Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I found it indescribably disappointing rather than indescribably bad.
    Me too mainly because of so little Jack and no confirmation for Sam/Jack ship!

Comment

I liked both AoT and Continuum, but I have to agree that I hope Jack is more like old Jack (old in terms of being more like say S4-6 and not in terms of his age) in this since he is going to be the lead.

Perfecto!

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed both AOT and Continuum, and I see no reason why this next movie won't be good too. I do look forward to seeing more of Jack (it's been a while since he really got in the thick of things with SG-1).
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I want to see a team episode. I dont care what it is as long as the team is together. I dont want them to be separated or a time story or alt. reality.

Jack left, personally, he should have stayed gone, if they weren't gonna do anything with him or Sam then there's no point to it. I liked it better without Sam/Jack then it became more of a team again. Thats why I only liked the first 3 seasons of SG1 and season 9 when Carter wasnt there and we had Vala.

Sorry to disappoint but RDA is far too old now to be in the thick of things. He'll be 60 when and if they start filming the next one. I say, retire his character and let him be with Sam and have Ben's character running SG1.
          Last edited by DSG1; 31 January 2009, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Hoping for classic SG-1 - and no S/J ship. Also hopes for Goa'uld and/or Tok'ra - and no spaceships or only minimal spaceships. I want to see them walk through the Milky way gate again. Jack may be too old, but then we could have Cam, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c.
            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Something Tollan based.....*hides from the stares* I personally loved the Tollan.....
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                Something Tollan based.....*hides from the stares* I personally loved the Tollan.....
                I really liked them too. But, I wouldn't hold your breath my friend..
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Like, couldn't one Tollan survive, and end up on the Destiny? That would be nice. A scientist that wanted to see a cosmic event, and ends up travelling gate to gate until he ends up at the site that studies the 9th chevron, and ultimately ends up on the destiny.... Just throwing it out there....
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    Like, couldn't one Tollan survive, and end up on the Destiny? That would be nice. A scientist that wanted to see a cosmic event, and ends up travelling gate to gate until he ends up at the site that studies the 9th chevron, and ultimately ends up on the destiny.... Just throwing it out there....
                    The Tollan have gone too long unmentioned. Sadly, I think that TPTB have well moved on.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I really liked them too. But, I wouldn't hold your breath my friend..
                      True. It would be interesting, but unlikely.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      The Tollan have gone too long unmentioned. Sadly, I think that TPTB have well moved on.
                      I'm conflicted on this issue. On the one hand, I wish TPTB would revisit some of these older storylines that still have potential (and there are quite a few of them that I would find interesting). But on the other hand, I wouldn't want them dredging up some old storyline that has no relevance to the show just because they want to capture the "old school" feel. for instance, I would enjoy seeing the Tollan. But I feel like the Nox wouldn't have much potential. And as I already mentioned in another thread, I don't want them to bring back Maybourne in this movie or a future movie because I feel like his storyline is completed, and his inclusion would seem forced to me. But it's probably somewhat subjective regarding which stroylines are finished and which ones could be revisited.
                      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I hope they will find out some epic story which will include Jack. So no more Earth based stories (NID/Trust, Homeworld Security, Area 51, IOA) or Daedalus based stories. I want pure adventure and exploration on different alien planet(s), where SG-1 will fell into a trap, but they solve the adventure together. So maybe this is the reason, while it will be Jack heavy, because he will play an activer role than small cameos.

Personally if we can see again at least one of the next elements of SG-1, than I will be happy:
                        - the Nox cloud city (Atlantis cityship? )
                        - the crystal skull aliens
                        - the Rhee'tou
                        - Arthur king and his knights
                        - a total new race
                        I really would like to see alien environment in the next movies (purple and yellow trees or whatever). It is time to show us how rich is their fantasy.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I hope they will find out some epic story which will include Jack. So no more Earth based stories (NID/Trust, Homeworld Security, Area 51, IOA) or Daedalus based stories. I want pure adventure and exploration on different alien planet(s), where SG-1 will fell into a trap, but they solve the adventure together. So maybe this is the reason, while it will be Jack heavy, because he will play an activer role than small cameos.

Personally if we can see again at least one of the next elements of SG-1, than I will be happy:
                          - the Nox cloud city (Atlantis cityship? )
                          - the crystal skull aliens
                          - the Rhee'tou
                          - Arthur king and his knights
                          - a total new race
                          I really would like to see alien environment in the next movies (purple and yellow trees or whatever). It is time to show us how rich is their fantasy.
                          That's what I'd like. A plain old fashioned SG-1 adventure, you know one where they go through that shimmering circle of water. I'd love to revisit the Rhee'tou or the Crystal Skull aliens. Neither one had any closure really.

Rhee'tou - they were supposed to be this big bad alien race that the SGC needed to beware of and they just disappeared.

Crystal Skull aliens - Nick Ballard is still there, surely he's learned something by now that could be useful.

They could also revisit the Reole (the chameleon race from the "Fifth Man") - good reason for Jack to go off world at the invitation of the Reole formerly known as Major Tyler.

They could even revisit Hathor. Sure she was frozen, but who says she can't be thawed out.

The possibilities are endless really.
                          sigpic

Comment

The actor, who played Nick Ballard, has died years ago.

I believe the third movie doesn't need Ori or Goa'uld themes. They had enough time and these storylines are finished.

And if they can afford wild CGI landscapes and non-humanoid lifeforms on SG:U, than they should do it on the next DVD movies as well.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 01 February 2009, 02:07 PM.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I believe the third movie doesn't need Ori or Goa'uld themes. They had enough time and these storylines are finished.
                              they can make whatever they want to but NO ORI and NO REPLICATORS PLEASE i'm so tired of them ... but from the Goa'uld i'm never tired, although their impire is down they can't tell much of them... something very painful for me to say but they are done...

IMO this is more like something totally new or they will revive a past history ... honestly, i can't wait for some good spoilers...
                              sigpic

Comment

Believe me, I would be the happiest fan if they continue the Goa'uld storyline, but they were killed off, so it could happen only in forced ways. The third movie needs something newer and fresher.

Comment

Working...
                                X