Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    That makes two of us.
    I've had the same issue with several of her(?) posts.
    sigpic

Comment

She's deaf and uses ASL .
      That makes for problems in grammar and syntax when she constructs her posts.

Now how about less discussion of another member and everyone gets back to constructive discussion of the campaign itself ?
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post
        First new three movie back old SG-1 in "Staragte: Revolution" than I think maybe brad w thinking new series is SG-1 and SGA familiar new member is "SGL-1". before SGU had gone ship is blow up. New stargate is Gold Solid and Carveons 8 Light change color.

Eden G, Thanks to Stargate Campian.

Please brad w, don't give up to SG-1 and SGA new series in movie. maybe it. you feeling winner very good SG-1 and SGA not yet the end for waiting "New Stargate: legend". Thank you.
        I totally agree - I hope they don't give up on SG-1 and SGA too. There are are lot of fans who still support these movies and still enjoy SG-1 and SGA. And I really like reading your ideas for SG-Legend! With the fate of the franchise so uncertain at the moment it is fun to see the great ideas fans come up with. Thank you - keep up the good work, I'm enjoying it!

Comment

Don't forget to send your tweets by 7pm EST Today!

TWEET and/or ReTWEET these messages to MGM:

@mgm_studios Fans won't give up on #Stargate #SG1 & #StargateAtlantis We support more #SGA & #SG1 #fightforthegreenlight

@stargatecommand Fans won't give up on #Stargate #SG1 & #StargateAtlantis We support more #SGA & #SG1 #fightforthegreenlight

*Please tweet/retweet the above messages with #fightforthegreenlight in the message by this Friday 1/28/2011 7:00 pm EST - and we will give away to one person the first two issues of Dynamite comic book series "Stargate Vala Mal Doran"
          Last edited by EdenSG; 28 January 2011, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Weekly Announcement 1.31.2011

Where we are NOW
            Until MGM makes its final decisions over the fate of the franchise we will, and we encourage all of you to keep letting MGM know that fans still support and want more SG1 and SGA.

We will continue to have our weekly tweets, we ask that you visit the SG1 and SGA sites on the MGM website and if you have not sent a letter to MGM we strongly urge you to do that. See the information below for directions.

Other Campaign News:
            We have our fan fic contest winners! And the deadline for the Favorite Episode Contest is 2/9/2011 and the video contest is up and running. See below for details.
            Don't forget about donating unused cell phones to Cell Phones for Soldiers.

TELL MGM that FANS SUPPORT STARGATE SG1 and SGA!!!

1. TWEET and/or ReTWEET this message to MGM:

@mgm_studios @stargatecommand There R more #StargateAtlantis & #Stargate #SG1 stories to tell that fans want to see #fightforthegreenlight

*Please tweet/retweet the above message with #fightforthegreenlight in the message by this Friday 2/4/2011 7:00 pm EST - and we will give away to one person a stargate related item - TBA

2. MGM STARGATE WEBSITE

Please visit the SGA and SG1 pages at: http://stargate.mgm.com/

If you plan on buying any stargate SGA/SG1 items then visit the
            MGM Stargate store at: http://stargate.mgm.com/store/index.html

3. SEND a LETTER to MGM:

Please send MGM/Spyglass a letter expressing support for the Stargate Franchise and the SG1 and Stargate Atlantis movies.

*Note: MGM considers Stargate a franchise and will be looking at it from that business perspective. We need to let MGM know that continuing SGA and SG1 is good for the franchise

Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum
            Co-Chairmen and Chief Executive Officers
            Spyglass Entertainment
            10900 Wilshire Blvd.
            Los Angeles, CA. 90024

CHARLES COHEN
            MGM Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
            10250 Constellation Boulevard
            Los Angeles, CA 90067
            United States

GARY MARENZI
            Co-President, MGM Worldwide Television
            10250 Constellation Boulevard
            Los Angeles, CA 90067
            United States

(Sample Letter):

Dear Mr.

I have been a longtime fan of the MGM Stargate television series.

I want to take this opportunity to express my support of Stargate and the Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis movies that are currently on hold. Please consider greenlighting these movies as myself and fans around the world are still anxiously anticipating their release and have the desire to purchase the movies. Continuing the story of Stargate SG1 and Atlantis in movies or some other format would certainly revitalize and strengthen the franchise.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
            (Sign your name and address)

FOR THE LOVE OF STARGATE CONTESTS

We invite all SGA and SG1 fans to have fun and enjoy what they love the most about the shows.

