No announcement yet.

Which movie to watch first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AoT has to take place before First Strike to account for Carter being on the midway station during it... I think, something like that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      AoT has to take place before First Strike to account for Carter being on the midway station during it... I think, something like that anyway.
      i thought of that too and the only thing i can come up with is Apollo's trip to Pegasus wasn't its first mission...

Comment

To be fair, I'd avoid AoT all together
        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

(although of course it gets a massive score on Gateworld, presumably "because it's Stargate" )

Comment

I liked Ark of Truth more than I liked Continuum.

And I believe that the reason for AoT taking place before "First Strike" has to do with the Odyssey not being there for "First Strike". But I can't remember offhand whether that's because it's still in the Ori galaxy, or being repaired after the on-ship incident in AoT (without spoiling it for the OP of this thread).
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
              (although of course it gets a massive score on Gateworld, presumably "because it's Stargate" )
              Either that, or just because of how good it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                Either that, or just because of how good it is.
                Sorry mate but this has been discussed elsewhere; there's a significant tendency amongst fans to automagically rate everything highly. Continuum is a case in point - it's just a far too convoluted, anti-climatic film, yet gets a glowing A* report card. AoT however had plenty of merit and deserves (imo) a solid 6 or 7 out of ten as a film, regardless of it being Stargate. As a Stargate film, it's an 8/10 for me. Continuum getting a 5/10 from me. Each to their own of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                  Sorry mate but this has been discussed elsewhere; there's a significant tendency amongst fans to automagically rate everything highly. Continuum is a case in point - it's just a far too convoluted, anti-climatic film, yet gets a glowing A* report card. AoT however had plenty of merit and deserves (imo) a solid 6 or 7 out of ten as a film, regardless of it being Stargate. As a Stargate film, it's an 8/10 for me. Continuum getting a 5/10 from me. Each to their own of course.
                  That's the thing though, both films (though certainly AoT in particular) aren't so much independent films as they are resolution of ongoing stories from the TV series. Evaluating them as independent entities isn't really a fair evaluation at all.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                  X