Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 ideas on what it could be

1. There was a malfunction in the gate and it sent an SG Team across the universie into anohter galaxy. Then since they don't have the power to power the gate to get back to the milky way they have to find a zpm or another means of powering the gate. And find a way to rig it so that it could go back to earth cause like in atlantis they need a control cystal or something to do that. Or have to built a stargate themselves i mean the ancients built gates right but theres got to be some sort of place where they made them and had to have left some tool kits around. And develop trust with the people and civiliazations around them.around them. Then there will probablly be some sort of villian race where they have to help the locals. Now being in an entirely different galaxy it will be in sense a "seperet enity" becuase they don't have any means to contact stargate command or atlantis. Or they could have been sent into another galaxy through another alien divice. Now since they said it will have stargate mythology to it. There has to be some sort of historical connection to earth. And it wouldn't be stargate wtihout advanced alien races. So there has to be some either good and bad advanced alien races. This scenario writes its self. I could go on but i'll end up writing a book.

2. focuses on a different alien race.
    Last edited by mja71889; 12 December 2007, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mja71889 View Post
      2 ideas on what it could be

1. There was a malfunction in the gate and it sent an SG Team across the universie into anohter galaxy. Then since they don't have the power to power the gate to get back to the milky way they have to find a zpm or another means of powering the gate. And find a way to rig it so that it could go back to earth cause like in atlantis they need a control cystal or something to do that. Or have to built a stargate themselves i mean the ancients built gates right but theres got to be some sort of place where they made them and had to have left some tool kits around. And develop trust with the people and civiliazations around them.around them. Then there will probablly be some sort of villian race where they have to help the locals. Now being in an entirely different galaxy it will be in sense a "seperet enity" becuase they don't have any means to contact stargate command or atlantis. Or they could have been sent into another galaxy through another alien divice. Now since they said it will have stargate mythology to it. There has to be some sort of historical connection to earth. And it wouldn't be stargate wtihout advanced alien races. So there has to be some either good and bad advanced alien races. This scenario writes its self. I could go on but i'll end up writing a book.

2. focuses on a different alien race.
      well 2 is obviously right... bc they need to introduce more alien races so they don't retread old stories

but for 1... sounds like yet another "voyager-ish" storyline where they're stranded and trying to get home...

it is my thoughts that they dial the 9th chevron intentionally after discovering in the atlantis database the function of it... but given the power requirements, they won't go through the gate without bringing a power source with them to dial home again... i think the writers, and the characters, are smart enough to think about that finally...
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
        well 2 is obviously right... bc they need to introduce more alien races so they don't retread old stories

but for 1... sounds like yet another "voyager-ish" storyline where they're stranded and trying to get home...
        I think so too, that's how it sounds to me, it's the last thing I'd want to see, another 'we're lost and trying to get home but we can't'... it's been done so many times, Space:1999, Voyager, etc.....
        http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
        sigpic
        My fics at my site
        Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

i think 2 is right.
          1 sounds like season one of atlantis.
          i think it deals with the 9th chevron.
          they really havent explained the 9th chevron at all unless yew include that part where they say there are 9 chevrons :3

Comment

never saw star trek voyager star trek kinda bored me. I tihnk the reason there are so many guesses of a stranded scenario including myself is because a stranded scenario would easily fit the quote of "sepret enity". Yet playing devils edicut Stargate Atlantis is kind of a stranded scenario because orginally they had no means of powering the gate back(being as subtle as possibe to aviod any spoilers) Yet they knew they might be stranded. So really what it comes down is not so being stranded and not being able to come home but whether they were prepared for such an event. So what i'm trying to say in five million words is i don't know i forgot. But neverthe less i'm hoping that they make the third series in a four letter word good. But i'm hopeing it isn't a stranded scenario something more creative but who knows.
            Last edited by mja71889; 15 December 2007, 01:03 PM.

Comment

They will change their mind, because they won't close the cross-over possibilities.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                They will change their mind, because they won't close the cross-over possibilities.
                I don't think they'll change their mind. They want it to be a stand alone show. But it also depends. Maybe in the second or third season of Stargate Universe they'll say : hey let us do a cross over if Stargate Atlantis is still in the air maybe. But for the first season I don't think they'll do a cross over.
                Lord Zedd

Comment

i think they'll do at least one crossover... maybe even a few, and by crossover, i mean we'll see the SGC... i'm also of the belief that Daniel and O'Neill will show up at some point, maybe even in the pilot for a brief cameo...

but the disconnection from the other two series that they speak of is that it is not a spinoff of either series, nor that they'll pop into earth every few weeks like on Atlantis...

January 4.... here we come

Comment

I don't think this is what SGU will be about, since this idea has nothing to do with the 9th chevron, but here's my Idea. A lot of people want there to be an SG series focusing on a BC-304, to which the main argument against is that this is Stargate not starship or star trek. But what if the Daedulus is sent to explore the Asgard galaxy or some other galaxy far away and they have a stargate on board.

They set up the Daedulus in orbit of a planet and use it as a base of operations to send teams through the stargate. I think this would be cool for a few reasons. Firstly it would break up the SG formula of the regulars being "the team" and their boss, ie SG-1 and Hammond/O'Niell/Landry or Sheppard's team and Weir/Carter. Which I think would be a good thing because it would keep SG from getting stale. Secondly, not only do they already have the main set built for the most part (they'd obviously have to expand the ship set for this) but they already have their lead actor, Mitch Pileggi.

