Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The quiz works(missed 3), but question 2 has a typo.

When the movie first came out, I really wasn't impressed. In fact, I avoided watching the show because of that. Fortunately, my now wife got me into the series around season 7 or so and I caught up with DVDs. The movie has grown on me, but much prefer the show. I now put it in the GOOD category.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Promised some fun stuff...

I sincerely hope it works: Stargate (1994) Quiz & Jigsaw

How would you rate Stargate (1994)?

Excellent
        Good
        Fair
        Poor
        Terrible
        Did the puzzle in fifteen Minutes and 31 Seconds
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible
          For me that quiz i get 8 of 10.. Never knew that the actor playing ra
          Spoiler:
          stripped naked and walked off set cause he hated the outfit
          , or that there
          Spoiler:
          was only 1 cat that appeared in the whole movie

As for rating it, i give it between good and excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
            The quiz works(missed 3), but question 2 has a typo.
            -- oh dear, please tell me where I wrote a mistake so i may fix it asap.

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
            When the movie first came out, I really wasn't impressed. In fact, I avoided watching the show because of that. Fortunately, my now wife got me into the series around season 7 or so and I caught up with DVDs. The movie has grown on me, but much prefer the show. I now put it in the GOOD category.
            I agree that the movie didn't impress me either, yet according to IMDB it was a fall success in 1994.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Did the puzzle in fifteen Minutes and 31 Seconds
            Noted!

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            For me that quiz i get 8 of 10.. Never knew that the actor playing ra
            Spoiler:
            stripped naked and walked off set cause he hated the outfit
            , or that there
            Spoiler:
            was only 1 cat that appeared in the whole movie
            Tricky questions just for the heck of it.

You should have seen my score on the SG1 Anniversary quiz on Stargate Command, I scored 4 out of 10 and could have gotten 5 if my screen hadn't been so damn sensative to touch. I missed the correct answer by a millimeter.

I thought the trivia was hilarious.

There's another one that I first wanted to use. He also has or had nipple rings which he refused to take off so the costume department had to work around those.

Comment

Damn you FH. The last thing I needed to get involved was another rewatch. I think for my own sanity I will follow the order you go in that when you post I will know its time for another episode. I think I couldn't do more than 3 episodes a week. So just keep me appraised of your order and what episodes for each week.

Lets be honest. FH is obsessed with Heightmeyer. Wait that is not it. Well it is but its not what I wanted to be honest about it. I honestly don't care for the original movie. Its starts off good with Daniel uncovering the mystery of the Stargate. But once you get to Abydos it slows to a grinding halt that leaves me bored. Their are some highlights with the mastadige and Jack connecting with Skarra but overall its flat until Ra arrives to explain what he is. Even with Ra and the uprising on Abydos the progress is lacking. Its not always clear how one event leads to another as we battle Ra. Its just feels rushed with lack of explanations.

Now for shameless showboating. I got 9 out of 10 on FH's quiz. I thought one was a trick question as they weren't technically Jaffa under the cartoche since Jaffa weren't created until Children of the Gods so I was overthinking. I did know about Jaye Davidson but that is an advantage to me being a long time member so we fans have talked about the strange things that have happened and him running naked was one of the stranger ones. I got 9 minutes and 15 seconds on the puzzle so aretood. Once again curse you FH
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I think I couldn't do more than 3 episodes a week. So just keep me appraised of your order and what episodes for each week.
                It's 2-3 episodes a week -- I can't do more either at the moment.

So, it's 102, 103 and 104 this week (ending on Sunday with another quiz and puzzle -- promise to make it less hard, the puzzle, the quiz I don't know yet.)

Lets be honest. FH is obsessed with Heightmeyer.
                No, I'm not.

*attempts to sound honest*

Who am I kidding? -- Yes, I am.

Now for shameless showboating. I got 9 out of 10 on FH's quiz. I thought one was a trick question as they weren't technically Jaffa under the cartoche since Jaffa weren't created until Children of the Gods so I was overthinking. I did know about Jaye Davidson but that is an advantage to me being a long time member so we fans have talked about the strange things that have happened and him running naked was one of the stranger ones. I got 9 minutes and 15 seconds on the puzzle so aretood. Once again curse you FH
                YAY!!!

Sorry about the overthinking. I noticed later on IMDB they are actually refered to as Anubis and Horus. Ah well.

