Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I would suggest, write letters to mgm

something simple like...printing out a stoplight with the green lit and saying 'please greenlight the SG1 and SGA movies'
    that is an AWESOME idea!!

*goes to look for stop light*
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      the plan should be to let ptb (mgm, whoever buys them, stargate producers) know we're still interested.

how to do that?

letter writing?

what i'm the most disappointed in, though, is it seems either a 'lot' of stargate fans have drifted away, or there really IS a lot of fans that just don't care anymore. how are we going to mount an 'interest' campaign if we don't have a lot of people behind it?
      I think any convention would be good. Reruns of SGA and SG-1 have done better than reruns of Caprica and SGU, so I think these movies still would get people's attention.

Major Davis, I would sign up on SyFy.com, and post a thread. I will pin your thread to the top of the forums for both SG-1 and SGA.

Let's really get this thing going!
      sigpic

Comment

HOO RAAH!! Let's do this thing.

Great idea about writing to MGM to. Maybe the sg-1 or Atlantis or even half and half with the chevrons green. Awsome idea's.

Here's the Facebook Group
        http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=331930378712
        Last edited by McgillionFan; 19 February 2010, 06:38 PM.
        GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Yay!!!!!! I'm really excited. Thank you soooooo much for your support. I'll have to ask if I can join the syfy forum though. I'll ask tomorrow. I gotta go. Still, do you think briangate you can post this idea/thread in the syfy forums before I join? Also can you get yout facebook stargate friends to join?

Thanks so much,
          Major D. Davis
          sigpic

Comment

i hope this campaign idea IS talked about outside of gateworld, so we can bring in as many ppl as possible!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Count me in for the cause

I have a youtube account and I can create one for the cause but I need a name for it...
              Any suggestions??
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                Count me in for the cause

I have a youtube account and I can create one for the cause but I need a name for it...
                Any suggestions??
                Welcome aboard

Names eh ? maybe SGMovieCampaign.Green light chevrons.Green chevron sg movie campaign
                Guess maybe have a name for what are cause is. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

UncancelTheGate. Or something.

Anyway, I began my dabbling in genre television by getting hooked enough to Farscape that I became a part of its revival campaign. I do have some experience with these matters, and I'd love to pledge my support. At the moment, though, all I can say is you're off to a good start. I'll type some things up and mail them to MGM and whatnot ASAP.

A good tip I learned from Save Farscape was that hand-written material is taken more seriously. Times have changed since those days, but I would think that still holds up. Nevertheless, there are several more avenues now than there used to be in terms of getting someone's attention on the internet. Seven years ago, Facebook was a small-scale op and Twitter was a little-known dirty word. I'd recommend multiple approaches in unison, united by a single front. And we'll get as many fans into this as possible.

Brian, thanks for your assistance. If my experience has taught me anything, it's that we're going to need all the assistance we can get.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Linda, you will love the SGA movie, Teyla will have a big part.
                    Now don't you go getting my hopes up

I would love to get behind a campaign to get the SG-1 movie rolling
                    sigpic

Comment

i will help in any way i can but im from the uk so i dont know were to write to what we should do is all contact the writers and mgm if anyone can show me a website where i can get my request seen by them i will do it. also a petition would be great
                      sigpic
                      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

also i dont no about making websites but if anyone here does how about a website called the stargate movie alliance where people could join as members to show support for the films and it could serve as the official place for people to plan and come up with ideas to get the films made.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                          also i dont no about making websites but if anyone here does how about a website called the stargate movie alliance where people could join as members to show support for the films and it could serve as the official place for people to plan and come up with ideas to get the films made.
                          Freewebs or now called webs.com is a goodplace for making free websites and you can have members joining it to. Very simple to use and easy to make.I made my McGillion Fansite using it. You may want to sign up there and it's free to.

http://www.webs.com

Comment

Hi This is a great idea! I'm dying for more SG...both Atlantis and SG1. Not into SGU. I joined the facebook group....here's to a successful campaign!
                            Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by McgillionFan View Post
                              Freewebs or now called webs.com is a goodplace for making free websites and you can have members joining it to. Very simple to use and easy to make.I made my McGillion Fansite using it. You may want to sign up there and it's free to.

http://www.webs.com
                              thanks for the info ill try it out
                              sigpic

Comment

by the way i have got my brother who likes stargate to join the facebook campaign aswell and i know i must sound sad and desperate for keep going on like this but i love stargate so i dont care
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X