Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I think about this show, the happier I get. This could be a great next step for Stargate.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So they don't know the address to the new gates correct? The ship goes out and follows the same pattern that the first ship should of took. Soooo, there should be a lot of space travel, and being able to gate back to planets that they have found gates on.
      Yep, the ship will follow the path of the first ship, come under attack, etc. It is an exploration show, after all. My point was that the ship isn't more important than the Stargates, so hopefully we'll get more of a balance than we got in Atlantis, as well as a greater emphasis on characters/team.
      The more I think about this show, the happier I get. This could be a great next step for Stargate.
      Me too. The concept puts them back into the unknown, without all the allies that they have come to depend on, and puts the focus back on discovery. I'm thinking this could be really great!

Comment

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/

Heres a map of the observable universe, assuming the ori galaxy is at one side, were in the middle and the gate ship went to the opposite side.... Thats alot of universe to explore!

Let me add HOLY CRAP, i hadnt realized pegasus was that far away! Is this right, is there a handful of other dwarf galaxies between us and them O.O

Comment

Actually, a ship-based show was cliche then; these days, it's the Earth-based scifi shows that are cliche.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post

Let me add HOLY CRAP, i hadnt realized pegasus was that far away! Is this right, is there a handful of other dwarf galaxies between us and them O.O
            in cosmic sense.. Pegasus is our neighbor..

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
              in cosmic sense.. Pegasus is our neighbor..
              In a cosmic sense pegasus is the same location as we are XD

Did they say in season 9-10-aot that the ori galaxy is on the far side of the universe from us?

I like that there are superclusters with huge voids between them. So we can expect 2-3 galaxies like the milkway with a couple dozen pegasi. Thats plenty to explore at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                2. a "ship based stargate"... is an oxymoron.....
                A Stargate on a starship is not two mutually exclusive ideas. We have seen the technique used at least six times off the top of my head.
                I think you are mistaking the intent of the dude. NO-ONE has EVER stated the "Follow-up-ship" is small. NO-ONE. I think you will find that it is an Atlantis-sized cityship. That's what's going to mean they can re-use the SGA sets.
                Think big!
                Bar.
                e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                  Yes! Thank you for saying that! I was beginning to feel like a voice in the wilderness.....
                  Was that the voice crying, "prepare the way of the Gate!"? (Just kidding)

Comment

Was that the voice crying, "prepare the way of the Gate!"? (Just kidding)
                    Heh! That'd be me...

A Stargate on a starship is not two mutually exclusive ideas. We have seen the technique used at least six times off the top of my head.
                    I think you are mistaking the intent of the dude. NO-ONE has EVER stated the "Follow-up-ship" is small. NO-ONE. I think you will find that it is an Atlantis-sized cityship. That's what's going to mean they can re-use the SGA sets.
                    Think big!
                    I hope it's not as big as Atlantis. For one thing, I was never that big a fan of the Atlantis sets, and I'd like to see something new. For another thing, It would be nice it it didn't suck quite as much energy as Atlantis, although it sounds like they have a power source that is good enough to make them a target, rather then the constant ZPM hunt on Atlantis. I'm not saying it should be tiny, just not a city sized thing.

Comment

Heres a map of the observable universe, assuming the ori galaxy is at one side, were in the middle and the gate ship went to the opposite side.... Thats alot of universe to explore!

I noticed some errors on that site.

1. The nearest stars are a little over 4 light-years from us, not 12,5.

2. The Milky Way have NO satellites. They were de-classified as satellites some time ago when it was discovered that they were just passing by.

3. There are TWO, not three, large spiral galaxies in the Local Group.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                        1. The nearest stars are a little over 4 light-years from us, not 12,5.
                        thats right.. Proxima Centauri is 4,2 lightyears away

2. The Milky Way have NO satellites. They were de-classified as satellites some time ago when it was discovered that they were just passing by.
                        Uhhm.. the Milky Way as 14 satellites.. give me source to where its said they are not..
                        3. There are TWO, not three, large spiral galaxies in the Local Group.
                        Actually there is only one Spiral Galaxy in the Local Group (Triangulum)
                        The Milkyway and Andromeda are both "Barred Spiral galaxies"

Comment

to be honest i think there is no better way to use the ninth chevron becasue...
                          alantis although it is a spin off from SG-1 it was created on the 8th chevron(to travel to a different galaxy)
                          so there is no other way to use the ninth chevron apart from a different universe
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fastcars00 View Post
                            alantis although it is a spin off from SG-1 it was created on the 8th chevron(to travel to a different galaxy)
                            so there is no other way to use the ninth chevron apart from a different universe
                            and yet they figured out a way to do it without an alternate universe...
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by fastcars00 View Post
                              I agree. I don't think Chevron Nine will allow for things like Time Travel and the such. It'll lead to a new galaxy just as Chevrons 1 - 8 did but it'll have different twists and turns to that of the Pegasus and Milky Way Galaxies. Maybe a galaxy where there are laws that don't conform to the laws of the galaxies that feature in Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                I agree. I don't think Chevron Nine will allow for things like Time Travel and the such. It'll lead to a new galaxy just as Chevrons 1 - 8 did but it'll have different twists and turns to that of the Pegasus and Milky Way Galaxies. Maybe a galaxy where there are laws that don't conform to the laws of the galaxies that feature in Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis?
                                did i miss something?

don't we already know what the 9th chevron does?

or did the whole Gateship 1 and Gateship 2 idea get filed in the circular file?
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X