Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Actually Buying TAoT and later Continuum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zonks View Post
    I'm am totally going to buy TAoT when it is released in england on the first day April 14th which is in...um i don't know the date today but its in about .....11 days i think and i'm definitly getting Coninuum on DVD to.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the UK release has been pushed back to the 28th.

Comment

Buying the movies ensures there will be more to come in the future. I for one buy the DVD sets and now AoT and I will buy Continuum and anything else the franchise aims at my forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by xspertone View Post
        Buying the movies ensures there will be more to come in the future. I for one buy the DVD sets and now AoT and I will buy Continuum and anything else the franchise aims at my forehead.
        Same here.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          IMHO quality. The picture quality was better and it was more affordable.
          The format war is over, damn it, why continue this propaganda sh**??

The picture quality of HD DVD was not better than Blu-Ray. Period. Fact, not opinion. Blu-Ray has the exact same techincal specs as far as video goes - same resolution, same codecs - except it has a higher bitrate capacity (which means, theoretically, Blu-Ray can have better quality video than HD DVD ever could - but that's not the point). There is no way technically possible that HD DVD would achieve better video quality than Blu-Ray using the same source and encoding. Again, these are facts. It is not up to personal preference or opinion.

grumble... I thought we were done with this crap now...
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Very excited TAoT comes out in Australia on Wednesday.
            Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by ebethman
            Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
            Originally posted by Bray
            *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
              The format war is over, damn it, why continue this propaganda sh**??

The picture quality of HD DVD was not better than Blu-Ray. Period. Fact, not opinion. Blu-Ray has the exact same techincal specs as far as video goes - same resolution, same codecs - except it has a higher bitrate capacity (which means, theoretically, Blu-Ray can have better quality video than HD DVD ever could - but that's not the point). There is no way technically possible that HD DVD would achieve better video quality than Blu-Ray using the same source and encoding. Again, these are facts. It is not up to personal preference or opinion.

grumble... I thought we were done with this crap now...
              Actually that is opinion.The only reason Blu Ray won was because Sony refused to let any of their movies be made on HDDVD.

Comment

Actually that is opinion.
                No. Everything I wrote was based on hard facts. End of story.

Comment

No. Everything I wrote was based on hard facts. End of story.
                  If it is fact, lets see some sources.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
                    Very excited TAoT comes out in Australia on Wednesday.
                    Cool, I was going to buy a copy here for a friend in Australia. But if they are going to release it this quickly then I won't get it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      If it is fact, lets see some sources.
                      My source is anywhere that lists the basic specs of HD DVD and BluRay. Look it up anywhere. Saying that BluRay doesn't have the same (or better) potential for picture quality as HD DVD is like insisting that someone telling you the sky is blue is a liar because in your opinion the sky is pink.

Comment

My source is anywhere that lists the basic specs of HD DVD and BluRay. Look it up anywhere. Saying that BluRay doesn't have the same (or better) potential for picture quality as HD DVD is like insisting that someone telling you the sky is blue is a liar because in your opinion the sky is pink.
                        Considering I own an HDDVD player I disagree.

Comment

Considering I own an HDDVD player I disagree.
                          *sigh*

You disagree with what? That the specs are what they are? Because that's all I've been trying to tell you.

Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray can have a resolution of 1080p. Right or wrong? (Hint: It's right.)
                          Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray support codecs MPEG-2, VC-1 and AVC. Right or wrong? (Hint: It's right.)

In other words, the two formats do exactly the same thing as far as picture quality goes. You say you own an HDDVD player. Good for you. I'm sure it gives you beautiful picture quality when watching movies. But to say that Blu-Ray can't do the same, is nothing short of an outright lie.

Comment

*sigh*

You disagree with what? That the specs are what they are? Because that's all I've been trying to tell you.

Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray can have a resolution of 1080p. Right or wrong? (Hint: It's right.)
                            Both HD DVD and Blu-Ray support codecs MPEG-2, VC-1 and AVC. Right or wrong? (Hint: It's right.)

In other words, the two formats do exactly the same thing as far as picture quality goes. You say you own an HDDVD player. Good for you. I'm sure it gives you beautiful picture quality when watching movies. But to say that Blu-Ray can't do the same, is nothing short of an outright lie.
                            But you said Blu Ray was superior which you just stated it wasn't. I guess I just preferred HD DVD.

Comment

But you said Blu Ray was superior which you just stated it wasn't. I guess I just preferred HD DVD.
                              No he never, he just showed how matched they are when comparing picture quality, but BluRay has it's advantages however, like it's superior storage capacity for example.

Comment

I we were walking into JB-HI just now to by a new DVD player (the old one dided) and AoT was just inside the door, two days before I thought it was going to be. The problem is now I have to wait for the men of the house to figure out how to conect the new DVD player until I can watch it .
                                Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by ebethman
                                Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                                Originally posted by Bray
                                *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Working...
                                X