No announcement yet.

Will cam even be in the 3rd movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would imagine that Teal'c has taken his rightful place as leader of the Jaffa Nation along with Bra'tec. That would leave Cam, Daniel, and Vala on SG-1 with a new science officer to replace Carter. Of course the ptb might not want SG-1 to be so different now, but that is the logical configuration imo.

And to be on topic I hope Cam's in the new movie!

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      I would imagine that Teal'c has taken his rightful place as leader of the Jaffa Nation along with Bra'tec. That would leave Cam, Daniel, and Vala on SG-1 with a new science officer to replace Carter. Of course the ptb might not want SG-1 to be so different now, but that is the logical configuration imo.

And to be on topic I hope Cam's in the new movie!
      Bare in mind the 'SG1 movies' are actually 'Stargate' movies. There's no need for our original gang to even BE on SG1 anymore.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        Bare in mind the 'SG1 movies' are actually 'Stargate' movies. There's no need for our original gang to even BE on SG1 anymore.
        True, but I see no reason why Cam and Daniel, or even Vala wouldn't still be on SG-1. Cam is in the Military so it wouldn't really be his choice, The only place Daniel would want to be besides SG-1 would be Atlantis, and why would Vala want to leave? They could say she was still with Ba'al's host, but he probably needs a psychiatrist more than anything.

Perfecto!

Comment

True, but I see no reason why Cam and Daniel, or even Vala wouldn't still be on SG-1. Cam is in the Military so it wouldn't really be his choice, The only place Daniel would want to be besides SG-1 would be Atlantis, and why would Vala want to leave? They could say she was still with Ba'al's host, but he probably needs a psychiatrist more than anything.
          I'd say the Ba'al's host thing is a perfect escape for Vala/Black from the movie if the writers or the actress need it. The trauma would be significant, and Vala is uniquely qualified to help there.

As for Cam, well I imagine he would still be commanding SG1.

So it's just Daniel really... and frankly now, I can imagine him spending all his time on Atlantis after EatG.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I would imagine that Teal'c has taken is rightful place as leader of the Jaffa Nation along with Bra'tec. That would leave Cam, Daniel, and Vala on SG-1 with a new science officer to replace Carter. Of course the ptb might not want SG-1 to be so different now, but that is the logical configuration imo.
            Whoa! Lightbulb moment! Okay, we know Vala isn't there and we don't know that Cam will be there. We do know that Jack will be there and that contracts seem to be in the works for Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, and Chris Judge. We do know that Sam will be taking command of the General Hammond, and therefore not on SG-1 as of the time she takes the promotion.

What if this movie takes place in a time that Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c are not on SG-1... That would fully explain Vala and (perhaps) Cam's absence. They are on SG-1 and are doing SG-1 things!
            An original team story isn't necessarily an SG-1 story. I'm pretty sure they can get in a heap of trouble without patches on their sleeves...

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
              Whoa! Lightbulb moment! Okay, we know Vala isn't there and we don't know that Cam will be there. We do know that Jack will be there and that contracts seem to be in the works for Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, and Chris Judge. We do know that Sam will be taking command of the General Hammond, and therefore not on SG-1 as of the time she takes the promotion.

What if this movie takes place in a time that Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c are not on SG-1... That would fully explain Vala and (perhaps) Cam's absence. They are on SG-1 and are doing SG-1 things!
              An original team story isn't necessarily an SG-1 story. I'm pretty sure they can get in a heap of trouble without patches on their sleeves...
              That would be a good reason to keep Cam and Vala out of the movie, except that I really want Cam be in it. I keep getting this feeling like BW wants to only use the original cast and will just forget about them like Dogget and Reyes in the new X-Files movie. Not that I minded them forgetting about Reyes, I just don't want them to do that to Cam and Vala.

Perfecto!