Going back to what I said about breaking up the formula, instead of Caldwell being the hammond type, he would lead the off world missions since the ship is just sitting in orbit.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                      Going back to what I said about breaking up the formula, instead of Caldwell being the hammond type, he would lead the off world missions since the ship is just sitting in orbit.
                      I like your idea, Major_Griff!
                      http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                      sigpic
                      My fics at my site
                      Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

No

Comment

isnt the best bet for SGU that they go to some galaxy too far away for easy travel. something like the ori universe. try dialing this one with a zpm.......
                          and the ori used a supergate because ship travel wouldnt work well enough. so no fancy " deadalus comes in just in time due to a zpm and will save our ass". not that i dint like it. its just that we will have to spend our resources better. and i think [or better said: hope] that in SGU we will get some fancier stuff with us. couple o' 302's'. a monitoring sattelire[like the disruptor one].

3 large MK III naquadah generators, each mounted on a MALP chassis because otherwise its too heavy. each powerfull enough to power a throne chair. some x-699's in pistol/gun form. an asgard computercore replica wich is put in 6 large segments and to be put together at the other side.
                          they are in a city. on the ground, ground based, so no city ship. its in a circle form, and has a main tower, though quite a bit larger than atlantis'.
                          it has a drone superweapon[without enough drones], a shield, a zpm-room[without zpms] and 3 main power generators[ive been wondering why atlantis doesnt have them]. however earth isnt a phonecall away. thought they do have some fancy asgard technology, and the only thing they have to care about is power.the generators power the computer core, wich is integrated into the ancient city. the city has power enough to raise the shield etc. also, the city doesnt have just drones and shields: a cloak generator is found near the central shield generator. energy weapons have been placed throughout the city. along with secondary shields capable of containing diseases, explosions , etc. the team settles in. in a large room, larger than atlantis', they find a large ring, about a metre larger than a stargate, without a dialing segment. after some figuring out, they discover that it IS a stargate. but unlike conventional stargate, this one is integrated into the city. a powerfull dialing computer dials instead. it would be an insult to call the city the same as atlantis, infact its more advanced. after some digging in the mainframe, they find out why: the ancients left, and a group of advanced humans came in instead. these humans installled some fancy upgrades, and left for some unknown reason. one thing is clear: they took the ZPM's with them.
                          the city's generators are capable of powering the shield and the city. together with the MKIII they took with em, the central section of the city, some 30%, can be fully operational. 3 aurora's are found, in excelent shape.
                          4 other ships, of unspecified class, are also found, but rather damaged.
                          the team check out the region, and find 10 puddlejumpers. these too are "pimped", fitted with energy weapons. the human expedition pipms them further, fitting them with a naquahdah generator and asgard beaming technology. at the end of season 1, the computer core is completely integrated into the city mainframe. as of season 2, because of the computercore, they find something extremely fancy: a shipyard. its being repaired. with not just asgard vessels, but also all human technology in the core, along with ancient technology, they can make fancy ships. though they first make deadalus class vessels. yet making them costs awefully much power.

they meet mainly human races, many of them advanced to earth level[pre-stargate] they also meet races who are post stargate and a human/asgard [like the asgard's ancestors] race at "asgard" level. the ancients in this galaxy however, never went back. they got beated, and withdrew themselves.

they also discover gadmeer-like creatures. these, however, are the ones that attacked the ancients, because they saw em as intrudes.

human races: allies/enemy's/neutrals
                          asgard/human race: allies
                          ancients: allies/enemys/neutrals *
                          gadmeer-like race: enemys.

* with enemys i mean the nox kind of enemys: you are too young. some ancients they meet will help them, others will hide and observe or do nothing to help, and the enemys either act hostile and dont wanna help or just use superior technology to survive.

with building own ships: the ship database is erased exept for one ship: puddle jumpers. also, unless they get some zpm's, they cant make asgard ships because it takes too much time and power. instead they use blueprints for deadalus class cruisers. better said: odyssey-class cruisers.
                          the shipyard has a ship designing room.

Comment

No

Well, there ya go, he just decided. Lol.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Thekillman:

1. reword your first sentence, it makes little sense.

2. your idea sounds just like Atlantis, at least the design of the city... just upgraded...

and you mean to tell me that there's a race that UPGRADES Ancient tech? so what, the ancients are not the powerful beings we once thought they once were?

so pretty much you're going to take away a great deal of the mystique about the ancients, diminishing SG-1 and making SGA look like a Kindergarten?

3. the asgard are dead, they won't be around anymore

4. so you're going to ally us with the ancients against a new enemy? didn't you watch the Ori arc? the ancients are not really true allies anymore... as of Unending, they refused to do anything about the Ori... they left us stranded with little hope aside from carter... i doubt that O'Neill and Daniel would allow earth to ally with the ancients at this point...

5. your idea again just sounds like Stargate Atlantis on some crappy steroids...

let's find an ancient city... but bigger
                              with ships... but bigger
                              with a stargate... but bigger
                              with puddle jumpers... but more powerful
                              with no significant power sources... (snooze)

with 3 auroras and 4 additional ships plus a shipyard, you pretty much make the stargate a moot point and turn the show into one that has nothing to do with the stargate bc what's the point of using a stargate and a PJ if you have 3 mega-star-ships?

also, after rereading... the Asgard's Ancestors? reaching much? not to mention that it makes no sense, unless you're considering the Asgard Ancestors Earth's equivalent of the ancients... in that case... we're just getting ridiculous...

Comment

Thekillman:

1. reword your first sentence, it makes little sense.

5. your idea again just sounds like Stargate Atlantis on some crappy steroids...

Wow Pisano, did they offend you that much?

Relax. It's not hard to be polite.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Working...
                                X