Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    Given the fact that many of the cast have new movies/shows in the works and the latest news that two shows and movies would be too much for tptb to cope with, I seriously doubt we will get any more SG1 movies.
    huh?

If Atlantis gets another season I think tptb will go with the new series - Stargate Universe.
    maybe. BW said
    They [MGM] need to make some decisions. I think we are at the point of finding out soon. We know what we are doing and what we want to do. We are excited about the prospect but as long as Atlantis is going strong and as long as there are prospects for new movies, it doesn’t matter to me if my next project is two more movies for next year. Essentially, we would put a third series off another year but MGM wants one. They know the franchise is still strong.
    http://www.newsarama.com/tv/080611-b...-stargate.html

he also said
    The money we had to do Atlantis was barely enough to do it right and the dollar had just skyrocketed.

**snip**

The strike is only, frankly, part of it. We pitched an expensive series. The idea we have is not cheap. Universe, if we do it the way we want to do it, is very expensive, and I think we've proven ourselves, so "Can we please have enough money to do it right this time?" And if not, then honestly I don't want to do it. Why do it wrong?

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    Mark my words: the 3rd Stargate movie will be an Atlantis one when the series end (2-3 years from now)
    even though BW said
    GW: You were spinning your third movie idea. What can you tell us?

BW: It's an O'Neill story, and I would include as many of our cast as we could, both financially and in terms of availability. These are talented people. They may well not be available at our beck and call the next time we want to make a movie, and that's what happens. But you know what? They have a good time when they come. I think these guys had a good time making Continuum.

Is it likely we'll ever get them all again? That's kind of unlikely, just because of the math. But our core folks, I will move heaven and earth to get them if I can. I think that Jack and Daniel and Carter and Teal'c, and Mitchell now, to a certain extent, and Landry now, to a certain extent, are part of the fabric of SG-1. And fans will get mad at me if I don't put them in it.
    http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/..._part_13.shtml

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
    He was tired of how the writers wrote his character in season 5 and asked for some changing, they don't and he left, simply.
    and was back as a regular in s7...
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      and was back as a regular in s7...
      Yes, I wonder why they didn't keep Jonas.....
      sigpic
      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Yes, I wonder why they didn't keep Jonas.....
        I think the point Jumper One was making was that TPTB didn't change the writing of his character at all and yet he came back...I wonder why that is...?

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          I think the point Jumper One was making was that TPTB didn't change the writing of his character at all and yet he came back...I wonder why that is...?
          Well, the truck load of money and the personal invitation from a very high up ptb might have had something to do with it. That and the fact that with RDA wanting to reduce his screen time they really needed someone with star quality to carry the show. Thank goodness MS said yes!
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

But they changed his character, otherwise why all that stuff about Action Jackson? And, out of curiosity, why they changed their mind? Just for the sake of the fan? Or maybe Michael threatened them with a zat? And I know what point Jumper was making....Bottom line, Michael didn't left because he pursued something bigger, this is TPTB version. To me discussion ended about this, it's not the right place.
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

yes that's what I was trying to say

But they changed his character, otherwise why all that stuff about Action Jackson?
              Daniel became Action Jackson in s9 and s10 imo

And, out of curiosity, why they changed their mind? Just for the sake of the fan? Or maybe Michael threatened them with a zat?
              what do you mean?

And I know what point Jumper was making....Bottom line, Michael didn't left because he pursued something bigger, this is TPTB version. To me discussion ended about this, it's not the right place.
              oh come on of course he wanted to pursue something bigger or at least different than SG or sci fi in general
              sigpic

Comment

oh come on of course he wanted to pursue something bigger or at least different than SG or sci fi in general

No, that is not the reason he left the show. The reasons are well documented and it really isn't the time or place to bring it all up again.

Sufice to say Michael was quoted at the time as saying he wasn't sure if he would ever work again but even given that he felt leaving was the right thing to do. He gained the respect of a great many fans for his integrity, honesty, and belief in the character of Daniel Jackson.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, the truck load of money and the personal invitation from a very high up ptb might have had something to do with it. That and the fact that with RDA wanting to reduce his screen time they really needed someone with star quality to carry the show. Thank goodness MS said yes!
                  So when MS returned he got paid more than AT and/or CJ? And if so where is the evidence of that? As far as I know the salaries of the actors are unknown.

So in your opinion neither AT, CJ or CN had/have any star quality? And in your opinion MS carried the show for S7/8? If MS supposedly did carry the show with this charismatic star quality of his for S7/8 why bring in BB and CB? I mean in your opinion MS was brought back in to make up for RDA's absence right?

No, that is not the reason he left the show. The reasons are well documented and it really isn't the time or place to bring it all up again.

Sufice to say Michael was quoted at the time as saying he wasn't sure if he would ever work again but even given that he felt leaving was the right thing to do. He gained the respect of a great many fans for his integrity, honesty, and belief in the character of Daniel Jackson.
                  Can I read these so called 'well documented' reasons somewhere?

And I completely agree with Jumper One's reply to madaboutdanny - well said, couldn't green you.
                  Last edited by Nikki; 13 June 2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

So when MS returned he got paid more than AT and/or CJ? And if so where is the evidence of that? As far as I know the salaries of the actors are unknown.

So in your opinion neither AT, CJ or CN had/have any star quality? And in your opinion MS carried the show for S7/8? If MS supposedly did carry the show with this charismatic star quality of his for S7/8 why bring in BB and CB? I mean in your opinion MS was brought back in to make up for RDA's absence right?

Can I read these so called 'well documented' reasons somewhere?

And I completely agree with Jumper One's reply to madaboutdanny - well said, couldn't green you.
                    Yes. You just have to know where to look.

No. Yes. I have no idea but in the case of Vala it was a wonderful decision! Yes.

