Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major D. Davis write: “Oh and for the Atlantis movie release I think what I really meant was how long will you think post will be?”

Answer: Unable to say at this point. It’s all dependent on when the movie is shot and how VFX-heavy it is. In its present incarnation, the script boasts a lot of visual effects.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
      *shhhhhhhh*, don't give them any additional bad ideas.

Although, in the unlikely event that there's more than one SGA movie, I'm sure they'll find a way to add both the SG-1 and the SGU cast - and give them the majority of the scene time.
      Of course! We all know TPTB (and most of SG's fanbase) think pretty low of SGA. I can just see those SG1 and potential SGU fans drooling over such an opportunity. Good thing there's only the devoted SGA fans like us to fight against this happening.

*sarcasm off!!!!!!!!!*
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
        Of course! We all know TPTB (and most of SG's fanbase) think pretty low of SGA. I can just see those SG1 and potential SGU fans drooling over such an opportunity. Good thing there's only the devoted SGA fans like us to fight against this happening.

*sarcasm off!!!!!!!!!*
        We are the only beacon of hope in a world dark with despair.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post

*sarcasm off!!!!!!!!!*
          Coronach, you appear to have overlooked that my post reflects my opinion, so please allow me to make a few edits to your post:

IMO, "[snip] TPTB [snip] think pretty low of SGA. [and more snips]"

There, that's better. Please carry on, if you wish.

*sarcasm neither on nor off*
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Everyone see the Amanda interview over there on the main page? Good stuff. She mentioned her part is the SGA film being more of a Cameo.

Edited to respond to the page after page of negativity i read after posting, lol.

I think some of the hold up has been money, which isnt suprising considering the economy. However, Scifi and MGM are footing the bill and they have 1) season 5's stellar ratings 2) sgu and sg1-3's greenlighting and production 3) presales for season 5's dvds and 4) ratings for the first 2 movies airings on Syfy

Frankly we should be super-optimistic. Im ready to start speculating on SGA movie two now actually.
            Last edited by kymeric; 29 April 2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              She mentioned her part is the SGA film being more of a Cameo.
              Good.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Good.
                Well she does have a history with atlantis, shes a part of the show from season 1's letters from pegasus. But unless shes specifically called back in for some techy reason, or the crew hitches a ride on the Hammond somewhere theres not really much of a reason for her to be there.

Although it would be kool with a Movie based around some sort of lost story from Sams year as commander. Or maybe have her coordinating with Earths CnC like in EatG.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  Well she does have a history with atlantis, shes a part of the show from season 1's letters from pegasus. But unless shes specifically called back in for some techy reason, or the crew hitches a ride on the Hammond somewhere theres not really much of a reason for her to be there.
                  She's not really a part of the show IMO. TPTB have tried to wedge her in on a regular basis, but she never really fit IMO.

At least it's just a cameo.

Comment

You can't get more "part of the show" than being one of the main characters, though.

Comment

I do my best to forget that ever happened.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Belouchi writes: “1. After the events of Enemy at the gates, all three earth ships were diabled after the battle with the super hive…. however we don’t know what happened to the Sun tzu…. will it be salvaged or written off like the Korolev?
                        2. Joe, out of all the planets in the Pegasus galaxy with a stargate or mentioned in the Ancient Atlantis database… what would you say the percentage of them visitied by the team through the five seasons?”

Answers: 1. The Sun Tzu is still out there.
                        2. Roughly…mmm…I don’t know. I’d imagine that, over the course of the expedition’s five year stay in the Pegasus Galaxy, they maybe got around to exploring 10% of the gated worlds “in the Ancient database”. If the show had been picked up for 45 more seasons like we’d planned, then they could’ve explored them all.

Ruffles writes: “ 1. How much time has passed since Enemy at the Gate?
                        2. Why is the team split up?
                        3. Any good scenes with Sheppard and Todd or Ronon and Todd?
                        4. Will our favorite supporting characters (Lorne and Zelenka) be featured?
                        5. Any Shep whump? (Come on! We’re dying here!)
                        6. Will any SG-1 or SGU characters be involved?
                        7. Any details on when production might start?”

Answers: 1. Well, it aired January 9th, so almost three months. Oh, if you’re wondering about in relation to SGU - maybe days. And if you’re wondering in relation to the Atlantis movie - maybe a week.
                        2. The explanation is too long and involved for this blog. It might be easier if I just sent you a copy of the script.
                        3. “Good” is such a relative term. For instance, my wife insists that, over the course of her life, she has enjoyed a “good” kiwi - something I find very hard to believe. Do I think there is a good Sheppard and Todd or Ronon and Todd scene (or scenes) in the movie? Yeah, I do.
                        4. Yep. Both will be making significant contributions.
                        5. Yep.
                        6. Nope.

AnneTeldy writes: “[...] 2. Some time ago, you mentioned a very slight possibility that Major Anne Teldy and team would be in the movie. Will I they be?”

Answers: [...] 2. Alas, they won’t be in the Atlantis movie. Maybe the next one?

TBA writes: “Regarding the SGA movie: is there any chance the Genii and Ladon Radim might pop up?”

Answer: Nope.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...he-syfy-slant/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

OMG JM is Rude...........
                          Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

LOL, how is that rude?
                            Last edited by PG15; 29 April 2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

5. Any Shep whump? (Come on! We’re dying here!)

5. Yep.
                              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Whumpers.

Comment

Working...
                                X