FAN FIC CONTEST WINNERS:
            We had four entries for the fanfic contest. Thanks to the writers who took the time to write and submit the stories. We recognize how time consuming it can be to write fanfic and truly appreciate your efforts. The stories were all great.

The winners are:

Category 1 (Where are they Now?)
            WINNER: "Healing is not a Science" by Laz
            RUNNER UP: "Old Foes, New Friends" by Ra Systemlord

Category 2 (Deleted Scenes)
            WINNER: "A Life Lost" by immertreu
            RUNNER UP: "Regrets"

Since the votes were all very close, and because we had a glitch in the voting, we are going to offer a prize to all 4 writers who entered the contest. Great job and thanks again!

You can read the entries via our forums or via LiveJournal. Links to the stories are on the contest page at http://www.stargatemoviescampaign.com/Contests

FAVORITE EPISODE POSTER CONTEST

What is your favorite episode of SG1 and/or SG1?
            What is it about the episode that makes it your favorite..., the characters, the action, the team, the CGI, any special moments?

There will be Two Categories:
            SG1 Episodes
            SGA Episodes

Please check the CONTEST PAGE for guidelines
            Deadline for entries is Feb. 9, 2011

VIDEO CONTEST

The subject of the video should be what you love about SG1 and SGA.
            It could be about a character, space battles, villians, teamwork, etc.

Please check the CONTEST PAGE for guidelines
            Deadline for entries is March 28, 2011

Keep up the good fight!
            Major Davis, MarieWynn, EdenSG

Comment

i hope this is all making a difference, b/c i'm VERY discouraged and worried about the franchise.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i hope this is all making a difference, b/c i'm VERY discouraged and worried about the franchise.
                same here as im very close to giving up all hope of another movie at this point
                sigpic
                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                  same here as im very close to giving up all hope of another movie at this point

I know how you feel. We have had these conversations among the three of us too. These are very discouraging times for the franchise and for the prospect of the movies.
                  Until we know what is going to happen with the franchise - will they continue only SGU, is "the plan" just SGU or as BW alluded to something with all 3 sereis, I think we need to keep trying.

Will it make a difference? I will answer that this way. Nothing is lost by showing MGM that fans still support and want more Sg1 and SGA, it is only good thing. I hope there will be movies, but even if there aren't, I want to feel that as a fan, I gave Sg1 and SGA the best support I could and at least move on with the feeling that I did something positive, I was involved and that even with all the crap and bad feelings that have developed between fans and the franchise that at least fans came together to voice their support and work together. And that is a very good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                    I know how you feel. We have had these conversations among the three of us too. These are very discouraging times for the franchise and for the prospect of the movies.
                    Until we know what is going to happen with the franchise - will they continue only SGU, is "the plan" just SGU or as BW alluded to something with all 3 sereis, I think we need to keep trying.

Will it make a difference? I will answer that this way. Nothing is lost by showing MGM that fans still support and want more Sg1 and SGA, it is only good thing. I hope there will be movies, but even if there aren't, I want to feel that as a fan, I gave Sg1 and SGA the best support I could and at least move on with the feeling that I did something positive, I was involved and that even with all the crap and bad feelings that have developed between fans and the franchise that at least fans came together to voice their support and work together. And that is a very good thing.
                    i think the worst of the bad feelings are b/c of the ptb, not mgm, so i hope that mgm sees *the fans* loving and supporting the franchise, whether it's one specific part of it or not.

i'm watching sg1 eps on netflix (was on hulu, but they stopped showing it last night), so i *hope* that's a good supporting the franchise thing at least...
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i think the worst of the bad feelings are b/c of the ptb, not mgm, so i hope that mgm sees *the fans* loving and supporting the franchise, whether it's one specific part of it or not.

i'm watching sg1 eps on netflix (was on hulu, but they stopped showing it last night), so i *hope* that's a good supporting the franchise thing at least...
                      I agree that the ptb are responsible for fostering much of the bad feelings. I posted in the SGA folder how sad it is that just over 2 years ago BW was empahatic about how strong the franchise was - SGA was going to be continued in movies, there would be more SG1 movies, a video game being developed and a new series to reinvigorate the franchise and carry it forward into the future. Look at where it all is now. It is depressing to be a SG fan at present. I think a lot of missteps were taken with the franchise and the fans - but that is another topic for another thread.

