Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one gripe after finally watching the movie. Why didn't Adria destroy the Ark. In any season ten episode when the Ori was threatened, and the threat was nothing they could turn to their advantage it was destroyed, immediately, by Adria. The Ark is not something she would have allowed to exist simply for the satisfaction garnered by gloating.
    Another possibility is that she planned in reprogramming it as a conversion weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
      Another possibility is that she planned in reprogramming it as a conversion weapon.
      I believe she mentioned something to Vala about that. Something about her not being able to re-program it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I believe she mentioned something to Vala about that. Something about her not being able to re-program it.
        That's interesting. I guess that explains why she kept it , then...

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
          I think the whole thing was a tad dissapointing. If you are goign to kill the replicator, and you KNOW that zats don't work, and judging on how unreliable ARGs had been in the past, would u not have had some P90s standign by, JUST in case? Or is that too common sense-icle?
          No guards?
          When they drop off SG-1 on the planet to search a HUGE area for this ruin and the Ark, would you not have sent a few teams of Marines too? Enemy territoy, secure a perimeter, kill a few more Ori? Maybe? Too easy?
          And the ending. What a let down.
          My heart leapt when 2 very hot godesses (literally and metaphorically) went to have a Jackson-anubis style shodown. Then they turn into balls of light, bump into each other a few times annnnddd.....done. over. finished.

AAAArgh!!!!!!!!
          I reckon they should have had a sword fight! An epic, epic sword fight, slashing each others clothes off and ........................
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
            I reckon they should have had a sword fight! An epic, epic sword fight, slashing each others clothes off and ........................
            Hahaha. I concur. I would give u green but I have to spread round........

So,

Meridith Medal for Awesome-ness! awarded!!!
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              she said she can't use it. Which makes no sense. How can that device know what the truth is and whant isn't?
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post

I gave you green for an awesome idea
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

This movie felt rushed, like they wanted to cram a whole season into a little movie. Also don't like the replicators and I think using them proved detrimental to the movie. I wish they would include more space battles and the Ori attacking Earth like Anubis did in Lost City

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                    This movie felt rushed, like they wanted to cram a whole season into a little movie. Also don't like the replicators and I think using them proved detrimental to the movie. I wish they would include more space battles and the Ori attacking Earth like Anubis did in Lost City
                    The Replicators were cool, but they should have saved them for something other than an ori-centric movie
                    Or they shouldn't have used them at all...

by commander of the uss capricorn

Comment

i watched The Ark Of Truth last night, i think it was for the third or fourth time...
                      anyway, i think it's a great movie and i'm so glad they made it!

Comment

When Mitchell first sees the IOA guy-replicator hybrid, a few shots to the head might have proved more effective... and saved him from a pretty good beating.

Comment

Originally posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
                          When Mitchell first sees the IOA guy-replicator hybrid, a few shots to the head might have proved more effective... and saved him from a pretty good beating.

You know that's something that ticks me off about a lot of movies... The bad guy is advancing on someone with guns and they're shooting everywhere else but the head......

A headshot is always the best.

Comment

I had some time to kill today and watched this again. I forgot about the scene where the Doci walks into Daniel's cell.

Daniel: Oh God.
                            Doci: Your God cannot save you now Daniel Jackson.
                            Daniel: Actually, that was just a statement of general dissatisfaction.

I love that part.

Perfecto!

Comment

Me too, gave me a laugh. All in all I really did like this movie, except for the replicators. Quit flogging a dead horse... Two incarnations is enough. Three is more than enough.

The fight between Adria and Morgan Le Fay was awesome, even if it reminded me a bit too much of the fight between the Prophets and the Pah-wraith in DS9, possibly intentionally...
                              sigpic

Comment

the IOA should have been disbanded after the events in Ark......

Comment

Working...
                                X