Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Movies - Stand alones or story builders?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh for crying out loud!

We need 3 things for a new SG-1 movie.

1) ORIGINALITY! We need something unexpected and new!

2) Furlings. I want to know!

3) Cake. There has to be cake!

Easy isn't it? I just did the hard part, now all you guys have to do is make it!

Comment

so....Christopher Judge has stated that if all goes well (i.e., Stargate: Continuum sells well), the third Stargate SG-1 movie, written by Brad Wright, will begin filming in January 2009.

and...Wright’s response to the question about when people on Earth will find out about the Stargate: “Finding out about the Stargate has been a story that has always been at the back of my mind as a potential, big thing we could do, and I think it’s a big enough story to save it for a movie. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint.”
      sigpic
      100 million light years away from earth:
      Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

Yup. Stand-alone stories that advance the Stargate story.
        Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Oh hell yes. If this is true its gonna be really cool. they could add conflicts between the countries because the whole world will see that the US has massive battleships that could destroy cities. people could start riots! oh this'll be cool
          There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by shivna View Post
            so....Christopher Judge has stated that if all goes well (i.e., Stargate: Continuum sells well), the third Stargate SG-1 movie, written by Brad Wright, will begin filming in January 2009.

and...Wright’s response to the question about when people on Earth will find out about the Stargate: “Finding out about the Stargate has been a story that has always been at the back of my mind as a potential, big thing we could do, and I think it’s a big enough story to save it for a movie. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint.”
            Where did you aquire this information? If it's true, then I think it should absolutely happen.
            Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

I really enjoy the standalone movies, you just sit down and watch it, you don't have to remember what happened in the earlier episodes.

But I would like to see, dare I say, a movie....... that takes us in to the thrid series.

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
                Where did you aquire this information? If it's true, then I think it should absolutely happen.
                go onto the Stargate MGM website, go into the NEW Videos section, and watch the "Along the Continuum With Brad Wright" videos, on one of them he mentions the revelation of the stargate programme to the world is a big enough story to save it for a movie, then says "hint hint hint"

i really hope that happens. i hope its due to some kind of alien attack, ie. the Aschen. or some such. It would make a great movie. either way whatever happens im glad we're getting a 3rd movie
                "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                Woolsey: What does that mean?
                O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Thanks.
                  Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

if TPTB decide to let the world know about the SG program, would that include Atlantis??
                    if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

well Christopher Judge mentioned it when he was interviewed at play.com and MGM interviewed Wright
                      sigpic
                      Doh!

Comment

If it starts filming in 2009, then it would most likely come out around 2010. Now I know that Brad Wright's favorite script of Sg-1 is 2010 that involved the Aschen. I would be surprised if they weren't back for the third SG-1 movie. The Aschen were a cool badguy.

Comment

Originally posted by jumper2 View Post
                          If it starts filming in 2009, then it would most likely come out around 2010. Now I know that Brad Wright's favorite script of Sg-1 is 2010 that involved the Aschen. I would be surprised if they weren't back for the third SG-1 movie. The Aschen were a cool badguy.
                          and its not like they were killed off. To me it seems like sg1 pissed them off and they are secretly planning our demise
                          sigpic
                          Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by shivna View Post
                            and its not like they were killed off. To me it seems like sg1 pissed them off and they are secretly planning our demise
                            That's why that story needs to be revisited. What the hell have they been doing for the past 6 or 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jumper2 View Post
                              That's why that story needs to be revisited. What the hell have they been doing for the past 6 or 7 years.
                              The problem with the Aschen is, that SG-1 gave them coordinates to a stargate close to a black hole, so before they would realize what happened, it would be to late.
                              I think it would be cool to revisit that alien ship Sam and the Prometheus came across that clearly showed the technological superiority over the battlecruiser.
                              Or they could do a backdoor pilot for Stargate Universe where SG-1 discovers what the 9th chevron is about and goes to find out along with another team that would the focus of that new series.

Comment

I want the Furlings to come find us.

How about Bermuda triangle is really a cloaked Ancient/ Furling/ Nox city.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X