I think it can only be good for fans to show MGM that they have not forgotten about SG1 and SGA. That those things about SG that captured our imagination and devotion, the things that brought each and everyone one of into the SG world are still alive. Fan support alone will not bring back the movies but it is a factor that will be considered.

So I say lets go for it. Lets show MGM what SG fans are made of. Movie or no movie we can let MGM know that fans support Stargate and specifically SG1/SGA. Let's let them know that they we will not forget about the movies. I think the ball is in MGM's court right now - over the last 2 years the franchise has withered, MGM are the only ones that can bring it back to life. They can throw their support behind the franchise (and by franchise I believe part of that focus needs to be on SG1 and SGA because they were very successful pieces of the franchise) or they can let it die. What ever happens I will at least be able to say that I gave it my best shot, that I supported SG1/SGA and I and I hope others too, will feel better for for that.
                      Last edited by EdenSG; 02 February 2011, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Your posts of late have been rather inspirational, Eden. You're absolutely right; we need to keep supporting the franchise. The worst that can happen is that MGM has no plans for the near future but is still suitably impressed with the passionate fans of its franchise and bears that in mind for future investments. That's the absolute worst thing that could happen and at this point the franchise is going through such a dark period that that's still not such a terrible thing.

I like to remind myself of two very basic things lately:

1.) Star Trek went through a dark age of its own and the continued passion of its fans proved it can't be stopped forever. Obviously Trek's a bigger franchise and a $150 million film isn't something Stargate will likely ever see, but it's a very similar situation with a pretty upbeat ending. Even if you despise the franchise it's something nice to reflect on.

2.) Stargate has seventeen seasons across three shows, two direct-to-DVD hits and the theatrical film that started it all under its belt, not to mention all the books, audio tapes, soundtrack albums, comics and figurines. We all have our favorite and least favorite portions of this huge story but it's mighty impressive it's come this far.
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                          Your posts of late have been rather inspirational, Eden. You're absolutely right; we need to keep supporting the franchise. The worst that can happen is that MGM has no plans for the near future but is still suitably impressed with the passionate fans of its franchise and bears that in mind for future investments. That's the absolute worst thing that could happen and at this point the franchise is going through such a dark period that that's still not such a terrible thing.

I like to remind myself of two very basic things lately:

1.) Star Trek went through a dark age of its own and the continued passion of its fans proved it can't be stopped forever. Obviously Trek's a bigger franchise and a $150 million film isn't something Stargate will likely ever see, but it's a very similar situation with a pretty upbeat ending. Even if you despise the franchise it's something nice to reflect on.

2.) Stargate has seventeen seasons across three shows, two direct-to-DVD hits and the theatrical film that started it all under its belt, not to mention all the books, audio tapes, soundtrack albums, comics and figurines. We all have our favorite and least favorite portions of this huge story but it's mighty impressive it's come this far.
                          and i agree.

but on one thing, i don't. THE worst thing to me is if sgu was continued, and ONLY sgu, with the movies being pushed even further back.

no matter how much we say we love this or that (series, character, etc), apathy can come into play, when new things aren't introduced to keep our interest.

how long has sg1 and atlantis been on the back burner? we, *the fans* are still wanting to see the movies, but what about the average, general fan? out of sight, out of mind? :/

things *need* to progress for the sg1/atlantis movies. not just for 'the fans', but the general public fan, that could be the key to keeping 'the franchise' alive.

i can't stress this enough.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

MGM sees stargate as stargate... so if SGU gets something new.. I dont SGA and SG-1 will be far behind.. and visa versa.
                            sigpic

Comment

and i agree.

but on one thing, i don't. THE worst thing to me is if sgu was continued, and ONLY sgu, with the movies being pushed even further back.

no matter how much we say we love this or that (series, character, etc), apathy can come into play, when new things aren't introduced to keep our interest.

how long has sg1 and atlantis been on the back burner? we, *the fans* are still wanting to see the movies, but what about the average, general fan? out of sight, out of mind? :/

things *need* to progress for the sg1/atlantis movies. not just for 'the fans', but the general public fan, that could be the key to keeping 'the franchise' alive.

i can't stress this enough.
                              Originally posted by major davis View Post
                              MGM sees stargate as stargate... so if SGU gets something new.. I dont SGA and SG-1 will be far behind.. and visa versa.
                              I do agree that MGM sees SG more as a whole. My gut feeling they would like to salvage the franchise, as it has made money for them for the last 15-17 years. And I don't think they can do that without SG1 and SGA.

