No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds absolutely terrible to me, stinks of BW just trying to write a story he can stick Jack into instead of writing a good story. I think that was one of Continuum's weak points, its as if BW just made a list of things he wanted to put in the story and then slapped it all together.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      I read that BW said something about the Stargate becoming public, how that could fit in a movie.

That sounds like fun to me. Really different from a normal episode. And Jack could have some part in that really well. And for "the team" (whoever you like that to be lol) they could fit in some adventure as well.
      Yes, I heard that over at Stargate Solutions. Quite a cool idea IMO, after so long I think it's time. The whole 'it could be happening hear and now' thing went out the window a while ago with me, it's SciFi and if people can't enjoy it for what it is then I think it's a bit silly.

Comment

The third movie should be stand alone, but build up or show us parts of characters we've never seen before. I think it should be a simpler standalone, where only the team is in jeopardy. They've already done enough of saving the galaxy, saving earth, and defeating enemies. I think maybe SG-1 or part of SG-1 is captured, injured, whatever, and O'Neill leads a rescue team.

They should stay away from bringing back old enemies, time travel, politics, conspiracies, alternate realities, space battles, space ships, Asgard technology, Ancients, all references and crossovers to Atlantis, and anything else that needlessly complicates it. I think it should only really focus on maybe seven people who are O'Neill, Jackson, Carter, Mitchell, Vala, Teal'c, and Landry. Any characters beyond that or at least old allies and enemies would feel like cameos or just rob screen time from the main characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss_908 View Post
          The third movie should be stand alone, but build up or show us parts of characters we've never seen before. I think it should be a simpler standalone, where only the team is in jeopardy. They've already done enough of saving the galaxy, saving earth, and defeating enemies. I think maybe SG-1 or part of SG-1 is captured, injured, whatever, and O'Neill leads a rescue team.

They should stay away from bringing back old enemies, time travel, politics, conspiracies, alternate realities, space battles, space ships, Asgard technology, Ancients, all references and crossovers to Atlantis, and anything else that needlessly complicates it. I think it should only really focus on maybe seven people who are O'Neill, Jackson, Carter, Mitchell, Vala, Teal'c, and Landry. Any characters beyond that or at least old allies and enemies would feel like cameos or just rob screen time from the main characters.

you just summed up how i feel right there

i liked continuum
          but i want something thats not been done before in some shape or form
          i know after so many episodes the writers may struggle to find something diffrent that is still ok as a story line but i'mhoping for more if theres a next one

if they are given the green light for another film the cast will find a way imo they are dedicated to stargate in a way they might not be to others just 'cos of how long they've spent on the show
          "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            It sounds absolutely terrible to me, stinks of BW just trying to write a story he can stick Jack into instead of writing a good story. I think that was one of Continuum's weak points, its as if BW just made a list of things he wanted to put in the story and then slapped it all together.
            I think it would be cool, remember TRNT and the chaos it caused...

Comment

It only proves once again that this man is the worst of Stargate writers...

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                It only proves once again that this man is the worst of Stargate writers...
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

A thoroughly forgettable episode. This is supposed to be Stargate, Earth stories are OK for episodes, but why waste a movie on one?

Comment

A thoroughly forgettable episode. This is supposed to be Stargate, Earth stories are OK for episodes, but why waste a movie on one?
                    Do you consider "2010" a forgettable episode?

Comment

Not particularly, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece either, why?

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        I did not care for that episode myself but the one that referenced that one I did like 2001
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss_908 View Post

Totally agree with you! Just the team, so we can have, maybe, a little more characters and story depth.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

they should have a movie that takes place in a stargate future....good excuse to add a bunch of new cool things and toys...would also put the characters in a fish out of water scenero.

or perhaps a dopplerganger movie where they compete in a ticking clock against an evil alt reality version of them....or not an evil one but ones whos needs rival their own.

whatever it is it needs a twist no one expects and a change of setting.

a crossover with atlantis like in trek generations would be cool too.

Comment

Did I say that? But what we do know is that Brad Wright is confident he'll get all the main cast back when he needs to, we also know that Amanda is the only one tied down by filming right now and even that won't last very long. It's unrealistic to assume they won't be able to get them all back, especially when the movies only take 3-4 weeks to shoot.

Apparently, as evidenced by your rather arbitrary use of that particular proverb.
                              You actually said ..."because the main cast are so busy, yeah right".
                              You actually have no idea whatsoever what any of the cast will be doing at the particular time that BW wants to film a third film. You have no idea what projects each cast member will be doing at the time, what negotiations they might be in for other roles, projects, what their personal plans may be.
                              You really don't know much about the business at all.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post

I do. It was a waste of time. Yet another AT/AU story where in the end it never happened.
                                sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                                X