Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuum - Promotional Photography (Spoiler TAGS required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    Could be the same DL from 20 years ago.

In Calif., if you have a clean driving record, you get an automatic renewal every four years. (I've been on automatic renewal for...gee, 24 years or more.)

The only reason I have a new photo on mine is that I moved shortly after the last renewal and had to go in to get a new license to update the address.

Morjana
    Totally off topic but the DMV doesn't do that any more according to the guy I talked to. I checked with the CA DMV and they said 2 renewals by mail is the limit now, but the licences are good for 5 years I guess. Might be different if you are disabled or something but that is what he said. Mine expires later this year, so CA DMV be nice and let me renew by mail.

What cracked me up is that most everybody was wearing red coats with leather squares on the left like ID tags and RDA was wearing the green coat with the drivers licence as an ID badge. I guess he didn't want to be left out.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
      Totally off topic but the DMV doesn't do that any more according to the guy I talked to. I checked with the CA DMV and they said 2 renewals by mail is the limit now, but the licences are good for 5 years I guess. Might be different if you are disabled or something but that is what he said. Mine expires later this year, so CA DMV be nice and let me renew by mail.

What cracked me up is that most everybody was wearing red coats with leather squares on the left like ID tags and RDA was wearing the green coat with the drivers licence as an ID badge. I guess he didn't want to be left out.
      Here's the link to the State of CA DMV Drivers License info:

Spoiler:
      http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm

I'm sure that some rules, regulations, etc., have changed recently, especially since 9/11.

All I know is that the only reason I have a new drivers license is because I moved recently, right after my dl had been renewed. Other than that, I'd get a new drivers license (with the same photo, but the expiration date moved ahead 4 years), every four years around my birthday, for at least 12 years. (And then the only reason I got a new license about 15 years ago is because I had moved.)

Oh, here's the pertinent info from the CA Driver's Handbook:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl600.pdf

MISCELLANEOUS LICENSING INFORMATION
      RENEWAL BY MAIL OR INTERNET

If you have not already received two consecutive five-year extensions,
      you may be eligible to renew by mail, without taking a law test, if:
      • Your current license expires before age 70.
      • You do not have a probationary license. (VC §14250)
      • You have not violated a written promise to appear in court within the last two years.
      • You are not suspended for driving with an illegal blood alcohol content (BAC) level, or for refusing, or for failing to complete, a chemical or preliminary alcohol screening test within the last two years.
      • You do not have a total violation point count greater than one.

NOTE: You may renew by Internet if your renewal-by-mail notice
      includes a Renewal Identification Number (RIN).

Morjana
      Last edited by morjana; 21 March 2008, 02:10 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        Here's the link to the State of CA DMV Drivers License info:

Spoiler:
        http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm

I'm sure that some rules, regulations, etc., have changed recently, especially since 9/11.

All I know is that the only reason I have a new drivers license is because I moved recently, right after my dl had been renewed. Other than that, I'd get a new drivers license (with the same photo, but the expiration date moved ahead 4 years), every four years around my birthday, for at least 12 years. (And then the only reason I got a new license about 15 years ago is because I had moved.)

Oh, here's the pertinent info from the CA Driver's Handbook:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/dl600.pdf

MISCELLANEOUS LICENSING INFORMATION
        RENEWAL BY MAIL OR INTERNET

If you have not already received two consecutive five-year extensions,
        you may be eligible to renew by mail, without taking a law test, if:
        • Your current license expires before age 70.
        • You do not have a probationary license. (VC §14250)
        • You have not violated a written promise to appear in court within the last two years.
        • You are not suspended for driving with an illegal blood alcohol content (BAC) level, or for refusing, or for failing to complete, a chemical or preliminary alcohol screening test within the last two years.
        • You do not have a total violation point count greater than one.

NOTE: You may renew by Internet if your renewal-by-mail notice
        includes a Renewal Identification Number (RIN).

Morjana
        Since California has so many celebrities, I guess there may be some sort of exception for them on renewals, if they've never been in trouble with the law (and I don't think RDA ever has). But if the federal REAL ID Act goes into effect in 2009...any differences by state will be gone. It will require every state to do things the same way. There's even debate over whether each state will have to use the same kind of plastic and design layout!

But it's just cute to see The Man...and The Little Man smiling out from his chest pocket.

Comment

must be due more pics by now?
          sigpic
          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Yeah, anyone talk to Andreas lately? He seems to be MIA

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

thought he was still on holiday.

Could the lack of images be down to the fact that AoT is being released atm?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Lucky him

Why would AoT have anything to do with this? I mean, I guess it could be because he wants to spread out the pictures releases so there's a bigger build-up to the summer release of the movie. That's my guess, at least Either way, I can't wait to see new pictures whenever they arrive

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I was thinking that Stef. Maybe MGM has put any Continuum stuff on hold for a couple of weeks while they ad blitz for AoT (Which i'll be watching on Monday) and then they'll turn their attentions solely on Continuum.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                    I was thinking that Stef. Maybe MGM has put any Continuum stuff on hold for a couple of weeks while they ad blitz for AoT (Which i'll be watching on Monday) and then they'll turn their attentions solely on Continuum.
                    Hopefully that'll mean a date will be set for Continuum's release

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                      Hopefully that'll mean a date will be set for Continuum's release
                      I hope so because the wait is driving me insane
                      sigpic

Comment

****HAPPY EASTER!!!!****

Comment

And why is Repro-images.net still offline? It's been about 2 weeks or so.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                            And why is Repro-images.net still offline? It's been about 2 weeks or so.

Vala,
                            Patience . Breathe with me hon

Comment

ack i'm going crazy without new promo pics!!
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                                ack i'm going crazy without new promo pics!!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X