Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry and angry. I didn't know why Kirkeastment had to post the link to JM, if he isn't the creator of the new show.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Don't get angry at me, for not knowing who else to ask if they could at least corroborate any of the article, many members wanted to know if the article was legit, and the only way i knew to find out quickly was to ask JM.

How was i supposed to know at the time that it was leaked accidentally, why don't you reidirect your anger at someone who deserves it, like the persons responsible for not knowing it had been live on this site for over 82 days. If i hadn't posted the link here it wouldn't have stayed unnoticed as the entire article has already been quoted on several discussion boards already, and not by me, the only reason i found that link was because i was searching for a source for the information someone provided.

I apologise if anyone is angered by me posting that link at JM's blog, but all i was trying to do was find out if it was true, which many people wanted to know, and now we know the artcile is legit, why not just publish it and get it over with, seriously everyone seems to be pissed at me for revealing something that i shouldn't. Why not be pissed that you've got an 82{16 pages since article was pre-released} page topic, on guessing what the new show is about, when the owner of this here forum could've actually told us already.
      Last edited by kirkeastmetn; 21 January 2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

You could have asked Darren or David, because they wrote the unfinished article. Okay, they made a mistake, because they are humans as we are, but you discredited them with your question to JM and you risked the whole new series before the official announcement. I hope this case won't have bad consequence for the GW too, because it is still one of the best fan made website. It has exclusive news, interviews and videos, because the actors and the staff trust in David and Darren's work, so it can be called as a half-official SG site. I hope this good connection won't change.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          You could have asked Darren or David, because they wrote the unfinished article. Okay, they made a mistake, because they are humans as we are, but you discredited them with your question to JM and you risked the whole new series before the official announcement. I hope this case won't have bad consequence for the GW too, because it is still one of the best fan made website. It has exclusive news, interviews and videos, because the actors and the staff trust in David and Darren's work, so it can be called as a half-official SG site. I hope this good connection won't change.
          Ok from that statement i take it you don't know this, but when you try to corroberate someones article, you ask someone other than those who wrote it if its true or not{I figured JM would be a good someone to ask as he would most likely no if it was legit}. I discredited no one with my posting that link, as all i wanted to find out was if it was true, and considering that the article was never published properly, i couldn't take the fact that it was here as a source.{Which is what i would normally do, as 9 times ut of 10 this site if 100% correct.}

Surely you've got a double standard there, how can it be a simple mistake{that went unnoticed for almost 3 months} for Darren and David, but when i make a mistake of trying to answer an 82 page topic with an link to the story we've all wanted for 6 months or more i'm called a discreditor.

Also if there had been any chance of me risking the new series before it started, why would JM have published the link in his blog, and also why would he have answered my question.

I agree with the last part of your statement that this is a great site, and i'm quite sure that it won't be affected in any way.

Now i apologise to Darren and David, if they feel in anyway peeved about the leak, but i was just trying to show the stargate fans what they wanted to know about the new show, before the article should've been legitimately published{which i wouldn't have known about}, which would probably have been sometime after we'd found out if the show had been picked up. But at the same time, i'm not sorry for using my own human nature to try to show others what they've been dying to know about this new show.
          Last edited by kirkeastmetn; 21 January 2008, 11:13 PM.

Comment

I read here and there speculations that Stargate Universe is about a ship. I personally wouldn't like Stargate Universe if they'll be using constantly a ship. Afterall it is Stargate and not Startrek. I want them to use the gate a lot more, like in the beginning of SG1. In Stargate Atlantis, you don't get to see them a lot dialing the stargate or an activation. This is probably being done because they want to save as much shooting as possible but honestly we haven't seen many activations lately in Stargate Atlantis. How many times did we get to see an off world stargate being used? I really hope Stargate Universe will not be about a ship.
            I wish by now we would have heard more information about Stargate Universe. How long has it been? A year since we found out about the new show? We have to be patient ...
            Lord Zedd

Comment

Darren asked us to not speak about it. Sorry.

Comment

I knew saving the page to my HD was a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
                  I knew saving the page to my HD was a good idea.
                  I thought so too.. especially with the comment on top of the page it was clear it was not 'ready for public consumption'..
                  http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                  sigpic
                  My fics at my site
                  Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Guys, I appreciate the passion and the support, but let's let it rest. The article was flagged for JM in the small window before I came online and took care of it, and I don't blame anyone for failing to realize it wasn't supposed to be out yet.

This thread is now wonderfully back on the topic of Stargate Universe, please.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      Guys, I appreciate the passion and the support, but let's let it rest. The article was flagged for JM in the small window before I came online and took care of it, and I don't blame anyone for failing to realize it wasn't supposed to be out yet.

This thread is now wonderfully back on the topic of Stargate Universe, please.
                      Ok back to your usual speculation..

not sure if there's a point in speculating now though, is there?
                      I think it might involve a ship or some long-distance travel (as opposed to Stargate travel) one way or another.. perhaps a long-range transporter device created by the ancients?
                      http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                      sigpic
                      My fics at my site
                      Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Sorry guys, I've just had to delete several more posts, so this thread will have to be temporarily locked. Please come back!
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I have an idea that the "small but subtle & pernement change" in stargate: continum will be the origins on stargate universe... i don't know why i just have a feeling... Thaughts?

Comment

meh, i think the small but subte permanent change is to do with teal'c
                            either he has junior back
                            Spoiler:
                            or he's young again

Spoiler:
                            or he has a different head tattoo

or a combination of those
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              meh, i think the small but subte permanent change is to do with teal'c
                              either he has junior back
                              Spoiler:
                              or he's young again

Spoiler:
                              or he has a different head tattoo

or a combination of those
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Disclaimer:
                                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                                Quotes!
                                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X