Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally loved this one! It really did feel like old school SG-1. The effects were awesome, but they paled in comparison to the way everyone of the stars delivered their preformances. Wow, Jack in Baal's face after people started disappearing, Sam's face when Jack died (not too mention the look of bewilderment on her face on the ship as it began to sink in that he was really dead--Go Amanda) , Daniel's reaction after he sent Sam and Cam for help! Not too mention Jack, Landry, Hammond, and Hayes in ALT time line...even if there had been no action this one would have been worth seeing! And, as spoilered as I was, I somehow didn't know that Quetesh would be the final bad guy. Major props to CB for making me forget Vala...nothing but evil Quetesh showed on the screen.

Excellent movie! I've seen it twice since noon.

Edit: Oh, and how could I forget the way Landry yelled, "What gives you the right!" I actually almost agreed with him for a split second.
    Last edited by Gate gal; 29 July 2008, 03:59 PM. Reason: fogot something

Comment

It turns out Landry was an idiot in the end. It would have been interesting if Earth would have put a decent fight at least; they've had a whole year to prepare - I still can't believe Sam, Daniel and Cam took that all in stride in hope that this time the Goaul'd won't attack
      All in all a pathetic conclusion to the Goaul'd arc and Baa'l arc at least in comparison with Reckoning/Threads!
      Last edited by silly sally; 29 July 2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
        It turns out Landry was an idiot in the end. It would have been interested if Earth would have put a decent fight at least; they've had a whole year to prepare -
        why?

I still can't believe Sam, Daniel and Cam took that all in stride in hope that this time the Goaul'd won't attack
        All in all a pathetic conclusion to the Goaul'd arc and Baa'l arc at least in comparison with Reckoning/Threads!
        they knew Ba'al would come but the AT gov didn't want their help
        Hayes: Look if you wanna say I told you so go ahead and get it off your chest
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Woo-hoo!

UPS came by first thing this morning with my copy of Stargate: Continuum. I've watched the movie, listened to the commentary (thank you Brad and Martin), and watched all the featurettes.

I really enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed The Ark of Truth as well, but each movie is completely different in tone.

Continuum is a space adventure -- and Claudia Black and Cliff Simon are fantastic as Qetesh and Ba'al. Both actors provide some terrific perfomances in Continuum, but Qetesh -- wow. Claudia knocked my socks off.

Our SG1 actors are remarkable. That Michael, Amanda, Chris and RDA can continue to show new glimpses of their characters after 12 years is astounding. Ben Browder has truly made me believe in Cameron Mitchell -- he's no longer John Crichton on loan from Farscape.

I like how the alternate Jack O'Neill was written by Brad and portrayed by RDA. I saw a completely different Jack O'Neill from the one we've seen in SG1 and even the Stargate movie. This is a Jack O'Neill who still has his family and won't brook with anyone inferring something could happen to his family. He also appears to be more adept at working with technology than our Jack O'Neill!

The Joel Goldsmith score is marvelous. There are new themes throughout the movie, however, there are ties to the series music with little touches here and there.

I loved the 'Langford' name stenciled on the crate around the Stargate aboard the ship Achilles. (How aptly named that ship is for Ba'al - LOL!)

And the grandfather paradox is so wonderfully used in this movie, Brad Wright has a great sense of humor.

Seeing Don S. Davis as General Hammond again was very bittersweet.

Continuum is a fun romp. Kudos to TPTB, the staff, crew and the actors for all their hard work -- especially those who made the trek to the Arctic Circle. Those scenes are just stunning. The special effects are just plain WOW -- costumes, sets, make up, sound -- all departments, again, gave more than 100% of their labor and love for Stargate.

And, there were some other nice touches to the continuity from the series other than seeing all the Goa'uld system lords again - Apophis, Camulus, Ra, Yu, Cronus and Nirrti -- and the name of Langford on the crate of the Stargate.

There was Sam picking up a box of Frooties cereal in the grocery store, Daniel finding his alternate time line's book in the book store, Cam going to visit his parents home in Kansas (and it being the same one used in 'Bounty'), using footage filmed for Lost City but now used in Continuum (Haye's speech to the US citizens); Siler, Walter Harriman, Maj. Davis seen at the SGC (briefly); Jack mentioning cake...

