No announcement yet.

Best Quotes in 'Continuum'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just recently watched this. A lot of good lines. But I really like Sam's "What further instructions can there be other than kiss your a** goodbye?"

Comment

I always like our Jack's "never in the history of boredom has anyone been more bored than I am right now." Carter's "What further instructions can there be other than kiss your a** goodbye?", Daniel's "Who would make this s**t up,

alt O'Neill's "I don't have to understand anything! More importantly, I don't want to. As far as I'm concerned, you people are nothing but a pile of paperwork waiting to happen." line as well as him calling SG-1 "freaks. Rick did an amazing job playing Alt-Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
        Gen. Landry shouting, "But you don't have the RIGHT!"

Ouch
        It is true though.. What gives "US" the right to mess with another reality?
        And since using the time travel machine would have effectively erased that time line, what DID give us the right to do what we were trying to..?

Hayes: So what's coming next?
        Daniel: Death. Slavery. More slavery, more death.
        Hayes: Look, if you wanna say I told you so, go ahead and get it off your chest. But then you can do one of two things, you can help, or you can leave.
        Daniel: Ok bye.
        Cam: Jackson.
        Daniel: Right, I forgot to say I told you so!
        I loved the conviction he said that with..

Uh, Daniel's Russian is probably like my English. You can understand him best if he keeps his pretty mouth shut
        That makes me wonder What languages our SG actors ARE fluent in??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          It is true though.. What gives "US" the right to mess with another reality?
          And since using the time travel machine would have effectively erased that time line, what DID give us the right to do what we were trying to..?

I loved the conviction he said that with..

That makes me wonder What languages our SG actors ARE fluent in??
          The right to save humanity, because AU EArth from Continuum was in no way prepared to face Baa'l forces which were coming in a matter of months; in OTL Earth had 10+ years experience of facing a less powerful Baa''l and still got defeated

Comment

(forgive me im a bit rusty i just went trekkie)
            Daniel: urm.. slavery, death... more slavery more death
            hayes: you can either stay or leave
            Daniel: Ok, bye
            Cam:Jackson!
            Daniel:*turns around* oh right i forgot to say I TOLD YOU SO!
            sigpic
            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              Russian
              Hi, my native language is Russian... I went over what Daniel Jackson was saying again and again yet I could only understand "We are Americans..." part, I can't make anything out of the rest... lol I will keep trying... He was actually pretty good in 'Full Alert' speaking Russian with Daria Voronkova

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                The right to save humanity, because AU EArth from Continuum was in no way prepared to face Baa'l forces which were coming in a matter of months; in OTL Earth had 10+ years experience of facing a less powerful Baa''l and still got defeated
                And if ba'al was NOT enroute.??

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                  (forgive me im a bit rusty i just went trekkie)
                  Daniel: urm.. slavery, death... more slavery more death
                  hayes: you can either stay or leave
                  Daniel: Ok, bye
                  Cam:Jackson!
                  Daniel:*turns around* oh right i forgot to say I TOLD YOU SO!
                  Daniel is awesome. The only person funnier than Daniel is Jack. Both make me laugh.
                  sigpic

Comment

What of the times daniel and Mccay have been together?>

Comment

Jack O'Neill: "Never, in the history of boredom, has anyone been as bored as I am right now."
                      sigpic

Comment

Vala: "You know, I think I might stay awhile and help him through this."
                        Daniel: "Yeah, I thought you might. Have fun."
                        Vala: "Thanks."
                        Daniel: "He's in for an interesting afternoon."
                        Teal'c: "Indeed."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                          The young Russian solder says "Stinky foreigner".
                          I can't make out what Daniel answers, sorry.
                          I know I'm years late to this conversation, but I just recently watched Continuum and tried to use my limited Russian knowledge to figure out what Daniel and soldier said. Here is my best guess.

Soldier: Stinking foreigner [??????? ??????????]
                          Daniel: You are an idiot with no balls. [????? ?? ??? ??]

How did I come up with this?

Well, the soldier does clearly say, "Stinking foreigners," but Daniel's line is much more difficult to decipher. I know for a fact Daniel starts with the word "Idiot". [?????] But then it he seems to say one word that isn't a Russian word "saballnay"... So, I thought, perhaps it was not one word but multiple words slurred together. In that case, it could be "sa-ball-nay". "Sa" [??] is Russian for "with" ... and "nay" [??] is Russian for "not". The problem is the word "ball" [???]. In Russian, ??? is more commonly used in the sense of a dance, (like Cinderella went to the ball). It could also be a cognate, and understood as a sphere (though, obviously Russians have their own words for a sphere ball as well). I'm not fluent enough in Russian to know if the cognate "???" can also be a euphemism for male anatomy. If it is, then Daniel's line would be "[You are an] idiot with no balls." which is plenty insulting, and is the only way I can meaningfully translate those Russian syllables. Yet, this translation is based on the my unproven assumption that the cognate carries the same euphemism as in English, so please take this all with a grain of salt.

Comment

So, I tried to type in Cyrillic for the Russian words in the last post, but they were replaced by question marks and now my post might not make any sense. Sorry!

Comment

This post hasn't been updated in a year, but it keeps coming up when I google what the Russian stuff is in Continuum, and now I finally got my Russian friend to listen to it for me, so I just wanted to correct the stuff.

The soldier does indeed go "stinky foreigners".

Daniel says "idioty bolniye", meaning "deficient/sick idiots", sick more in the mentally ill sense.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                another good one!

Hammond was great! I wonder how hard it was for dsd to not recognize them.
                                dsd?

Comment

Working...
                                X