Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
    yeah i know that but some people think sgu failing will brink back sga or that it should bring back sga.i have been saying since i joined this forum that the fate of the stargate franchise lies with sgu now.
    It does. I have said that with SGA they have been up in profits likely. Now they want to let it ride, all on the pass line, double or nothing. It is a huge risk. Not only will the SGA movie be effected but so will the SG-1 movie. I am really looking forward to the 3rd SG-1 movie.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      It does. I have said that with SGA they have been up in profits likely. Now they want to let it ride, all on the pass line, double or nothing. It is a huge risk. Not only will the SGA movie be effected but so will the SG-1 movie. I am really looking forward to the 3rd SG-1 movie.
      me to im excited for both movies and have no problem waiting for them to come out.and something just came to me...if AOT and continuum hadnt been made so quickly...would there be so much panix over the sga movie being so slow to get made?

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
        me to im excited for both movies and have no problem waiting for them to come out.and something just came to me...if AOT and continuum hadnt been made so quickly...would there be so much panix over the sga movie being so slow to get made?
        I think it is the economy and SGU. Launching a new series takes more time and effort than another season of an established show.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it is the economy and SGU. Launching a new series takes more time and effort than another season of an established show.
          well thats wat i think it is to...but i also think fans are panicking more about it because sg1's movies were done very quickly and sga is months away from happening.but i could be wrong

Comment

Major D. Davis writes: “[...] 2. When will we get more news on the Atlantis Movie?[...]

Answers: [...] 2. Hopefully within the month. [...]

Masterchief writes: “Will SGU’s performance influence the production of the movies, especially the Atlantis movie?”

Answer: SGU’s performance has no connection to the Atlantis movie. If it did, then that would mean we wouldn’t be shooting the movie until 2010 since there is talk of SGU premiering in the fall.

Belouchi writes: “1. Do you think with these current hard economic times that Project Twilight will be the last Atlantis movie? [...]

Answer: 1. I’m confident that if the movie is successful, we’ll do more. [...]

Atlantisjoefan writes: “1. Any news or thoughts about when it’ll be filming?
            2. Is Todd going to be in the film? I love the relationship between Todd and Sheppard.”

Answers: 1. There was initial talk of a summer shoot but, given the tight scheduling, fall looks more likely. 2. Yes, he will.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

JJ writes: “And if SGA movie will be filming in this fall, which mean both SG1 and SGA movie will release in 2010, right?”

Answer: A 2010 release was always the most likely scenario.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...s-the-mailbag/
              sigpic

Comment

My Name Is Scott writes: “Will the Atlantis movie take place during it’s time of release, or will it take place prior to SGU?”

Answer: Both the events of the SGA movie and the events of the SGU premiere take place “around the same time period”.

Belouchi writes: “I see your point in why it won’t make much financial sense, but given the fact that project twilight is in fact a big budget two parter episode of around $7million USD, I presumed that your marketing department had much more manuverability with respect to what channels they would use to get the product aware. I also thought about the idea since the SG1 movies seemed to rely heavily on advertisement since it was a direct to DVD product and the generated sales incurred would be crucial. Was I wrong?”

Answer: No, you’re not wrong. However, only a certain amount is budgeted for marketing and, rather than spend it on webisodes that reach a comparatively smaller audience of fans who already know about the show, we would be better served reaching out to potential new fans through other means.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hunky-mailbag/
                sigpic

Comment

Apparently the actors truly don't know what goes on behind production doors, since Jason M said SGU would be a prequel, and Joe M confirmed the SGA movie takes place around the same time as the events of SGU.

So whatever an actor says at a con, please take it with a grain of salt.
                  sigpic

Comment

Apparently the actors truly don't know what goes on behind production doors, since Jason M said SGU would be a prequel, and Joe M confirmed the SGA movie takes place around the same time as the events of SGU.

So whatever an actor says at a con, please take it with a grain of salt.
                    Or even in an interview, see RL's interview with GW in which she said SGU performance would influence the SGA, which J.M. denied... *sighs*

J.
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

And whatever JM says should also be taken with a grain of salt... make that a mountain.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        And whatever JM says should also be taken with a grain of salt... make that a mountain.
                        Actually he is a producer so I take his word over the actors anyday, unless they are like RDA who was an executive producer at the time when SG-1 aired.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually he is a producer so I take his word over the actors anyday, unless they are like RDA who was an executive producer at the time when SG-1 aired.
                          And knowing how his word has been over the course of Atlantis run, you have to excuse me for taking it with a mountain of salt.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So we can't trust anyone anymore. No. *sniff*

Good point FH. Yeah, well, still positive thoughts, positive thoughts... I'll send them to all of you and TPTB. Maybe, I'll overdo it and tomorrow they'll announce that they uncancelled SGA.

Comment

And knowing how his word has been over the course of Atlantis run, you have to excuse me for taking it with a mountain of salt.
                              I'll take JM's word with a whole lot of salt too and based on past experience, I'm much more inclined to believe the actors than the producers.

In this case, I don't think JM is lying, but I do believe he is spinning - and I don't fault him for that because it's his job to try to keep fans interested. However, what I am concerned about is the fact that he still hasn't gotten beyond the outline stage of the SGA movie script.

How is it that BW and Carl Binder are much further along on the third SG-1 movie script (didn't I hear that they've finished it?) than JM is on the Atlantis movie script? Afterall, according to him, after SGA was cancelled, he didn't make any major changes to EatG *and* he said he had plans to carry the EatG events through the first few episodes of Season 6, so what's taking him so long to translate that to a movie script?

Although I haven't seen any of the SG-1 movies yet, I've heard that they are basically 2-part episodes, so given that JM said he already had the beginning of Season 6 planned out, he should have finished the Atlantis movie by now. I would like to know what's the hold up? He can't be busier than BW and CB are, so I'm wondering if those above JM put a higher priority on allowing for time to finish the SG-1 script.

Unfortunately, I don't expect to ever hear the full story for the delay, so in the meantime, I'll continue to be pessimistic, until I hear something more concrete than positive spin from JM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

I think M&M are too busy on that ***** SGU thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X