Now we're left to wonder why the SGC would want a base on the moon? Or if moon base was a code for something to happen in movie three...
          Last edited by morjana; 29 July 2008, 10:08 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

It turns out Landry was an idiot in the end. It would have been interested if Earth would have put a decent fight at least; they've had a whole year to prepare - I still can't believe Sam, Daniel and Cam took that all in stride in hope that this time the Goaul'd won't attack
            Why don't you put yourself in their shoes while writing that. Landry was absolutely right. If someone came to me and said they were going to screw up my timeline, I would put a stop to it if I could. As far as Sam, Daniel, and Mitchell not doing anything about it, what could they do? If they did so much as speak to one another, they probably would have been arrested. As it was, they were on a short leash.

Anyway, this is a sweet movie. The opening scene was the best- including Cyler (sp?), Walter, and Major Davis (I appreciated him the most- he disappeared in the later seasons as Woolsey showed up).

Random Thoughts:

It was sad to see Gen. Hammond for the last time. He probably deserved a bigger role, but no one knew that Don was going to die when he did.

Why was it that the timeline changed slowly, as Vala vanished first, then Teal'c, then everyone else? I suppose it would be pure necessity for the writers.

That was a great last line for Alt. Teal'c. "I die free". It brought back seasons 1-6 (especially the episode "Threshold"), and the real Teal'c.

It seemed an oddity that Teal'c didn't automatically start trying to kill Qetesh as soon as he saw her have a sword through Ba'al.

How would the wormhole form in the 1930's gate? If the middle was packed full of packing peanuts like it was around the edges, wouldn't it have the same effect as being buried?

I would have liked more time with Mig + F-16 vs. Death Glider battles overall, but maybe they didn't have a big enough budget.

From Alt. Jack's reaction to Daniel when he says Charlie is dead, I would judge that Charlie actually did shoot himself- to the contrary of Carter. Anyone else think so?

More thoughts later maybe.

They could have stretched this out into a whole season if they wanted to, although a whole season in which the characters remembered nothing would seem kind of like a waste of time.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
              using footage filmed for Lost City but now used in Continuum (Haye's speech to the US citizens);
              Did anyone else catch the analogue between Hayes' remark about the speech (he obviously didn't like it) and Bush's "Awful Office" speech on 9/11?

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                How would the wormhole form in the 1930's gate? If the middle was packed full of packing peanuts like it was around the edges, wouldn't it have the same effect as being buried?
                Packing peanuts aren't quite as dense as a ton or two of dirt.

Comment

Continuum was good, I just wanted it be longer, and continue. I guess when you are used to a 20 episode season, you want more.
                  sigpic

Comment

It turns out Landry was an idiot in the end. It would have been interested if Earth would have put a decent fight at least; they've had a whole year to prepare
                    You also have to remember that Landry was retired..he states that right before he sends the team on their way.

Comment

It was amazing!
                      Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'
                      mary anne radmacher

You don't know what strange means?

Comment

Hmmm... Just watched it. Going to go against the consensus. I gave the first one a 2/5, this one is marginally improved so I'll give it 3/5. But it feels with these 'movies' they're just rehashing stuff from the series. Even in the special features they seemed excited about using the best from all the series. Sorry, mashing the best stuff from the series doesn't make a good movie imo. Show me something new. So some interesting things...but nothing to write home about.

Comment

It was great to sit down and watch it in all it's glory on my TV. Great special features too.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

IIRC, wasn't there a gag in the series of most Martin Wood episodes with Siler and a giant wrench? Because if I picked the right actor/director combo, WHY DIDN'T THEY PUT THAT IT!?!?

Oh, and I loved Continuum, good job Brad/Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by tayradio View Post
                              I loved the scene in the hangar between Landry and the gang - and the whole question of setting things right and "right" all being relative and not having the right to change reality as it existed at that moment. Good stuff, for me anyway!
                              Yes, my hub and I thought that was a very powerful scene. Beau did a great job.

I love Continuum! I think I like it better than AoT by a couple of points, but they're both great.

It was so great to see Siler, Walter, Maj. Davis, Gen. Hammond (still a 3-star in the sky ), Maj. Wood (hee hee), Jack, Apophis(!), Camulus, that ******* Kronos, etc.

Claudia rocked as Que'tesh. Heck, everyone rocked - top notch work by the whole gang.

Throwing out some special applause for the crew of the USS Alexandria!! Thanks for rescuing the Team!!!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Just saw continuum. Loved it and heres my usual scene by scene review.
                                _________________________________________________________________________
                                Alot of familiar faces just in the opening minutes. Half of the jaffa fleets guarding the tokra homeworld, lol. Owch, painful moment from Vala talking about her extraction. Tokra cities above ground are beautiful. Basically the Tokra are the only Guaould left now. And theyre on good terms with the rest of the galaxy.

