Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Extinction (Atlantis)

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    don't care for Jack/Sam. Vala won't be in the next movie. SG-1 is dead for me.
    Seconded.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
      Let's say there is only enough money for one movie and you had to decide between Atlantis and SG-1. Which one would you choose ?

1)Stargate: Revolution (SG-1)
      2)Stargate: Extinction (Atlantis)
      That is a tough choice, but I would chose SG-1 because it will be a classic SG-1 movie, pre-Season 9, and will be focused on O'neill.
      sigpic

Comment

The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be, SG1! Nuff Said!
        It's always suicide mission this, save the planet that. No one ever just stops by to say "Hi!" any more!
        - Gen. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Stargate: Revolution (SG-1).

BW said it's Jack-centered and N. John Smith said it's Sam-heavy. Sounds like my kind of movie.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mapsc View Post

BW said it's Jack-centered and N. John Smith said it's Sam-heavy. Sounds like my kind of movie.

Mike
            Ooh I must have missed the Sam heavy comment, Jack centred and Sam heavy? Sounds like a win to me
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              That is a tough choice, but I would chose SG-1 because it will be a classic SG-1 movie, pre-Season 9, and will be focused on O'neill.
              however I'd also choose the SG-1 movie
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                however I'd also choose the SG-1 movie
                You are wise oh Jumper one. But yeah we are on the same page. SG-1 is still my favorite of all 3 shows. It was O'neill and Carter that really won me over, oh and the cool trips through the Stargate of course.

I really miss classic Stargate, SGA was doing well with keeping that alive, but sadly, if these movies don't get made then magic that made Stargate so successful and just plain awesome will be gone.

LISTEN UP MGM, I GOT MONEY TO SPEND, MAKE THE MOVIES!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I'd choose the SG-1 movie. I was never really into SGA. And a Jack and Sam centered movie...a dream-come-ture
                  SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Let's see - Atlantis goes extinct, and SG1 does a revolution... mmm...

I hate Sam/Jack with a vengeance. Vala won't be in the third film. I loved season 10, and liked 9.

I'd have to say no to a SG1 longwinded episode.

So, Atlantis then... but I hate where they went with that show and how they ignored 3/4th of their characters in favor of the writer's favorite.

I'd have to say no to a longwinded episode of SGA.

Basically - neither.

They should just bury the franchise and let a generation or two from now rediscover it through a remake or something, which will probably be a lot more awesome as it could potentially be done in 3D. Now that I would like to see.

Also, seeing as it is still on the air (because I know someone will mention it), I don't care about nor do I watch SGU.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mapsc View Post

Mike
                      sounds great to me sam and jack heavy movie for the win!
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I'm going to surprise myself here and say SGA.

I never really cared for the characters and always thought SGA had some flaws. But there are still loose ends to be tied up. I want to know what they are going to do with Atlantis now (keep it on Earth? send it back to Pegasus?).

SG-1 was always my favorite of the two shows. Love the characters, love the team dynamic, love the actors. But I am not thrilled with what I've heard about the third movie, and I feel like Continuum was a fine conclusion to the series in many ways. I don't want to see them try to drag out SG-1 forever. So I would be fine if they didn't make another SG-1 movie.

With all that said, I'm more likely to buy an SG-1 movie than an SGA movie... but I feel like an SGA movie is more important for the franchise because it could resolve some issues and give Atlantis a proper ending. Basically, I think SGA deserves a movie, even if I personally don't care for the series.

I have very little faith in TPTB to produce a "classic team" story. Not because I doubt the writers' abilities, per se, but more because I feel like too much time has passed. You know what they say about trying to go home again?
                        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post

I have very little faith in TPTB to produce a "classic team" story. Not because I doubt the writers' abilities, per se, but more because I feel like too much time has passed. You know what they say about trying to go home again?
                          So, are you saying with SGU being on the producers brain they will have some bodacious closet sex scenes with Carter and O'neill?
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh Stargate Atlantis most definately!!!! I love SG-1, but I really enjoy SGA more, even if I didn't enjoy Season 5 quite as much as the others. I really didn't enjoy the whole McKeller thing at ALL. Season 5 needed no Keller and more Beckett. Besides, we need to see how and why they get Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Booklover View Post
                              Oh Stargate Atlantis most definately!!!! I love SG-1, but I really enjoy SGA more, even if I didn't enjoy Season 5 quite as much as the others. I really didn't enjoy the whole McKeller thing at ALL. Season 5 needed no Keller and more Beckett. Besides, we need to see how and why they get Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy.
                              I agree, since SGA did not get a proper ending, since it had the carpet swept from under their feet for no apparent reason but BW's desire to move onto a new series. They need some kind of closure or some kind of continuation to help close or move along the series. The Wraith are still out there, now with Atlantis out of the pegasus galaxy they could be getting even stronger again. You also have those rebel Asgard running around.
                              sigpic

Comment

I agree, since SGA did not get a proper ending, since it had the carpet swept from under their feet for no apparent reason but BW's desire to move onto a new series. They need some kind of closure or some kind of continuation to help close or move along the series. The Wraith are still out there, now with Atlantis out of the pegasus galaxy they could be getting even stronger again. You also have those rebel Asgard running around.
                                Wasn't it more of MGM then BW? Honestly looking at SG1 I don't think you solve all storylines and sadly that happens to almost every series out there. I'm still waiting for Starbuck's story in BSG to be finished
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X