Which movie to watch first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which movie to watch first?

this is prob a stupid question but which should i watch first ARK OF THE TRUTH or CONTINIUM ,.having just seen all of the last sg1 series 10?

Ark of Truth.

Comment

Ark of Truth takes place first.

If you happen to be watching Atlantis as well (concurrently with SG-1), it goes
      - 10.19 "Dominion"
      - 3.19 "Vengeance"
      - 10.20 "Unending"
      - The Ark of Truth
      - 3.20 "First Strike"

Continuum takes place a while later, immediately after Atlantis 5.01 "Search and Rescue".
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Continuum takes place a while later, immediately after Atlantis 5.01 "Search and Rescue".
        That's what I thought, but it doesn't really line up with Teal'c's () hair in Midway... Why did he cut it back like normal during the Continuum era?

For that reason, and a few others, I like to think Continuum happens before Season 4 of SGA. It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

But it is definitely after Season 10, and it could even be before Ark of Truth (it's a good way to remove the Ori from the picture).

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
          That's what I thought, but it doesn't really line up with Teal'c's () hair in Midway... Why did he cut it back like normal during the Continuum era?

For that reason, and a few others, I like to think Continuum happens before Season 4. It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.
          Hairstyle isn't a good judge

Spoiler for SAR and Continuum:
          Spoiler:
          At the end of "Search and Rescue", Sam says she's going back to Earth because the last Ba'al clone has been captured and she's going to be there for his trial. Which is exactly how "Continuum" starts.

It's really very clear that that's when "Continuum" takes place.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes, I know that, but I don't accept it
            I don't think it's like Carter to leave a job undone, for one..

I also just spotted a spelling error in the transcript for sar..

Spoiler:
            CARTER: They caught the last Ba'al clone. The Tok'Ra are going to extract the symbiont (?). They want SG-1 to put in an appearance.

It's a real word and it means the same thing, but I don't think they've ever used that term.

Comment

I don't think so either....

But that's most definitely where Continuum happens

Comment

Spoiler:
                CARTER: They caught the last Ba'al clone. The Tok'Ra are going to extract the symbiont (?). They want SG-1 to put in an appearance.

It's a real word and it means the same thing, but I don't think they've ever used that term.
                digi is totally right.

sigpic
                Sig made by squirrely1
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

The reason of CJ's hair is canon vs reality. Canon speaking Continuum takes place after Search anr Rescure. Realasticly they were filmed at the beginning of SGA S4 and when Midway came around CJ's hair had been grown out for another project
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:

She wouldn't have a choice in the matter.

Comment

once again thanks to all,.i love this.

Comment

For that reason, and a few others, I like to think Continuum happens before Season 4 of SGA. It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

But it is definitely after Season 10, and it could even be before Ark of Truth (it's a good way to remove the Ori from the picture).
                        Because he wanted to.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Technically, if you wanted to, couldn't Continuum come before AoT? Meaning, would it fit in canonically if it were made before AoT and First Strike, yet after Unending? Obviously it wasn't made to be this way- but are there any inconsistencies that would prevent this?

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Spoiler:

Sam was also going back to earth for her one year review by the IOA, as well as to be a witness at the removal of Ba'al's symbiote. She's on her way to the gateroom when she runs into Rodney, who is taking flowers to Teyla, and he asks where she's going. So her return to earth has a dual purpose at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

If you happen to be watching Atlantis as well (concurrently with SG-1), it goes
                              - 10.19 "Dominion"
                              - 3.19 "Vengeance"
                              - 10.20 "Unending"
                              - The Ark of Truth
                              - 3.20 "First Strike"

Are you sure thats right? We know the Apollo's first mission was to deliver the Horizon weapons platform to the Asuran homeworld...In Ark of Truth we see Colonel Ellis on view screen informing Landry that 4 Ori motherships just entered the solar system...which means AOT would have had to of taken place after first strike...unless of course, the Apollo's trip to Pegasus wasn't its first mission...

Comment

Working...
                              X