Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if Stargate Universe takes place in the Asgard galaxy, i think i know who the villains would be. The Jotuns. in Norse mythology, Jotuns were the Giant enemy of Æsir (Norse gods). in SG:1 itself the reference one at least once; Surtr, lord of fire giants. they said that when Ragnarok (battle of end times) would come they'd fight them. Perhaps the Jotuns were a race equally has strong as the Asgard and they were enemies. Also they could have had a treaty that stopped them from fighting, but if said treaty were broken it would lead to an all out battle. Them being "giants" could refer to the size of their military, which would contrast with the Asgard's dwindling numbers from cloning. Just a cool theory of mine, it would be awesome because it would incorporate mythology into the new series just like SG:1 did.
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
      I think you misunderstood me.... It would be cool to see those 3 races again but I don't think we will. You need to remember that the majority of stargate isn't written for hardcore fans who have followed the show for 11 years (200 was a nice exception). It is written for the "casual" viewer, because they're more casual viewers than hardcore fans, it's better for business. Therefore I don't believe they're gonna pick up a story line that was started 5, 6 or even possibly 7, as only the hardcore people will understand it. Everyone else will get lost.

Also, I doubt they'll just mention what happened to them in passing, unless a situation presents itself where they can say "o and by the way... the Aschen are all dead"... but even they could find a situation like that they won't take as it would appear seemingly random to the casual viewer.

So in my opinion the fate of the Achen/Tollan + more details on the long goodbye aliens can stay with the real furlings, the retu, the gadmeer, the giant aliens, grace aliens, and tin man aliens. Pure speculation and speculation only, unless TPTB decide differently.

Off topic but there's a very good theory out there that says the tin man aliens (Altairian) were some form of the ancients. Here's what wiki says

If you wanna discuss that do a search there's probably a thread out there already and it's too off topic for this thread. I only mentioned it because it is partially relevant to my post and it's quite interesting IMO
      Yeah i started a thread about the tinman being alteran http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=45459
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        I wouldnt mind seeing a ship based show, with a stargate in the hold. They could do typical gate stories but have a mobile base of operations. Sort of like wut would be possible if atlantis was fully powered and could move freely without using up all of their power.

I think some new or interesting stories could be done!
        Doesn't the gate have to be in a certain location to dial, and the Daedalusclass ships are much too small.

Comment

well back on my old idea:
          the atlantis set is usefull for the ancients
          the asgard set was already build for the season 5 starting episode
          the tollan and the aschen can be seen several times in the asgard season
          and look at all the cool one-episode decors they have made; netu, tollana, the planet where prometheus landed.

i guess it is possible

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, and I know it'll never happen and there's plenty of completely better ideas.

But I always thought a season/series could be like Season 6 or 7 or Star Trek Deep Space Nine. No I'm not one of those people who things they should bring Trek into the Gate like those who want a team to be strandard on a ship in a distant part of the Universe like Voyager. But in DS9 they had a major war...and every episode was close together, continued to the next episode and they were based a week apart from eachother...and was a massive war with heaps of battles, story arcs, character arcs and many other interesting stories. Just an idea...thought someone might like to see a more engaged series of Stargate, where things are constantly on the move and not as many episodes where they solve a problem and wait for the next one, just constant pressure and very serious storylines.
            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

So I'm gonna take a guess on the pilot and say that 1 of 2 things will happen. Either it'll be like the pilot of atlantis and Daniel Jackson figures out what the ninth chevron means, OR some race from a different universe comes through Earth's stargate and contacts us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjadoom View Post
                So I'm gonna take a guess on the pilot and say that 1 of 2 things will happen. Either it'll be like the pilot of atlantis and Daniel Jackson figures out what the ninth chevron means, OR some race from a different universe comes through Earth's stargate and contacts us.
                i sincerely doubt the latter will happen...

but i sincerely hope that the former happens, and we see Daniel in atlantis going through the ancient database... or perhaps going through the asgard databse... which in theory could/would possess part of the ancient database since they extracted it from o'neill if i'm not mistaken...

either way, though, O'Neill and Daniel should definitely be in the pilot, even if its just cameos...

side note: idiot that i am thought Stargate Worlds was the name of the new series, not some mmorpg
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

how cool would it be if Universe has some super bad-ass aliens enslave universe and kill most of the Sg-teams including Cameron, Teal'c and maybe Vala? Say Atlantis found a way to seal the galxay and confine gate travel to within Pegasus for some reason. Daniel has massed together a rag-tag resistance to topple the evil alien empire and constantly has to travel to different planets and galaxies.
                  sigpic

Comment

...bsg?
                    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                      ...bsg?
                      no, difinetly not. those were robots. and i'm saying this resistance would be a little more than the size of an sg-team, maybe include riac
                      sigpic

Comment

Has anyone heard any more news about the third series, Stargate Universe? I have been hard pressed to find any news aside from the two articles on this site.

Comment

There has been no news, and considering there's a writers strike on, I doubt we will hear any for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            There has been no news, and considering there's a writers strike on, I doubt we will hear any for some time.
                            Well, that writers strike does not do much to SG: Atlantis, most of the writers are on the Writers Guild of Canada, however, I do believe Brad Wright is the man for the third series -- maybe I am wrong -- and he is part of that writers strike, so yea. It's possible that some work is being done, but if Brad is heading it you can forget it.

(I just wanted to clarify for anyone who is worried we will stop seeing new SGA's...because I don't think the show will be effected. Could be wrong, though.)

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
                              I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, and I know it'll never happen and there's plenty of completely better ideas.

But I always thought a season/series could be like Season 6 or 7 or Star Trek Deep Space Nine. No I'm not one of those people who things they should bring Trek into the Gate like those who want a team to be strandard on a ship in a distant part of the Universe like Voyager. But in DS9 they had a major war...and every episode was close together, continued to the next episode and they were based a week apart from eachother...and was a massive war with heaps of battles, story arcs, character arcs and many other interesting stories. Just an idea...thought someone might like to see a more engaged series of Stargate, where things are constantly on the move and not as many episodes where they solve a problem and wait for the next one, just constant pressure and very serious storylines.
                              i suggested something similar before, going for a lost/heroes/New BSG format.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
                                Has anyone heard any more news about the third series, Stargate Universe? I have been hard pressed to find any news aside from the two articles on this site.
                                all we know is that brad and Rob pitched the show to Scifi and that was the last thing we heard
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X