Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    Yeah, not at all like you and flynn are offending SJ shippers and Jack fans
    Well, we could say that the tiny minority of fans who go on, and on, and on about S/J offend us too, but live and let live.

Now about that topic.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Well, we could say that the tiny minority of fans who go on, and on, and on about S/J offend us too, but live and let live.

Now about that topic.
      Yeap, the tiny tiny minority that have the largest social group at GW, and tend to the most viewed thread
      /goes off searching for J/D thread in GW's bowels...

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
        OK, sorry. But considering the fact that both Landry and Dr Lam, also Vala and Mitchell are relatively new characters and the "old" ones actually were explored to death, it would be fair to explore these some more.
        In point of fact, the "old" ones actually were NOT explored to death. Much was left unexplored regarding Daniel and his grandfather/his time as an ascended/his childhood. We knew nothing about Jack's parents, whether he had any siblings; there was never any answer given as to why he left SG-1 for Washington.

Fair to whom? Those fans who started watching SG-1 in the last 2 years (many of whom only started watching because of the Farscape actors) or those fans who have watched for many years and still want to know more about their favorite characters?

Janet, IMO, was a much better written character than Dr. Lam and there was very little exploration of Janet during the 7 years. Just because a character is new doesn't necessarily mean they are interesting and in need of exploration. I think a character needs to be interesting before people will be interested in exploration of that character. And IMO, the (poor) writing for Mitchell and Lam precludes me wanting to know anything more about them.

Clearly your mileage varies, but "fairness" has nothing to do with it, IMO.
        Last edited by Nightspore; 28 June 2008, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I just don't like BW style of writing.
          But of course that wouldn't be because he tends to like S/J and Sam Carter, right?

Comment

Yeap, the tiny tiny minority that have the largest social group at GW, and tend to the most viewed thread

As I said before, trying to keep the tone light, we may be small but we're very loyal.....

I think you will find that the J/D Slash Thread regulars on Gateworld tend to respect any other group's wishes and stay quite quietly and happily within our own confines....

Apologies for my tone but I take a slight offence at my fan fiction preference being used as "ammunition" in this particular thread....

Thank you for respecting my choices as I respect yours.....

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
              As I said before, trying to keep the tone light, we may be small but we're very loyal.....

I think you will find that the J/D Slash Thread regulars on Gateworld tend to respect any other group's wishes and stay quite quietly and happily within our own confines....

Apologies for my tone but I take a slight offence at my fan fiction preference being used as "ammunition" in this particular thread....

Deeds xx
              Well could you point me to your thread I still haven't found it

Comment

Just search for "guacamole"....

And to keep On Topic......I would really LOVE to see the return of Dr Janet Fraiser.....she was a fantastic character and Teryl is an absolute sweetheart.....I still miss her.....

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Just search for "guacamole"....

And to keep On Topic......I would really LOVE to see the return of Dr Janet Fraiser.....she was a fantastic character and Teryl is an absolute sweetheart.....I still miss her.....

Deeds xx
                  Yeah, and Jacob and Bratac too

Comment

And how many of those could they muster for their little petition?

Enough of the snark...what do you want to see in the third movie and please don't say a great big white wedding in the gateroom with Cassie as a bridesmaid.

Oh, and if you're looking for J/D stuff I know of maybe a thousand or so really good sites, LJ,forums etc, etc just say the word and I'll pm you the links.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore View Post
                      But of course that wouldn't be because he tends to like S/J and Sam Carter, right?
                      No, actually, not just because of that, although his narrow view and misguided sense of character worth and popularity don't help. I just don't think he is a very good writer.
                      sigpic

Comment

Deeds xx
                        Very well said.
                        sigpic

Comment

As has been pointed out before J/D by it's very nature isn't really the type of thing that can be discussed in depth on a PG forum such as Gateworld. I believe that it is also against the rules to post slash fiction here. Just because it doesn't seem to be as popular as some other things here doesn't mean it isn't popular elsewhere, it is - hugely! Gateworld represents a very small minority of Stargate fans, even the on-line ones.

Back on topic, I still say that the best bet for a third movie is to make it a team one. Appeal to the broadest fan base possible. What do you think?
                          sigpic

Comment

No, actually, not just because of that, although his narrow view and misguided sense of character worth and popularity don't help. I just don't think he is a very good writer.
                            Actually he's the WORST writer of all of them...

Comment

Can you point me to all those definitive polls which tell us which character is the most popular and worthy – you know, the characters Brad apparently should be focusing on in his stories (instead of following his own misguided path?)

Comment

As has been pointed out before J/D by it's very nature isn't really the type of thing that can be discussed in depth on a PG forum such as Gateworld. I believe that it is also against the rules to post slash fiction here. Just because it doesn't seem to be as popular as some other things here doesn't mean it isn't popular elsewhere, it is - hugely! Gateworld represents a very small minority of Stargate fans, even the on-line ones.
                                Very true. And on-line fans of any persuasion represent a tiny minority of Stargate fans in general. Ship is popular with some fans, slash is popular with some fans, gen is popular with some fans. Many different points of view.

Comment

Working...
                                X