Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with pjt. One thing I am worried about though is an all out forum war as fans of SG-1 (such as myself - always state your bias ) and fans of SGA lobby for their favorites to be included. What with Michael Shanks being unavailable unless disaster strikes, I feel less strongly about that than I might have. In terms of character history, you would have to shoot Daniel Jackson to keep him from joining an exploration of this magnitude!
    So there is a possibility to keep the new show grounded in the SGC(And hence, to add a bit more of the "Here and now" that SG:1 had), but also include a lot of the best parts of Atlantis(The ancient tech and settings.).
    Since it is an Ancient ship, you are sure to see alien tech and settings. No worries there. I would like to see some kind of regular contact with the SGC for the very reason you state; a grounding in the here and now. That's very important, and I'm not sure how they will achieve it. They lost that with SGA and it was much closer to Earth than the Ancient ship. I'm not sure if a waypoint station could work. This ship is very far away. Also one of the attractive things in the plot is that the distance puts the expedition at greater risk, and means that they are out there without the help of Earth and it's allies, bringing back the danger of the old days.
    Last edited by amconway; 21 August 2008, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I have read the plot before and to me its not that good. I will say if they get some Sg1 and SGA memebers on SGU it would be better but I know my fave Jason Momoa wont be one of them probably. So i highly doubt they will get many cast memebers to even think about comming back.

If they do make SGU I will watch it but probably wont watch it live.

Harper and Ronon fics
      The Runner

The Outcast and The Outsider

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
        I have to agree with pjt. One thing I am worried about though is an all out forum war as fans of SG-1 (such as myself - always state your bias ) and fans of SGA lobby for their favorites to be included. What with Michael Shanks being unavailable unless disaster strikes, I feel less strongly about that than I might have. In terms of character history, you would have to shoot Daniel Jackson to keep him from joining an exploration of this magnitude!
        Yes but Michael Shanks might not be interested in doing another stargate series. David hewlett on the otherhand would most probably be very keen on doing another series as he himself has said that he had been a science fiction fan for his entire life.

I think out of all the characters on the Stargate Universe (no pun intended) Daniel jackson and Rodney McKay would be the best ones to make the move to SGU.

Comment

I think out of all the characters on the Stargate Universe (no pun intended) Daniel jackson and Rodney McKay would be the best ones to make the move to SGU.
          I agree entirely

Comment

Don't forget Jennie.

Originally posted by 1LostFurling View Post
            I cast a strong second vote for sacking the current writers and bringing in some new creative blood. I also think they should move production out of Vancouver so we don't have alien worlds that all look like the forests around Vancouver.

There was a post last night on one of the threads complaining about SGA's cancellation that stated the current PTB would rather see the franchise sink than allow someone else to write/direct/produce any new shows. I think this is bang on. Most importantly, I think Robert Cooper needs to go simply for being the man responsible for creating Ark of Truth. There have been some far fetched plot lines in this franchise through the years but a box that makes people believe what you want them to believe is a slap in the face reasonable, rational-thinking fans. Brad Wright needs to go just because he did not step in and stop that ridiculious storyline from happening. There had to be a better way to wrap up the Ori storyline.

As for the other writers and directors, Mallozzi included, I can forgive them as I think their writing style and ideas have been crushed by the wishes of a crazy, power-hungry, megalomanical duo in Cooper and Wright.
            Hear her, I can think of two really good writers who can give a show depth off the top of my head. Wendon, and oneother one I can't remeber the name of.

But a good fresh start is necesary at this point in the franchise, ths ftranchise can't keep growing much more on the old SG-1/SGA fanbase. They need new people.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
              Yes but Michael Shanks might not be interested in doing another stargate series.
              Well, according to IMDb he's done two TV movies since Continuum, so to have a steady job (at least steady in the actor sense) wouldn't be that bad for him.

Not to mention how Daniel wanted to move to Atlantis, but he couldn't because SG-1 hasn't ended yet, so now there's a chance for him, to move to the Universe.
              Last edited by pjt; 21 August 2008, 08:45 AM. Reason: For clarity :)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                Well, according to IMDb he's done two TV movies since Continuum, so to have a steady job (at least steady in the actor sense) wouldn't be that bad for him. Not to mention how he wanted to move to Atlantis, but he couldn't because SG-1 hasn't ended yet, so now there's a chance for him, to move to the Universe.
                I hadnt heard that.

So its agreed. Daniel Jackson and Rodney McKay are the two characters already in the Stargate universe everyone wants on SGU

Comment

I hadnt heard that.

So its agreed. Daniel Jackson and Rodney McKay are the two characters already in the Stargate universe everyone wants on SGU
                  Not me, I say new cast.

Comment

Oh what about McKay and Jackson both on the show now I think that could be fun.

Harper and Ronon fics
                    The Runner

The Outcast and The Outsider

Comment

I hadnt heard that.
                      Sorry, I wasn't clear about this, I meant Jackson and not Shanks.
                      sigpic

Comment

It should be noted that John Glassner and Brad Wright created the Stargate franchise. Brad Wright isn't going anywhere. As to the other people involved? That's a toss up. The concept involved in Stargate Universe is wide open and doesn't have the inherent limitations that both SGA and the Ori plotline had (small galaxy with culture stunted by Wraith feeding, an all-powerful enemy). I thinck a lot of the problems with recent writing had to do with those limitations. Stargate Universe could be a whole new ballgame.

Well, according to IMDb he's done two TV movies since Continuum, so to have a steady job (at least steady in the actor sense) wouldn't be that bad for him.
                        Rage of Angels is very close to being a done deal. Much as I would really, really, like Daniel Jackson in the new show, I don't want to see all the work that has been put into that go for naught.

Comment

I agree that they should renew their writing staff. They definately need new blood in that regard.

Besides that, they need to bring back the exploration feel that the early seasons of SG1 had. This is what made the show so great. Also, they shouldn't dumb down the other species like they did on SG1 and Atlantis. They dumbed down the Goa'uld, then the Ancient and then the Wraith and at some point the Asgard too.

Comment

I agree with the point about exploration.

Comment

Petitions = Check

Email the MGM / Sci-Fi Network Controllers = Check

... but we need to start putting New Threads up EVERYDAY - Mods. please help us make this happen - if its on the Forum Board when people go to the main page then it'll make newbies aware, everyone aware that we want the show back.

Meanwhile, feel free to give your reactions and opinions to the following TV executives who can be held accountable for letting this happen:

David Howe
                              [email protected]

Thomas P. Vitale
                              [email protected]

Mark Stern - (New York Office)
                              [email protected]

*NO SWEARING OR THREATS TO BE SENT*

Circulate these email addresses over and over, and over again.

Peace

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Not to burst you bubble, but I don't think it'll be back. Just my opinion.

Yes I would like it to remain for it least 2 more seasons, but it won't be around in season format. SGU will suffer the same fate as well.
                                http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Working...
                                X