Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not surprised. We need someone to make the films good . High five RDA and looking forward to seeing you again...and yes we want you to stick it to the man .

Comment

Good news! I've missed Jack. I've really missed the Jack/Daniel banter, those two are just so good together. Lets hope we get lots of that in the movie. I am worried that it will be another Moebious thing though. I hate A/T's. If I spend an hour or two watching something I don't want to feel like I have wasted my time at the end, which is what tends to happen when you get a re-set.

I don't know how much of the movie he will be in, lets hope it's not a brief cameo, I want to see him in all of the movie. Not too sure about the action scenes, he is getting on a bit now and I want it to be believeable. Well as much as possible in Sci-Fi!

Lets hope the two movies do well and lead to more of the same. I want more SG1, damn it! I want Mitchell, Daniel,Teal'c,Vala and Carter. Going through the 'gate, exploring and having adventures. Say,ten,two hour movies a year would be great. RDA can guest star in a few too.

What? A girl can dream, can't she?

Lets see... each dvd costs around £20, at least a million people worldwide buy the dvd's, because there isn't any other way to get our Stargate fix. That's £20 million per dvd, minimum. Not bad, how much does it cost to produce an episode?
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
        Lets see... each dvd costs around £20, at least a million people worldwide buy the dvd's, because there isn't any other way to get our Stargate fix. That's £20 million per dvd, minimum. Not bad, how much does it cost to produce an episode?
        I doubt they'll charge £20 for a direct to DVD movie - pre-Season Nine box sets don't cost much more than that over here - and if they do, the price will drop very rapidly over time. A large chunk of the price will be the store's mark-up, and they'll also have to subtract the costs of producing and distributing the DVDs.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

What? A girl can dream, can't she?
          There is nothing stopping a girl to do that .

20 quid is cheap for a DVD. I think they will be more expensive. They need cash and this will allow them to continue or not...I discover more and more people do not like Moebius . I guess I am in the time-travel suckers club . I love stories like that .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            There is nothing stopping a girl to do that .

20 quid is cheap for a DVD. I think they will be more expensive. They need cash and this will allow them to continue or not...I discover more and more people do not like Moebius . I guess I am in the time-travel suckers club . I love stories like that .
            Depends on where you are, I guess - the euro equivalent of £20 would be expensive enough for a special edition blockbuster movie here.

If they plan to release both movies together, as a box set, then they can get away with that price - but that means that the return will be shared among both movies. It would also make it difficult for them to gauge which movie has more of an appeal.

Comment

If they sell the movie separately $19.95 is a decent price. I'd balk at $40 for a single movie.

Comment

For prices, $24.95, £19.99 and €24.99. This is standard pricing, possibly a bit more if they do two versions, standard and special edition. This price can be used for a special edition (with a cheaper normal version) or for a normal version (with a more expensive special edition).

It's great to see RDA confirm so quickly that he's going to be doing the movie. I have to say that it's a bit disappointing he's not idea how much time screentime he'll be getting as I thought that would be one of his first questions (as it would take time away from his family)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  If they sell the movie separately $19.95 is a decent price. I'd balk at $40 for a single movie.
                  I'd just wait. If the price starts out high, it will tumble very quickly. It's not a Harry Potter book. I don't think that there will be people queuing outside the store on the release date.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    For prices, $24.95, £19.99 and €24.99. This is standard pricing, possibly a bit more if they do two versions, standard and special edition. This price can be used for a special edition (with a cheaper normal version) or for a normal version (with a more expensive special edition).

It's great to see RDA confirm so quickly that he's going to be doing the movie. I have to say that it's a bit disappointing he's not idea how much time screentime he'll be getting as I thought that would be one of his first questions (as it would take time away from his family)
                    Oh, they'll probably put out a 'special edition' six months later to make fans buy it all over again. It's a common tactic with DVD sales, like putting all of SG1 out on slim DVD casings and I'm sure a good percentage of fans re-bought their sets.

Well, time up in the Arctic is limited due to weather and other considerations; however, I don't see him in the lead role. I honestly see that going to Browder and the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      I doubt they'll charge £20 for a direct to DVD movie - pre-Season Nine box sets don't cost much more than that over here - and if they do, the price will drop very rapidly over time. A large chunk of the price will be the store's mark-up, and they'll also have to subtract the costs of producing and distributing the DVDs.
                      Really, box sets in this country are still around the £40 mark. I have paid as much as £50. Even really old films still cost around £10.

I don't think they would sell the movies for less than £17, that is the price they charge for the episode dvd's.I have seen them as much as £19.99! Even though most of us have already seen those and taped them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        I'd just wait. If the price starts out high, it will tumble very quickly. It's not a Harry Potter book. I don't think that there will be people queuing outside the store on the release date.
                        I've tried that, after six months or so of waiting I usually crack and buy whatever I wanted at the still high price. As for Harry Potter!!! Do people really queue for them? My daughter grew out of those years ago.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've tried that, after six months or so of waiting I usually crack and buy whatever I wanted at the still high price. As for Harry Potter!!! Do people really queue for them? My daughter grew out of those years ago.
                          Just as some people's babies grow out of having to wear diapers, there are new babies born to other people that need to wear diapers. The cycle of life and all of that.

Comment

Really, box sets in this country are still around the £40 mark. I have paid as much as £50. Even really old films still cost around £10.

I don't think they would sell the movies for less than £17, that is the price they charge for the episode dvd's.I have seen them as much as £19.99! Even though most of us have already seen those and taped them.
                            I don't think they'll release both films together.... so it wouldn't be a boxed set. Just a single movie. Usually the first week of relaese is when you grab 'em for under $20, then they can shoot up to $25-30.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                              I hope it is a big part, RDA is SG1
                              I don't know if he IS SG-1, but he's a darn big part of what made SG-1 special.

That being said, I couldn't be more stoked about this. I've missed him a LOT and now can't wait for Continuum to come out.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

The movie will be awesome just for the Jack/Ba'al interaction.

Ba'al: "You dare mock me?"

Jack: "Ba'al, buddy, of course I dare..."
                                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X