to do that every week. That huge reset switch thing...

In the end I don't know that I trust TPTB enough to invest my time in something I haven't really enjoyed much at allconsistently fir the last two years. Mostly due to their storytelling decisions. That horse has already left the barn.

suse
                              Last edited by suse; 25 March 2007, 06:40 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1 View Post
                                I going to have to say that I'm more intrigued now that it's involving the 9th chevron but I still think the name could be changed.

Maybe Stargate Chevron 9
                                or Stargate 9th Chevron
                                That would be just as vague and unhelpful as "Stargate Universe".

Or hey, how about Stargate: Deep Space Ninth Chevron?

Oh and Zed, considering that they're making the same mistakes on Atlantis that they made on SG-1 (only making them bigger and faster) I doubt they'll have learned anything by the time SGU starts filming.

Comment

Working...
                                X