While I understand why they are looking at SGU at the moment, I think for the franchise to survive they need to make the movies. To put the franchise to rest with the controversy/cancellation of SGU, and no SG1 ans SGA movies being produced will leave the franchise in a weakened, negative state with angry fans - it will always be a black cloud hanging over the franchise. Even BW has said one of the most frequent questions he gets is when are those movies going to be made. Even if MGM revives the franchise in 5 years the media will always bring up how SGU did in the ratings and how MGM couldn't make the movies for the most successful parts of the franchise. That can't be healthy for the future.

If the intent is to keep the franchise alive, I think a good senerio would be to finish SGU then keep the franchise alive with a SGA and SG1 movie. That way you keep the SG name out there, with new content you keep the cons, books, comics and other merchandise more profitable and work that into a new show. Otherwise you do have apathy set in - as it really already has in many cases.

Comment

Weekly Announcement 2.15.2011

FROM JOE MALLOZZI'S BLOG
                                Recent updates include this comment, "if and when we finally do get the green light, Brad has some wonderful surprises in store for fans of SGU (as well as fans of the Stargate franchise in general)."

A few days later a blog entry had this Q&A: "Does that fact that you referred to that script (Extinction) as “that script” mean it will never see the green light..?” Answer: "Not necessarily but, like I already said, the cancellation of SGU has stymied whatever progress the SGA script had made..."

More updates/links can be found on the Campaign FORUM:

While these blog entries may indicate the movies are unlikely to happen, the fact that MGM has not closed the book yet on the Stargate franchise is good news, and means there are still opportunitiues for SG1 and SGA.
                                We firmly believe that if there is a future for the Stargate Franchise it will need to include the SG1 and SGA movies. MGM may be considering the movies, or another production idea for continuing SGA/SG1 or no SGA/SG1 at all.

We should not give MGM a pass on these movies that fans were assured would be made!
                                Let's continue to fight for SGA and SG1 - let's make sure that MGM knows that fans have not forgotten about the movies and that the future of Stargate Franchise must include SG1 and SGA!!!

Favorite Episode Poster Contest

* We are extending the deadline for entries to Feb 24th *

What is your favorite episode of SG1 and/or SG1?
                                What is it about the episode that makes it your favorite..., the characters, the action, the team, the CGI, any special moments?
                                Make a 8X11 poster/collage of pictures or images or quotes from you fav episode.

There will be Two Categories:
                                SG1 Episodes
                                SGA Episodes

Please check the Contest PAGE for guidelines.

Video Contest

The subject of the video should be what you love about SG1 and SGA.
                                It could be about a character, space battles, villians, teamwork, etc.

Please check the Contest PAGE for guidelines

Deadline for entries is March 28, 2011

Tell MGM - Fans Want More Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis

1. Tweets of the Week:

@mgm_studios #Stargate fans want the #SG1 & #SGA MOVIES! Let's keep up the #fightforthegreenlight for more #StargateAtlantis & #SG1

@stargatecommand #Stargate fans want the #SG1 & #SGA MOVIES! Let's keep up the #fightforthegreenlight for more #StargateAtlantis & #SG1

2. Visit the MGM SGA PAGE and the MGM SG1 PAGE

3. Send a letter to MGM.

Info, sample letter and addresses at the Campaigns PAGE

4. Product of the Week:
                                Walmart Online has the full series set of both SGA and SG1 on sale - each show series is available for under $100.

A personal note from MarieWynn:

As some of you might have noticed, I have been missing from the campaign for a little while and thus been unable to update the website or keep up with Twitter and LiveJournal all that well. Unfortunately, a member of my family that is very near to my heart passed away and as such I have been taking the time to grieve and be with my family. I tell you this only so you know that my dedication to the campaign has not wavered in the slightest.

As life goes on after loss, so does my commitment to the campaign and to get these movies greenlit. I would like to personally thank each of you for your patience while I have been away. And I would also like to express my appreciation for my nomination to the Shorty Awards on Twitter for savestargate. The nomination came at a very hard time and it was very uplifting to know my Stargate family was thinking of me. Thank you again and be sure to check out the updates on the website, which will be fully updated by tomorrow!

When the going gets tough, Stargate fans Fight for the Greenlight,
                                Major Davis, MarieWynn, Eden SG

http://www.stargatemoviescampaign.com/
                                http://twitter.com/SGMovieCampaign
                                http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=331930378712
                                http://community.livejournal.com/sgmoviecampaign/
                                Last edited by EdenSG; 16 February 2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X