Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illogical Final Battle in "Ark of Truth"? (spoilers for AoT, obviously)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
    The Milky Way Ancients don't have people worshipping them. Perhaps the Pegasus Ancients do. I have no evidence to support this, but many worlds do hold the "ancestors" in high regard. Even if they don't use the power, perhaps they still receive it. And we don't what relationship those ascended beings have. Just a thought.
    They do not worship them, that's the key difference. Also, I believe the energy has to be forcefully sapped, not that it automatically goes to them. But this is all speculation. We could speculate that in the final cut, Morgan is going to ride in on a pink unicorn and let it fight Adria.

Also, IIRC, Morgan is a Milky Way Ancient. She just traveled to Pegasus to distract SG-1.

Comment

All I know is if Continuum is as horrid as AoT, bye bye SG-1 Movies.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
        All I know is if Continuum is as horrid as AoT, bye bye SG-1 Movies.
        Again, NO PROOF to your statement.

Comment

Ancients may have sensed the Ori are weak and decided to end their war ,with ancended ancient investing all their energy in Le Fay to fight Adria. Good film? I haven't seen it. Just a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            They do not worship them, that's the key difference. Also, I believe the energy has to be forcefully sapped, not that it automatically goes to them. But this is all speculation. We could speculate that in the final cut, Morgan is going to ride in on a pink unicorn and let it fight Adria.

Also, IIRC, Morgan is a Milky Way Ancient. She just traveled to Pegasus to distract SG-1.
            Ok FA2, since you seem to be the person with all the answers, I've got a few questions:

1. How does the "power" get transferred from Ori worshipers to the Ori? Does it only happen during prostration, and if not, then why do they make them do that?

2. What specifically are the roles of the Doci and Priors? If their only roles are as "prophets", then what's the point of the Doci?

3. What specific functions do the Prior staffs have?

4. Is there a geographical significance for ascended beings? Why did Merlin's weapon only wipe out the Ori in their galaxy, and why did they have to show the Ark to a prior in our galaxy as well?
            The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Originally posted by BloomGate View Post
              Ok FA2, since you seem to be the person with all the answers, I've got a few questions:
              I'll give it a try.

1. How does the "power" get transferred from Ori worshipers to the Ori? Does it only happen during prostration, and if not, then why do they make them do that?
              In some metaphysical, supernatural way. In other words, they never explained it in the show.

2. What specifically are the roles of the Doci and Priors? If their only roles are as "prophets", then what's the point of the Doci?
              The Ori speak directly to the Doci, who is the leader of their religion. The Doci spreads the will of the Ori using the lesser priests who are the Priors.

It's their link to whatever power the Ori give them. Without their staffs they're just advanced humans with telekinetic abilities.

4. Is there a geographical significance for ascended beings? Why did Merlin's weapon only wipe out the Ori in their galaxy, and why did they have to show the Ark to a prior in our galaxy as well?
              The Ori existed as a wall of fire in Celestis, so they were geographically located in normal spacetime, not some "higher plane of existence" (whatever that means). Sending the weapon to their galaxy in normal space disrupted them, effectively taking them out of the equation.
              As for the Ark, it seems that the Ori, once in the Milky Way, were cut off from their home galaxy and the Doci, due to the ancients "shielding" the Ori from this galaxy. In order for the "Truth" to get around here, they had to bring the Ark to Earth and show a Prior in this galaxy.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

It is possible that once the Ori came to our galaxy they were cut off however I find this highly unlikely.

Ancients possessed technology capable of linking all the way to the Ori galaxy and back. How Daniel and Vala first arrived at the Ori galaxy.

I believe that once a single Ori Prior saw the Ark that all Priors in both galaxies stopped believing in the Ori.

Now the reasonn they had to use the Ark in our galaxy I believe was because the Prior in our galaxy
                A: Didn't have his staff with him so no link
                B: Had no way of being linked with his staff due to our anti prior device keeping him powerless.

At least it would make sense why they had to show him the ark.

Not to forget that through the staff one of the priors was able to take his consciousness and Gareks to the city of Celestis again he uses his staff to achieve this.

Comment

It's never been explained. As far as I know, no writer has even answered that question in interviews. I could claim they do it through invisible pink unicorns and it's e as credible as any other theory as there's nothing to substantiate any theory regarding this matter.

The Doci is the direct link to the Ori/Adria. The Doci is then in turn directly linked to the Priors (through their staffs). That is all that we know.

As revealed by Morgan le Fay, they're "sub-space communicator"-like devices that link the Prior to the Doci. Also, they're intricate pieces of highly advanced technology that enable the Priors to do a lot of the stuff they do.

Yes, there is. Remember how in "Sanctuary", Chaya didn't just disappear but had to go through the gate (in a Jumper no less) in order to reach her homeworld? Even Ascended beings are limited somewhat by geographical distance. Or when Orlin stated "The minute [that Prior] stepped into [the Milky Way], his life was like an open book to [Orlin]", though this could be explained by Orlin being too lazy to keep track of the Priors until they stepped through to our galaxy.

