Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Actually Buying TAoT and later Continuum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
    Yeah, they must have, what with all the evidence you present for this dumb conspiracy theory and all.
    Yeah, because they never bothered to plug the leaks from seasons before and all the free publicity they got for it from Joe M pissing his pants over it *when he never had the hissy fits over the series leaks and actually defended those* is pretty god damned stupid. And Joe M should leave the drama and the acting to the ACTORS. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do things called PUBLICITY STUNTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
      Amen. I believe that comes right after, "Thou shalt not watch pan-&-scanned films".
      Oh in that case I will certainly burn because I always pan & scan I like to have my screen filled with the movie without the pesky black bars.
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

i plan to buy mines right after school tomorow
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
          Yeah, because they never bothered to plug the leaks from seasons before and all the free publicity they got for it from Joe M pissing his pants over it *when he never had the hissy fits over the series leaks and actually defended those* is pretty god damned stupid. And Joe M should leave the drama and the acting to the ACTORS. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do things called PUBLICITY STUNTS.
          What are you talking about? What "leaks from seasons before"? If you're talking about the press screeners of 'Adrift' and 'Lifelines' that leaked, then that is a completely different situation from the 'Ark of Truth' leak, in that the first two could have been leaked by any number of people from the press - something TPTB have no control over whatsoever and can not, as you suggest, "plug". (And when exactly did JM "defend" the leaks??) 'Ark of Truth' was leaked by someone on the inside, someone trusted, which makes it a far worse betrayal. That is what JM was upset about.

Frankly, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

For completeness sake, I'll purchase AOT sometime in the future when it's going cheap. I don't believe the film(?) was of a quality that deserved a full price outlay by myself. (I saw the leaked versions).

Comment

*Raises Hand*

I'm buying it, can't believe I have to wait till 28th April or whatever, oh well my pre-order will still arrive, just not when I excpected it

Edit: Don't you think that if the movies etc got released in the UK and USA at the same time there would be a steep steep decline in the illegal downloading and streming of programmes, I mean there would be no point waiting for someone to upload a copy a couple of hours after it aired.
              Last edited by Bray; 11 March 2008, 06:22 AM. Reason: Added some stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
                Don't you think that if the movies etc got released in the UK and USA at the same time there would be a steep steep decline in the illegal downloading and streming of programmes, I mean there would be no point waiting for someone to upload a copy a couple of hours after it aired.
                I agree. Sadly, it's something which the movie studios just plain don't seem to understand.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSunset View Post
                  Don't they depend on these sales otherwise they can't make more movies? Because now that AoT has been leaked, aren't a lot of people just going to download it? Did YOU download it? I mean everyone's talking about what's in the movie, and how they've all seen it. It's not even out yet! So you downloaded it, but are you going to buy it?

Edit - I just looked, apparently you can pre-order it and get it early. But still..
                  I downloaded it because I was impatient and wanted to see it. But I also bought the DVD today. I do the same with the episodes. I don't have any sort of TV service in my house, so I download the episodes, and then I buy the DVD sets when they come out.

Comment

*Happy dancing*

Got my Ark of Truth dvd today!

Just sayin', gonna actually have something to watch on tv tonight!
                    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                    sigpic
                    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                      For completeness sake, I'll purchase AOT sometime in the future when it's going cheap. I don't believe the film(?) was of a quality that deserved a full price outlay by myself. (I saw the leaked versions).
                      Just sayin', that's too bad. The first releases are cheaper during the first week then they go up for a good while before they come down again. And if you saw the leaked version, wasn't that unfinished?
                      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                      sigpic
                      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Downloaded it because I was weak, and needed me some Stargatey goodness... but I still bought it. Y'see, I wouldn't have downloaded it had I not loved Stargate... so buying it wasn't optional. I had to.
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
                          Just sayin', that's too bad. The first releases are cheaper during the first week then they go up for a good while before they come down again. And if you saw the leaked version, wasn't that unfinished?
                          The finished version hit the net as well just prior to release which i also saw.

Comment

I would love to buy it, I thought to pick it up at Wal-Mart today (Mar 11), but they didn't get any. Seems like that for every store I've come across in Delaware today. I guess Delaware isn't big enough to need any. I ended up having to order off of Amazon and I guess I'll get to watch it in a day or two.
                            Thomas G Sluder
                            Smyrna, DE, USA

Comment

its simple... want more sg-1 = buying both movies.... and i REALLY want more movies!!

Comment

Didn't download. Rented from Netflix. Will buy if it comes out on Blu-Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X