Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i felt that they were both fine creations despite the underlining connection
    sigpic
    100 million light years away from earth:
    Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Now I'm wondering if this is just to milk the fans who will glady pay for anything SG related ...
      Spot on ...

Comment

So why did we all fall for it LOL?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I didn't

Comment

Yeah . Consumers are easily manipulated.

Comment

I don't think the writers repeated "The Reckoning" intentionally. I think they are just stuck. When writing for a franchise for 8+ years, you get stuck doing things a certain way. Since they were running out of ideas, they just started to use old scripts.

As a result of running steal, the writers resorted to killing off the Azgard, Tok'ra, and the System Lords. They put themselves into a box, which now they have to resort to time travel and the manipulation of the time line. If you have been following the series since day one, all the species you have admired over the years are dead or gone. There are really no more reasons to watch Stargate SG-1.

Remember Star Trek's overexposure of the Borg? Replicators anyone?

“The Ark of Truth” is just an example of how the Stargate franchise has become stuck. If I remember correctly, there is a writer’s interview that explained what happened. According to the article in question, the writers were able to finish the Ori story within a small amount of time. Since the Ori conclusion didn’t fill the length of a movie, they had to find a way to make the story longer. Replicators were used as a last resort, so that the movie would meet the desired time and length. Since they ran out of ideas on how to do this, they ended up borrowing from an older script (The Reckoning). There is a more current interview, which one of the writers tries to rationalize what had happened.

We know they wanted to give us a movie, but I personally don't think they knew how.

I will try to find the articles for everyone. I think they are here at Gateworld.net.

Comment

SG1: AoT & Continuum: On Comcast Video On Demand:

If you're a Comcast cable customer, check your Video On Demand
                listings...both Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum are
                airing through October 2 '08.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I haven't been in here in loong time, but I just watched Ark of Truth a few days ago and I was seriously disappointed. After all the hype I was a expecting something a bit more grand and dynamic. Overall the movie felt seriously underwhelming... As an avid SG fan I've never seen an episode that failed to interest me, Ark of Truth was a snore-fest however with a thin plot to cap off the tenth season story arc and some special effects that were worse than the actuall TV show. Opening battle scene anyone? Not to mention some shakey and poor camera work. The only thing I found cool was the Odyssey going through the Ori gate.

The TV show is so awesome I failed to see how they could have messed this up but they did.
                  sigpic

Comment

Many months after its release, I finally saw the movie and I enjoyed the movie.

The Good:
                    >The supergate sequence. Very reminiscent of Daniel's first trip through the stargate in the movie. I was hoping for a new wormhole effect for the supergate.
                    >The concept of the Ark. Make people believe what you want, or what is 'true'.
                    >The same guy who built the stargates built the Ark! Love it!
                    >Using Asgard technology to recreate their worst enemy. Brilliant.
                    >The Alteran ship leaving Celestis. Just like Atlantis leaving Earth.
                    >Morgan's energy form. Looks just like a drone!
                    >Adria! Smokin'! Literally!
                    >Teal'C! He was missing his staff the whole movie and he got one! Seeing the superhuman effort he made reminded me why I like that guy.
                    >Teal'c conversating with Vala's ex. Wow. Powerful. Truly powerful.
                    >The evil IOA guy becoming, literally, a human-form Replicator! I thought it was too easy for them to dissolve him, too fitting. Oh no, they wanted him for a purpose!
                    >Poor Mitchell. Poor Crichton.
                    >Bless the Asgard shields!!!
                    >You will believe a Doci can cry. In Alteran Latin.

The Bad:
                    >Stupid stupid stupid Ancients!!! Their stupid moral high ground [in this case literally] always collapses around them. They wouldn't stop the Ori at the very beginning because it was 'morally wrong', as opposed to what the Ori themselves were doing. Their arrogance and inherent sense of moral superiority are quite sickening. Someone needs to wipe them out.
                    >The Adria/Morgan fight. It's been done. Two energy beings fight yada yada yada. Kosh vs Ulkesh in B5, Prophets vs Pagh Wraiths in DS9, Oma vs Anubis in SG-1... It was far too brief and far too unspectacular. I would have loved if Adria lost her followers and power and was forced to descend, then had the Ark used on HER.
                    >Really? What WAS Sam's role in this movie? Cookies and kisses and 'having his back'?
                    >There wasn't enough space action, and the Ori ships didn't have the exhaust effect behind the engines.
                    >The Ori are now friends. A race with psi-powers and Ancient-level technology and ships that outnumber ours. Of course they're in another galaxy that's ridiculously far away, but they can fire up that supergate any time they want. Obviously, we'll never see them again. Just like we'll never see the powerful Nox again.

The Verdict:
                    >I enjoyed the movie. I want more action in Continuum, and more of a role for Sam.
                    Last edited by nx01a; 03 October 2008, 03:19 PM.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

is the notebook Daniel found in Avalon pt. 2 the same notebook seen in AoT? also will they (Tau'ri) ever build their own supergate using info gathered from season 9 ep Camelot? that'll be cool. especially if they build one in the MW and another in the PG. that way they can travel back and forth in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        >Really? What WAS Sam's role in this movie? Cookies and kisses and 'having his back'?
                        According to Robert Cooper he put ScottySam in the engine room because Amanda was busy with Atlantis and it was easier to shoot her alone. That doesn't quite explain why he did it so often during S9/S10 or how Brad Wright managed to get around that fact when he had exactly the same circumstance.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i have been on a kick lately watching 7-10 of sg1 and the movies

just watched ark... i have to say that the whole replicator thing did a lot to ruin this movie. it occupied so much time it made everything else feel very rushed. i can understand why they did that to give a reason why they couldnt just beam the team around and provide a lot of support and to provide reasoning for the team to be captured and etc...

but they could have spent a lot more time doing other parts of the story and it would have been a lot better.

the movie is good, but for as much as they put in it, it should have been like 2.5 hrs and gone slower.

definately worth a good watch, but it could have been better. i would give it an 8/10

Comment

It was really cool to see Teal`c with a staff weapon i loved it!!!

And the film itselfs 9/10!!!!

A great end for the Ori.
                            Last edited by Jaffa-master; 02 November 2008, 10:51 AM.
                            “We could be a team. You could be my sidekick.”
                            “Sidekick?”
                            “Yeah, it’d be like Batman and Ronon. Has a nice ring to it.”
                            “Yeah, you keep eating like that it’s going to be more like fatman.”

Comment

I enjoyed The Ark of Truth a lot, more than I thought I would. Then again, I really liked Season 10...more than some of the earlier seasons.

Comment

Great movie, although it seemed short.. I like how they fought Replicaters, and the Ori in the same movie shouldn't that guy know that even if they program the shutoff code in the replicaters mainframe, they would of figured out how to overide it eventually, and there ya go you just made Ori Replicaters now..

Comment

Working...
                                X