The Ark had to be used in the Milky Way as well because (I'm speculating) the Priors staffs have a limited range.
                  Last edited by FallenAngelII; 21 January 2008, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alterran1. View Post
                    Ancients possessed technology capable of linking all the way to the Ori galaxy and back. How Daniel and Vala first arrived at the Ori galaxy.
                    So? Said device most probably took a lot of power to operate. Anything is possible with a ZPM-like power source.

Originally posted by Alterran1. View Post
                    I believe that once a single Ori Prior saw the Ark that all Priors in both galaxies stopped believing in the Ori.

Now the reasonn they had to use the Ark in our galaxy I believe was because the Prior in our galaxy
                    A: Didn't have his staff with him so no link
                    B: Had no way of being linked with his staff due to our anti prior device keeping him powerless.

At least it would make sense why they had to show him the ark.
                    This theory falls because of the fact that they gave him back his staff before showing him the Ark. Why risk him going berserk and killing them all if he was the last Prior not yet "turned"? Why give him back his staff? To establish a connection with the rest of the Priors in the Milky Way. However, this is merely speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      So, aside from being hilaaaarious because of the rampant lack of finished CGI, wasn't the Final Battle between Adria and Morgan le Fay kinda illogical and plot-holy?

OK, so the CGI isn't done yet but it kinda looks like the two women actually killed each other. We know this can't happen as established by the eternal struggle between Anubis and Oma. Or is that a "special" case because... um... Anubis is only half-Ascended, so he cannot be killed as opposed to a fully Ascended?!

No, precedent states that two Ascended beings fighting will be locked in an eternal battle.

Let's move onto the next plothole (the size of Alaska):
                      What's up with Morgan le Fay being able to even match Adria in power?!

OK, so the Ark of Truth just stole away most of her powers by turning the Priors in the Ori galaxy, the Doci and possibly the people within hearing range of the Priors against her. Um... OK. So she lost a little bit of power.

But that still leaves the many worlds not currently with a Prior to shout "Stop worshipping them now!", not to mention the many planets converted in the Milky Way! Adria should still have plenty of power or at least enough to overpower Morgan, but Morgan went all "I am [a match for you] now!" and dived straight in... and matched her in power!

So... um... what? Does Morgan have some kind of secret cult of worshippers encompassing a few million because, really, that's how many worshippers Adria should still have left.
                      Enjoy the rain of ghey excuses by fanboys who gulp that script like it was a golden shower.
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

If you are arguing of Morgan and Adria, Then why was Oma able to match anubis in eternal combat when he previously had the giant army of Jaffa and Kull warriors? It was because he had lost MOST of his power and Oma could match him. It is the same with Adria and Morgan.
                        http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
                          If you are arguing of Morgan and Adria, Then why was Oma able to match anubis in eternal combat when he previously had the giant army of Jaffa and Kull warriors? It was because he had lost MOST of his power and Oma could match him. It is the same with Adria and Morgan.
                          The point was that the worshippers were giving the ascended beings power on the higher plane.

Nothing like that was mentioned in the case of Anubis.
                          sigpic
                          Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
                            The Others aren't idiots. They wouldn't give Anubis the means to kill other Ascended beings by allowing him to become a Milky Way Ori (they probably have, you know, rules against that).

Comment

The followers in the Milky Way weren't transferring power to the Ori, as a division exists between the galaxies. The whole point of converting the Milky Way was so that the Ori could travel to the Milky Way and have access to that power in order to defeat the Ancients.

It was made clear that a division exists between the galaxy twice; firstly, when Orlin said that "as soon as you stepped foot in this galaxy your life was an open book to me", to the Prior, and secondly when it was shown that the Priors in the Milky Way weren't converted by the Ark, despite all of the crystals being linked (again, within the same galaxy only).

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                                The followers in the Milky Way weren't transferring power to the Ori, as a division exists between the galaxies. The whole point of converting the Milky Way was so that the Ori could travel to the Milky Way and have access to that power in order to defeat the Ancients.
                                Even if this were true, not all followers automatically stopped worshipping the Ori the minute the Ark went off. Because the followers themselves were not connected to the Doci. People argue that the the Ori zap power through the Priors, though, but that's speculation.

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
                                It was made clear that a division exists between the galaxy twice; firstly, when Orlin said that "as soon as you stepped foot in this galaxy your life was an open book to me", to the Prior, and secondly when it was shown that the Priors in the Milky Way weren't converted by the Ark, despite all of the crystals being linked (again, within the same galaxy only).
                                If there's a division, why did the Ancients have to shield the Milky Way from the Ori? Did the Ori randomly wander around into the Milky Way occasionally whereupon the Ancients would create the illusion that the Milky Way was a dead galaxy? Orlin could've meant that when the Prior stepped into the Milky Way, he alerted Orlin to his presence, so he read his life's story. After all, Ascended beings have better things to do than to read the life's stories of beings not even in their galaxies of domain.

The crystals are mortal plane technology. Of course their range is limited. This is in no way a relection on the powers of Ascended beings.

Comment

Working...
                                X