AOT #1 at Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
    Amazon is just one retailer. Online sales, while growing, are still trumped by B&M. Amazon is not an proper index to gauge success and therefore the future of more movies.
    pardon my ignorance, but what is B&M?

Comment

Amazon is just one retailer. Online sales, while growing, are still trumped by B&M. Amazon is not an proper index to gauge success and therefore the future of more movies.
      Well, the official MGM Stargate website directs you to Amazon.com, so I'd say Amazon is really important for MGM.

Comment

I've already pre-ordered my copy. This is really awesome. As previous have said this means the chances of a third movie are better.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          It's still a good indicator, and definitely the best we've got.
          It's not even a good indicator. Anyone who follows video game sales can attest to this. Every month NPD releases video game sales in the US and every month someone will inevitably ask, "Why are sales for X so low? It was selling so well on Amazon." It's because online sales, particularly Amazon, make up for a fraction of the overall sales. And it's definitely not the best available. The best would be any resource that uses Nielsen VideoScan like Billboard. These are more indicative of sales than Amazon's numbers ever will be.

Originally posted by ancientalliance View Post
          pardon my ignorance, but what is B&M?
          B&M = Brick and Mortar, meaning a company that uses a physical store for business.

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
          Well, the official MGM Stargate website directs you to Amazon.com, so I'd say Amazon is really important for MGM.
          I think it's less about importance and more about familiarity and generating additional revenue. Amazon has brand recognition. It would make more sense using Amazon than DeepDiscount. More importantly, I think MGM is making money when their website directs traffic to Amazon. I know Darren has said in the past that GW will receive a commission if people buy stuff on Amazon via GW's links. Each of these will direct you to AoT, but the URLs are noticeably different. The first one is taken directly from Amazon and the second is from MGM.

http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Ark-T...Q782DNCA5HFCHZ

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tag=lrn2007-20

Comment

Well, I think that anything that shows that AOT is even higher up than the big hollywood blockbusters is a good thing... personally I'll be at Best Buy Tuesday morning to pick up my copy 'cause I don't want to wait for them to mail it to me...

Comment

Accurate guide or not, I have read many interviews online and industry magazines that reference Amazon's and Barnes and Noble's pre-order sales as evidence for how well books and DVDs are or are not doing.

Comment

Dont want to make a thread for this but on the 11th will AoT be at retailers like best buy, circuit city and Kmart? And if so how much would it be?
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                  Dont want to make a thread for this but on the 11th will AoT be at retailers like best buy, circuit city and Kmart? And if so how much would it be?
                  I would imagine that it'll be around the same price as Amazon.... the week of it's release Best Buy tends to put new titles on sale.

Comment

Update: AOT is still holding strong in third at approx. 1:10p est time

Comment

Update: AOT is still holding strong in third at approx. 1:10p est time

Third? . Oh well, there goes the neighbourhood

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        Third? . Oh well, there goes the neighbourhood
                        Yeah, it was trumped by the new Bourne Trilogy.... my thought is, who wants Bourne when you can have another 'gate?

Comment

Yeah, it was trumped by the new Bourne Trilogy.... my thought is, who wants Bourne when you can have another 'gate?

Obviously more people than we think

Comment

beaten by movie with dogs LOL BSG season 3 is holding well in 4th
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              beaten by movie with dogs LOL BSG season 3 is holding well in 4th
                              That's fine with me as long as BSG doen't overtake AOT...

Comment

That's fine with me as long as BSG doen't overtake AOT...
                                it did at one point
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X