Comment

Damn you FH. The last thing I needed to get involved was another rewatch. I think for my own sanity I will follow the order you go in that when you post I will know its time for another episode. I think I couldn't do more than 3 episodes a week. So just keep me appraised of your order and what episodes for each week.
                  I'm debating if I should restart my rewatch, I'm on Season 10 of SG-1 and started SGA....*Shakes fist menacingly at FH*

Lets be honest. FH is obsessed with Heightmeyer. Wait that is not it. Well it is but its not what I wanted to be honest about it. I honestly don't care for the original movie. Its starts off good with Daniel uncovering the mystery of the Stargate. But once you get to Abydos it slows to a grinding halt that leaves me bored. Their are some highlights with the mastadige and Jack connecting with Skarra but overall its flat until Ra arrives to explain what he is. Even with Ra and the uprising on Abydos the progress is lacking. Its not always clear how one event leads to another as we battle Ra. Its just feels rushed with lack of explanations.
                  I saw it when it came on TV, I think it was on TNT. I was young then too. I think 12? 11? 13? Can't remember. At the end, I wondered how our military would deal with an attack. Then I saw this show by the same name was on on the Sci-Fi channel....It's I willed it into existence so I couldn't not watch it. So you're welcome.

In my defense....I haven't done a puzzle in ages @.@

It's 2-3 episodes a week -- I can't do more either at the moment.

So, it's 102, 103 and 104 this week (ending on Sunday with another quiz and puzzle -- promise to make it less hard, the puzzle, the quiz I don't know yet.)
                  They aren't that bad. Just don't pick a screencap when they are in full camouflage gear in the middle of a forest...
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm debating if I should restart my rewatch, I'm on Season 10 of SG-1 and started SGA....*Shakes fist menacingly at FH*[/
                    You should join. We need more veterans against the new blood

I saw it when it came on TV, I think it was on TNT. I was young then too. I think 12? 11? 13? Can't remember. At the end, I wondered how our military would deal with an attack. Then I saw this show by the same name was on on the Sci-Fi channel....It's I willed it into existence so I couldn't not watch it. So you're welcome.
                    I don't even remember when I first saw the movie. I had already seen seasons of SG1 by the time I saw the movie. Im not sure I would have watched the show if I saw the movie first.

In my defense....I haven't done a puzzle in ages @.@

They aren't that bad. Just don't pick a screencap when they are in full camouflage gear in the middle of a forest...
                    If we are being honest I do a puzzle almost every day. I hear it's good for your brain health. I could of done better but it took me a little bit for me to get used to the format
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I saw The movie on the big screen when it first came out. SG-1 came much later, simply because we were not really getting much on the idiot box from Showtime.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Woops... now that you mention it. I didn't trhink of that.

Will remember that for the next ones.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        I saw The movie on the big screen when it first came out. SG-1 came much later, simply because we were not really getting much on the idiot box from Showtime.
                        So, what was Stargate like on a big screen?

OH, what was the gate travel like on the big screen?

Comment

So, what was Stargate like on a big screen?
                          Ummm, not that much different than on the small screen to be honest. It really only caught my eye because A) it was Scifi, and I watched pretty much everything scifi back then, and B) It had Egyptian ancient alien mythology in a time when I was questioning the religious paradigm I was born into and was exploring many mythologies.
                          Stargate: -the movie- remains to me what it was then, a summer popcorn movie, fun to watch, but pretty forgettable when it is not "on screen". The best thing it probably did for me was get me interested in James Spader as an actor, hence my love for him in Boston Legal and the Blacklist and my forgiveness of Ultron in age of Ultron.

OH, what was the gate travel like on the big screen?
                          Really, really cool
                          I however had seen a similar effect in Bram Stoker's Dracula a few years beforehand. It's a lot shorter granted, but the idea of crossing "one world to another" via a tunnel really worked in that movie as well.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Really, really cool
                            I however had seen a similar effect in Bram Stoker's Dracula a few years beforehand. It's a lot shorter granted, but the idea of crossing "one world to another" via a tunnel really worked in that movie as well.
                            While I'm not a fan of VR cause of motion sickness, I think the gate travel effect would be wicked.

Comment

Solved the Stargate (1994) jigsaw in 8:55 -- apparently, according to the website, that is the fastest time so far for this jigsaw.

Comment

Excellent
                                Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible
                                9/10 en 6:53 without rewatch of the movie.
                                Cool.
                                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X