Lol @ Jack being bored. Roh oh Vala vanished. I forgot how much i liked the tokra. How bout those last words? Haha. Im next in line by the way. lol. CAKE! Baal has a fail safe plan. Nice pre ww2 boat. Good makeup on Cams ancestor, i wouldnt have know it was him except for the voice. Stargate chevron sounds from in the ships hold. Yikes dont stand in front of the box! Big hole.

Valas still missing. Have you ever tried finding a bathroom in a pyramid. Lol. Yikes, creepy vanishing, oh no jacks been stabbed. O.O Ive missed the sound of Staff blasts. Nice scene of the guy being shot on the bow of the ship. Jaffa bomb! Hmmm miniture dhd, very 'city of the gods'. Camps grandpas a hero even mortally wounded. Whoa at the Tokra captial being erased. Nice change in the wormhole, then it goes back to normal.

Stargate in a box. Sams in shock from Jacks death. -20 is cold. No DHD. No EM. The Achilles. -40 Fire in the...ice. Warmer! Oh no daniels foot slipped in. The sinking ship is pretty slick. Yikes, frostbitefoot. Sad goodbye. Haha Daniel said sh!t. Beautiful sky. Baal interupted the delivery of the stargate to earth. That looks soo cold. Whoa, other guys at the pole. Colonel Oneill. Major wood, lol.

WOW at the submarine. Way better than when x-files did it Russian sub nosing around. Are those real navy guys? The sub sinking is even slicker than rising. Haha, the sub came up for daniel 30 min after they left. Youre the astronaut, u tell me. Yikes, Charlie didnt die in this history. Daniels Jacks best friend. Subs are cramped. Intresting 4 way split screen for the explaining the alternate timeline thing. SPACE CORN.

Seriously, Who would make this sh!t up? Haha. Landry! Literal grandfather paradox, how... terrifying. Family, everythings gone. 2 Daniels. Nice Landry speech about not changing the timeline. 70 years since the timeline changed. So sg1s new lives dont seem that great. One legged jackson O.O One year later. Heehee, Cams got a single mom angling for him Seems Daniel has a prosthetic. Heh, he looked at his alternate selfs book. A very touching smile as he looks at it.

Lol at the lady in the grocery store eyeing Sam. Very sad scene where Cam visits the home he grew up in in a childhood and parents that never existed. Daniel tried to call himself and give himself a pep talk. How different is he now from the pre-stargate Daniel. Oh crap they just got buzzed by an alkesh. WOW thats alot of guaould ships. Baals outfit is hot, i want one. First prime Tealc. APOPHSIS! Haha, off the top of you head. Eww his symbiote fell out.

CHRONIUS! There is a god standing here with wet hands! KETESH. HAMMOND! It makes me sad that this is the last time ill see him. Death, slavery, more slavery more death. Contunity reference to LostCity! Soo many alkesh. Some familliar faces. Baal seems willing to be slightly compassionate to his followers. Maybe he learned something on Earth in the trust. Camulus gets australia.

Lmao a cell phone. Shoudlnt have turned his back on Ketesh. Amazing jets. WOW at the fleet moving to attack. President Hayes is negotiating with the russians. Split Baal down the middle! Dont turn ur back on Ketesh lol. So thats what a large scale bombardment of earth by the guaould looks like. Good thing they never came in full force before. Praxia. Mid air refueling is slick. Sweet dogfight. Protecting sg1 at any cost, those pilots r heroes. Russians to the rescue! Were americans plz shoot the ppl chasing us. Everyone went home to their families, sad end of the world stuff.

Alkesh on the roof! Tealcs back. Mini DHD. Tealc is always easy to convince to turn on the guaould in alternate timelines. Nice time travel machine! Sweet hologram. Hundreds of stars being monitored for solar flares. Could go back to the cretatious period. Jaffa aim still sucks. Daniel died again, its been awhile since hes died. Sad slow mo deaths. Ten years too early. Valas cleavage is unbelievable, lol. The villians were killed, happy ending!

Back on the ship in 39. They know theyre about 2 be borded this time. They are waiting for them. HA! Shot thru the head in the past. 10 yr older Cam looks cool with his grandfather. Nice extractor. Behold the last of the system lords! Moonbase! Valas helping baals host, very sweet. What if hes not the last baal? Picture of old Cam and his grandfather in his locker.

________________________________________________________________________________ ____

Ok, WOW at Ba'als time travel chamber, ingenious while not breaking any sg-verse rules. Since baal died the only one who knows of its existance is the Cam who lived out his life in the past. So its stil out there O.O

So AU Cam lived a long full life in the past, thats kinda cool and alittle wierd. I mean hed be dead of old age long ago.

Im ready for movie 3!

Comment

Working...
                                X