Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    No, actually, not just because of that, although his narrow view and misguided sense of character worth and popularity don't help. I just don't think he is a very good writer.
    Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
    Actually he's the WORST writer of all of them...
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
      Actually he's the WORST writer of all of them...
      Which stories of his didn't you like? A few examples of what you don't like and why, might help.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore View Post
        In point of fact, the "old" ones actually were NOT explored to death. Much was left unexplored regarding Daniel and his grandfather/his time as an ascended/his childhood. We knew nothing about Jack's parents, whether he had any siblings; there was never any answer given as to why he left SG-1 for Washington.

Fair to whom? Those fans who only started watching SG-1 in the last 2 years because of the Farscape actors or those fans who have watched for many years and still want to know more about their favorite characters?

Janet, IMO, was a much better written character than Dr. Lam and there was very little exploration of Janet during the 7 years. Just because a character is new doesn't necessarily mean they are interesting and in need of exploration. I think a character needs to be interesting before people will be interested in exploration of that character. And IMO, the (poor) writing for Mitchell and Lam precludes me wanting to know anything more about them.

Clearly your mileage varies, but "fairness" has nothing to do with it, IMO.
        ok I have to nit pick a bit here the part in bold I take issue with I discovered SG-1 in 2006 in U.S. syndication I never watched Farscape prior to watching SG-1. I decided after I got the SG-1 DVDs to get the Farscape DVDs so not all fans of Cam and Vala are Farscape fans following BB and CB and I know for a fact there are 2 others like me discovered SG-1 then checked out FS so let's not use that broad stroke shall we.

I also like the characters of Landry and Lam and I liked their storyline it was one of the few saving graces of Family Ties for me. I think there is some truth to LiR's statement about the other characters story lines each being almost completely told I noticed in season 8 for Teal they were starting to grasp for straws a bit and after the Gou'ald were defeated season 9 and 10 stories were harder and harder to find for Teal'c. The biggest shoot themselves in the foot was the death of Jacob. That hurt future storylines for Sam. I am not saying that Sam shouldn't be part of future she should and so should Teal'c and if they can find a good reason for Jack to be there too good that's why I don't have issue with Jack being in Continuum it makes sense from the character's history why he would be there.
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
          ok I have to nit pick a bit here the part in bold I take issue with I discovered SG-1 in 2006 in U.S. syndication I never watched Farscape prior to watching SG-1. I decided after I got the SG-1 DVDs to get the Farscape DVDs so not all fans of Cam and Vala are Farscape fans following BB and CB and I know for a fact there are 2 others like me discovered SG-1 then checked out FS so let's not use that broad stroke shall we.

I also like the characters of Landry and Lam and I liked their storyline it was one of the few saving graces of Family Ties for me. I think there is some truth to LiR's statement about the other characters story lines each being almost completely told I noticed in season 8 for Teal they were starting to grasp for straws a bit and after the Gou'ald were defeated season 9 and 10 stories were harder and harder to find for Teal'c. The biggest shoot themselves in the foot was the death of Jacob. That hurt future storylines for Sam. I am not saying that Sam shouldn't be part of future she should and so should Teal'c and if they can find a good reason for Jack to be there too good that's why I don't have issue with Jack being in Continuum it makes sense from the character's history why he would be there.
          There ya go; I changed the wording in my original post. Does that work for you?

Comment

While I enjoyed both DVDs, I hope the third one is nothing like these two. My hope is that DVD #3 returns back to the basics of S1-8 (pretty much what tptb have implied actually).

As the end of AoT implied, that's really what we should be imagining SG-1 doing pre & post Carter's stint on Atlantis.

Since
            Spoiler:
            it's strongly implied that Carter has now rejoined SG-1 since Atlantis S5 has her removed from command of Atlantis, and Continuum takes place after that.
            I'd like to see an episode with SG-1 exploring a new world, plain and simple, and running into all sorts of mischief, with O'Neill along as a representative of Earth before things go awry, and then thrust back into action.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

hi,

It seems the "Continuum" could be awesome at least in similar way as the "Ark of truth" does.

IF Baal could be able to change timeline, why would he treat SG1.

Why wouldnt' he just go back before stargate program or better go to Dakkara - it was his territorium for a long time - after Annubis finally falls, trick out free Jaffa then use the "rebirthinator" of ancients and create new life, as Annubis once supposed to do, the Baals-friendly new life in the galaxy, collect all the technology masterpieces and rule until the end of the days - it sounds like a deepest dream of any Goa'uld systemlords.

But "Continuum" is probably just a fantasy movie. It should not follow exact storyline of previous SG1 seasons. The only one thing is important - watching SG1 team saving the world once again makes all the fans happy.
              Last edited by 9_1/2_shevron; 03 July 2008, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                I'd like to see an episode with SG-1 exploring a new world, plain and simple, and running into all sorts of mischief, with O'Neill along as a representative of Earth before things go awry, and then thrust back into action.
                It'd be awesome, awesome, awesome. Just plain, real old-school SG-1 with newest additions to the team. No big ships fetish, no space battles, just a solid good story with lots of good character moments, doing what we're supposed to do at the first place. Explore!
                sigpic
                Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

It'd be awesome, awesome, awesome. Just plain, real old-school SG-1 with newest additions to the team. No big ships fetish, no space battles, just a solid good story with lots of good character moments, doing what we're supposed to do at the first place. Explore!
                  Absolutely! That's what it's all about.

Comment

After seeing a certain movie my biggest wish for any third one is that BW be kept as far away from it as possible!
                    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                      After seeing a certain movie my biggest wish for any third one is that BW be kept as far away from it as possible!
                      WE didn't see eye to eye so I can't believe I'm saying this but you're 100% correct...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        WE didn't see eye to eye so I can't believe I'm saying this but you're 100% correct...

Did RDA's voice seem a little higher than usual in your opinion? During the first part of the movie it took me a moment to realize that it was in fact him speaking. I'm wondering if there was a sound problem on my end or if other people thought his voice sounded higher.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post

Wow!! Is that He** freezing over?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
                            Did RDA's voice seem a little higher than usual in your opinion? During the first part of the movie it took me a moment to realize that it was in fact him speaking. I'm wondering if there was a sound problem on my end or if other people thought his voice sounded higher.

His voice has been a bit higher in recent years, it happens as we get older, men get higher and women get deeper!
                            sigpic

Comment

Could you guys discuss Continuum via PM rather than here? I've worked really hard not to hear anything about the movie or see a pirated version and I'm almost there. That would be much appreciated.

Comment

I'd like to see Rob Cooper do another one, either that or Martin Gero.

Comment

Working...
                                X