Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    Still no links...ah well, I guess that settles that then.
    I realize I'm late to this particular argument - haven't been in the movie forum for a while. Regarding a couple of flynn's other points I have no information but as for MS's reasons for leaving the show, she is correct that his dissatisfaction with his character handling is well documented. He was quite frank about his reasons for leaving, though he said in a later interview after he returned that if he had it to do over again he would just have cited "artistic differences" and left it at that. Solutions has many interviews archived here. Check the ones for late 2001-2002. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 14 June 2008, 09:08 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I hope the third movie will be made for theatrical release. Maybe an Atlantis-SG-1 cross-over could bring new viewers to the franchise. If they can get 10-15-20 million dollar, than they could make a wonderful, but also "cheap" movie, which could have 40-50 million income for the MGM. That would be enough for starting the Universe in 2010.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        I hope the third movie will be made for theatrical release. Maybe an Atlantis-SG-1 cross-over could bring new viewers to the franchise. If they can get 10-15-20 million dollar, than they could make a wonderful, but also "cheap" movie, which could have 40-50 million income for the MGM. That would be enough for starting the Universe in 2010.
        Why? The Sg1 and Atlantis fans are the same, more or less, I don't see how a crossover will help to bring new, a lot of new, viewers. The only thing that can help that is that MGM dares to spend a lot of money for a film full of unknown actors and to risk to face a failure.
        sigpic
        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          I realize I'm late to this particular argument - haven't been in the movie forum for a while. Regarding a couple of flynn's other points I have no information but as for MS's reasons for leaving the show, she is correct that his dissatisfaction with his character handling is well documented. He was quite frank about his reasons for leaving, though he said in a later interview after he returned that if he had it to do over again he would just have cited "artistic differences" and left it at that. Solutions has many interviews archived here. Check the ones for late 2001-2002. Hope that helps.

Thank you for that. Working at the weekend is a pain and leaves me too little time to search for things.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
            Why? The Sg1 and Atlantis fans are the same, more or less, I don't see how a crossover will help to bring new, a lot of new, viewers. The only thing that can help that is that MGM dares to spend a lot of money for a film full of unknown actors and to risk to face a failure.
            A cross-over could make every SG fan satisfied. I believe even non-SG scifi fans would watch the movie and so even if only 50 000 new viewer will watch Atlantis or Universe on SciFi Channel, than it was a good decision to use Atlantis stars in the story, because the ratings will be better for season 6-7, if Atlantis will stay on air until that time. And if they could raise the budget for the "normal" television shows, than they could make bigger and better season (for example new sets, more living CGI creatures, more scifi environment, new filming locations). They should make this movie to show that the franchise could be even bigger and if they want to stay in competition in front of the new SG:CW series or any other scifi series, what will be made in the future. The viewers want to see wilder and wilder things on TV, so I fear the old style SG won't be viable in the next 5 year. They should change into the digital future with the Universe. A third movie could create the extra budget for this, so after that only creativity will be their limit.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              A cross-over could make every SG fan satisfied. I believe even non-SG scifi fans would watch the movie and so even if only 50 000 new viewer will watch Atlantis or Universe on SciFi Channel, than it was a good decision to use Atlantis stars in the story, because the ratings will be better for season 6-7, if Atlantis will stay on air until that time. And if they could raise the budget for the "normal" television shows, than they could make bigger and better season (for example new sets, more living CGI creatures, more scifi environment, new filming locations). They should make this movie to show that the franchise could be even bigger and if they want to stay in competition in front of the new SG:CW series or any other scifi series, what will be made in the future. The viewers want to see wilder and wilder things on TV, so I fear the old style SG won't be viable in the next 5 year. They should change into the digital future with the Universe. A third movie could create the extra budget for this, so after that only creativity will be their limit.
              Not me. I love Sg1 not Atlantis, and again, for what reason a non SG fan would watch te movie if it was a cross over? If they don't know Sg1 don't know Atlantis too. Plus with a cross over there will be too characters to focus on. And Atlantis has always had less viewers than Sg1.
              sigpic
              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Not me. I love Sg1 not Atlantis, and again, for what reason a non SG fan would watch te movie if it was a cross over? If they don't know Sg1 don't know Atlantis too. Plus with a cross over there will be too characters to focus on. And Atlantis has always had less viewers than Sg1.
                I agree with you on this. I'm not interested in SGA as I am in SG-1. That also means characters, their development and usage.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  Thank you very much Killdeer, those links you provided were very helpful.

