Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Looks around*

and raises hand in the air

"ooooh ....ME ME ME"

You say that like it's a bad thing........
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I've heard from a German fan that Rober Picardo said on a German con that they will begin to shot the Atlantis movie in October. This is encouraging, isn't it?
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by txTart View Post
        Uh. 'Scuse me. Could someone hand me a barf bag?
        *Hands txTart a barf bag*

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Very likely. But at the same time when JM mentions relationships its talking about platonic ones and romantic ones.

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
        the first time I read ANY mention of THAT *shudders* particular pairing (Keller and McKay) I will run SCREAMING away in terror!
        With how S5 ended (Both the final scene in 'Enemy at the Gate' and the focus McKeller had in the second half of the season) I think it'll be expecting too much for the relationship to not get a scene in the movie. I just hope it's minimal.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        I've heard from a German fan that Rober Picardo said on a German con that they will begin to shot the Atlantis movie in October. This is encouraging, isn't it?
        Until an official statement is made I'm going to take that as actor speculation but it does sound like a time frame that filming could start for the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
          *Hands txTart a barf bag*

*wipes mouth* Thank you.
          sigpic

Comment

Jennie writes: “In the Atlantis movie, is there any chance for a romantic partner for Sheppard?”

Answer: Oh, sure, nothing is impossible.

Platschu writes: [...] 4. Do MGM and the writers plan to make a second Atlantis and fourth SG-1 movie next year after the shooting of the second season of SG:U at autumn-winter, or do you have to DVD sales number of the second wave?

[...] 4. It’s way too early to tell. As of now, we’re only concentrating on the two movies on deck.

Dankriss writes: “Only one comment why did the guys change the ‘old’ sets…”

Answer: We have a limited amount of stage space and it doesn’t make sense to pay rent on a stage holding a set we may or may not use.

I Need Coffee writes: “Now that both SGU and SGA are “off-air”, are there any plans to publish any of the scripts of the series?”

Answer: I’m unaware of any plans to do so. Sorry.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...omic-round-up/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Update:

Looby writes: “So with Atlantis being based on earth at the moment, are you saying that they won’t be using the SGC Gateroom at any time in the movie or is the SGA movie back on the shelf?”

Answer: I’m saying neither. Just because the SGC isn’t there now doesn’t mean it can’t be for the movie. As for the SGA movie - full steam ahead!

Daniel Willis writes: “I have no idea if this question has been asked, but is the SGA movie set straight after the series finale?”

Answer: Yes, it is.

AndreaFWhite writes: “Hello Joe, can you answer my question about whether Torren or Kanaan will be in the SGA movie?”

Answer: Yes, they will.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/

Comment

Update:

F-fae-Glasgow writes: “You have probably answered this before however, has the SGA gate become the main gate for Earth?”

Answer: This question will be answered in the SGA movie.

MightyStarGazer writes: “So Joe, will we Wraith Fans *waves to Das* ever know more about them? Will we ever learn if they do have a homebase-planet, if the kiddie-wraiths are born or hatched or both (well, except for the drones, obviously they are hatched), and *blush* if the wraiths are… hrmm… compatible, with humans…?”

Answer: Hopefully this is something we could explore in a future Atlantis movie.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cJ8zK7ceQ

^trailer?
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    You would think people would get tired on showing that fake Youtube clip
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, I'm glad that people haven't gotten tired of showing this fake clip because I didn't know it existed and find it more entertaining than much of Season 5.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                        Well, I'm glad that people haven't gotten tired of showing this fake clip because I didn't know it existed and find it more entertaining than much of Season 5.
                        A bit of a stretch, but the video is kind of funny.

I hope the SGA movie doesn't just pop back into the Pegasus galaxy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          A bit of a stretch, but the video is kind of funny.
                          No, it's not a bit of a stretch for me because I have no interest in re-watching much of Season 5, but I can see watching this clip again.

I hope the SGA movie does just pop back into the Pegasus galaxy and that there is minimal... very, very minimal non-regular SGA elements. I think it was a huge mistake for TPTB to have Atlantis land on Earth and hope they minimize the damage by not focusing on Earth events much in the movie.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

I think there will be some Earth time in the movie. The destruction of the Ancient control chair from Antarctica in the finale means that Atlantis is not only the most powerful piece of Ancient tech on Earth but the only Ancient weapons platform as well. I cannot see the I.O.A being willing to let Atlantis just go back to the Pegasus, while the city is on Earth it will be easier to get people in to study all the different Ancient tech and explore the city with more man power.

Even if it is only mentioned on-screen I think there should be some conflict about Atlantis leaving Earth now they have the city here.

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                            I hope the SGA movie does just pop back into the Pegasus galaxy and that there is minimal... very, very minimal non-regular SGA elements. I think it was a huge mistake for TPTB to have Atlantis land on Earth and hope they minimize the damage by not focusing on Earth events much in the movie.
                            Bringing Atlantis back to Earth in the finale was a cool full-circle from the city leaving for the Pegasus 'Several million years ago' shown in 'Rising'. Ending the series like that was a good move (IMO), things could have been better with 'Enemy at the Gate' but that is one thing I like about it.

Comment

Agreed. Carter's line, "Atlantis is coming home." or something like that, was one of the coolest lines in the show, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by txTart View Post
                                Uh. 'Scuse me. Could someone hand me a barf bag?
                                Hand me one too, please!

Too much unbelievable Keller/Mckay crap will really ruin the movie for me. It certainly did for those eps of season 5.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X