Comment

That would be a good reason to keep Cam and Vala out of the movie, except that I really want Cam be in it. I keep getting this feeling like BW wants to only use the original cast and will just forget about them like Dogget and Reyes in the new X-Files movie. Not that I minded them forgetting about Reyes, I just don't want them to do that to Cam and Vala.
                We've had two movies with the original team. Would it really be such a bad thing to have one with the original team? Yoou really can't go for an original team shoe with the new mambers there. Vala would definately skew the dynamic, and I kind of think Cam would, too--especially in terms of the banter between Jack and Daniel. At best, he would be sidelined for big chunks of dialogue.

Comment

Yeah I see what you mean about the dynamics of the new team versus the old team, but I still think it wouldn't be right if Cam wasn't there, even though I'd take the old team over the new team any day of the week.

Perfecto!

Comment

Yeah I see what you mean about the dynamics of the new team versus the old team, but I still think it wouldn't be right if Cam wasn't there, even though I'd take the old team over the new team any day of the week.
                    What if Cam was there leading SG1, whilst Teal'c, Daniel, and O'Neill were on board a ship commanded by Carter? Not as SG1 if you follow...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Lol! The dichotomy of emotion must unbearable!
                      You agree about the dynamics, and prefer the old team, but still don't want Cam not there... Uh....

I would probably feel the same if I though that they were going to remove Cam from SG-1, but I really don't think that's what they have in mind. They just want to have some fun playing with the interaction of the old team--which was very good fun! It's no slight to the new team. They like them fine, or they wouldn't have made two movies with them.

What if Cam was there leading SG1, whilst Teal'c, Daniel, and O'Neill were on board a ship commanded by Carter? Not as SG1 if you follow...
                      I'm thinking you nailed it...

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        Yeah that's probably how they'll do it if Cam isn't in the film, and I'd really have no problem with it, but... I don't know I still would rather have Cam in than out. I'm not even particularly a fan of Cam, I just think he deserves to be in the film.

Perfecto!

Comment

I'm not even particularly a fan of Cam, I just think he deserves to be in the film.
                          I really don't understand the notion of 'deserves'. It's not like Cam is being courtmartialed. You don't put characters in if they aren't going to have anything to do. An actor wouldn't even want to be in a movie where they had nothing to do. The story has to come first, and they seem to have a pretty clear idea of the story they want to tell. And it's not like Cam got short shrift in Continuum.

Comment

I really don't understand the notion of 'deserves'. It's not like Cam is being courtmartialed. You don't put characters in if they aren't going to have anything to do. An actor wouldn't even want to be in a movie where they had nothing to do. The story has to come first, and they seem to have a pretty clear idea of the story they want to tell. And it's not like Cam got short shrift in Continuum.
                            All true... I guess I just don't like the idea of trying to recapture the past. I mean I'm glad its going to be Jack centric since he is my favorite character, but that doesn't mean we have to forget the last two seasons of the show does it?

Perfecto!

Comment

All true... I guess I just don't like the idea of trying to recapture the past. I mean I'm glad its going to be Jack centric since he is my favorite character, but that doesn't mean we have to forget the last two seasons of the show does it?
                              I don't see it as trying to recapture anything. All of these people have been through a lot since they last were in a dangerous situation together (with the exception of the Shroud, or course). How will they relate to each other? How will they have changed? What will they think of the changes they see in each other? Will they still be able to work together, or will there be friction? There is a lot to explore there, outside the adventure aspects of the plot. There will be humorous banter of course, and Daniel is a whole lot more sharp with the sarcasm than he used to be! Should be interesting!

Comment

I don't see it as trying to recapture anything. All of these people have been through a lot since they last were in a dangerous situation together (with the exception of the Shroud, or course). How will they relate to each other? How will they have changed? What will they think of the changes they see in each other? Will they still be able to work together, or will there be friction? There is a lot to explore there, outside the adventure aspects of the plot. There will be humorous banter of course, and Daniel is a whole lot more sharp with the sarcasm than he used to be! Should be interesting!
                                Let's hope so!

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                                X