So as I learnt from those interviews by MS...

He left because..."I had begun to think the show would work just as well without me and that's when I felt that I had to go. I also felt it was time to expand my horizons and look to other things as an actor." - MS

madaboutdanny was correct - he didn't like the handling of his character.

Jumper One was also correct - he wanted to explore new things.

He returned because...Unknown - he never specifically states why, but only how it happened. "I had travelled and filmed other projects and explored other avenues" but when asked to return MS gave a "resounding 'Yes!'".

No mention of any truck load of money there...of course.

This will be my last post on this matter seeing as it is OT. PMs are fine.
                  Last edited by Nikki; 15 June 2008, 07:01 AM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Thank you very much Killdeer, those links you provided were very helpful.

So as I learnt from those interviews by MS...

He left because..."I had begun to think the show would work just as well without me and that's when I felt that I had to go. I also felt it was time to expand my horizons and look to other things as an actor." - MS

madaboutdanny was correct - he didn't like the handling of his character.

Jumper One was also correct - he waned to explore new things.

He returned because...Unknown - he never specifically states why, but only how it happened. "I had travelled and filmed other projects and explored other avenues" but when asked to return MS gave a "resounding 'Yes!'".

No mention of any truck load of there...of course.

This will be my last post on this matter seeing as it is OT. PMs are fine.
                    He didn't state why, others did that. And of course he gave a resounding yes since it wasn't his idea to left the show.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

He didn't state why, others did that. And of course he gave a resounding yes since it wasn't his idea to left the show.
                      MS does clearly state it was his idea/choice to leave...he was not sacked/fired.

"I had begun to think the show would work just as well without me and that's when I felt that I had to go. I also felt it was time to expand my horizons and look to other things as an actor." - MS

Comment

Nikki

http://www.savedanieljackson.com/his.../mission.shtml

I suggest you read ALL of it before posting ot again.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really don't think there will be a third SG1 movie. I think we have seen the end of SG1.

I firmly believe that if there is a third movie made it will focus on the new team/show - Universe. It will be a starting point for that show and a way forward for the franchise. I also believe it will fail.

Stargate isn't Startrek, the 'franchise' isn't as strong, nor the fan base as large.

I would love to see SG1 continue for years to come, but realistically I think it is over. We do have an amazing ten years and two movies though how many shows can say that!
                          sigpic

Comment

On this site they are, general viewers aren't, not to the same extent anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                              Nikki

http://www.savedanieljackson.com/his.../mission.shtml

I suggest you read ALL of it before posting ot again.
                              The point of that was...?

To be on topic...a third movie would be brilliant and with BW already writing and JM saying its a 90% certainty, I'm optimistic.

Comment

The point of that was...?

To be on topic...a third movie would be brilliant and with BW already writing and JM saying its a 90% certainty, I'm optimistic.

Oh dear, Nikki...what can I say? Never mind, just let it go.

I am not optimistic about a third movie. I doubt they will ever be able to get the whole cast back together again. A movie with just RDA/Jack wouldn't be a Stargate movie to me.

I want to see Jack and Daniel together, to me they are Stargate. They are the two who started the whole thing. RDA and MS have the most chemistry together - the two of them light up the screen. They, J/D, also have a ton of unresolved issues that I am hoping tptb will be brave enough to address! Maybe BW will have a blinding epithany and suddenly realise that this is 2008, not 1908.

A third movie with my dream team of RDA, MS, CJ and CB would be fantastic. I will live in hope and might even be moved to write a letter to tptb.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X