Yes you can. All over the internet.
                    sigpic

Comment

yes that's what I was trying to say

Daniel became Action Jackson in s9 and s10 imo
                      No, he, not to me, became Action Jackson in season 8, at least.

what do you mean?
                      Is that not clear? TPTB fired him, then they asked him to coming back, why? Surely not just for the fan, or because they were so kind to welcomed him back after that he left them for something bigger.....

Oh come on, and he tried just for less than a year?!?! At that time, in a convention in Australia, he told to the audience that he didn't leave for that, but because was tired to be wallpapered, more or less, and the story were much more about new weapons and conspiracy than explorations.
                      And Michael was brought back in to make up for RDA's absence, I don't remember who said that and where I read that, I read too much stuff about Sg1, but surely one of the tptb said that. Maybe J. Mallozzi.....
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

No, he, not to me, became Action Jackson in season 8, at least.
                        then we'll just have to agree to disagree

Is that not clear? TPTB fired him, then they asked him to coming back, why? Surely not just for the fan, or because they were so kind to welcomed him back after that he left them for something bigger.....
                        do you/we know for sure that TBTB fired him? even if this is true the fact remains that MS was back as a regular in s7

Oh come on, and he tried just for less than a year?!?!
                        apparently. IDK...

At that time, in a convention in Australia, he told to the audience that he didn't leave for that, but because was tired to be wallpapered, more or less, and the story were much more about new weapons and conspiracy than explorations.
                        like I said his desire to appear in bigger productions and such was not the main reason for his departure but it's certainly one of many imo. are you sure he said wallpapered? I find this very strange because there were a lot of very interesting Daniel eps in s5

And Michael was brought back in to make up for RDA's absence, I don't remember who said that and where I read that, I read too much stuff about Sg1, but surely one of the tptb said that. Maybe J. Mallozzi.....
                        maybe, maybe not. let me know if you find out, thanks look I really don't want to argue about MS plans when he left or his reasons to rejoin the SG team. we may only know very little of what actually happened. I for one am happy that he returned, even though I enjoyed Jonas in s6. anyway we better get back OT
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes. You just have to know where to look.

No. Yes. I have no idea but in the case of Vala it was a wonderful decision! Yes.

Yes you can. All over the internet.
                          You answered yes or no to all of my questions without providing any proof...do you think I or anyone else on this forum is going to take your word for it? Because I'm willing to bet most aren't.

Apparently, you know the following things but can't prove them:

- How much each actor earns.
                          - The fact that MS was bribed to come back.
                          - The exact reasons behind why MS left and came back ('well documented', apparently).

At least provide links, if so many of these so called facts are easy to confirm - it'd do a lot more for your credibility.

I'm sure one last off topic post with the links isn't going to kill anyone.

To all other MS fans: I mean no disrespect toward MS...whatever his reasons were for leaving and returning to the show are not for me or anyone else to judge...but I hate people that claim to know so much but can prove so little...I also hate those that will put other actors of the show down (by taking jabs at they're 'star quality' and ability to carry the show) to make another look good.
                          Last edited by Nikki; 13 June 2008, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You answered yes or no to all of my questions without providing any proof...do you think I or anyone else on this forum is going to take your word for it? Because I'm willing to bet most aren't.

Apparently, you know the following things but can't prove them:

- How much each actor earns.
                            - The fact that MS was bribed to come back.
                            - The exact reasons behind why MS left and came back ('well documented', apparently).

At least provide links, if so many of these so called facts are easy to confirm - it'd do a lot more for your credibility.

I'm sure one last off topic post with the links isn't going to kill anyone.

To all other MS fans: I mean no disrespect toward MS...whatever his reasons were for leaving and returning to the show are not for me or anyone else to judge...but I hate people that claim to know so much but can prove so little...I also hate those that will put other actors of the show down (by taking jabs at they're 'star quality' and ability to carry the show) to make another look good.
                            No one else on this forum seems too bothered about providing proof for anything at all. I couldn't care less about what you or anyone else percieves as my or anyone elses credibility.

The simple FACT is MS was asked to come back to Stargate by Cohen, and JM has also said he contacted MS in S.A. Proof of this fact is on the net- look in JMs blog or I believe 'Solutions' have a very good library of old information. The many, many, many interviews MS gave stating his reasons for leaving the show are well documented, they are everywhere - try Google. As are his convention appearences where he also stated in no uncertain terms why he left and why he agreed to come back.Try looking on his own website. I believe they also have a large and comprhensive archive. Sci Fi channel placed an add about MS's return to the show stating that he was back by popular demand, or words to that effect. I'm sure you can find that with a Google search too.

It's not really a put down of the other actors on the show to say that MS has star quality - he does. So do many of the others, take CJ or CB both exceptional actors with true star quality, both more than capable of carrying a show.

The fact is MS was needed in season seven and eight, as RDA did want to step down and reduce his time on the show.

This is all off topic and if you want to continue this why not pm me.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's not really a put down of the other actors on the show to say that MS has star quality - he does. So do many of the others, take CJ or CB both exceptional actors with true star quality, both more than capable of carrying a show.
                              also AT, DD, BB, BB
                              sigpic

Comment

No one else on this forum seems too bothered about providing proof for anything at all. I couldn't care less about what you or anyone else percieves as my or anyone elses credibility.

The simple FACT is MS was asked to come back to Stargate by Cohen, and JM has also said he contacted MS in S.A. Proof of this fact is on the net- look in JMs blog or I believe 'Solutions' have a very good library of old information. The many, many, many interviews MS gave stating his reasons for leaving the show are well documented, they are everywhere - try Google. As are his convention appearences where he also stated in no uncertain terms why he left and why he agreed to come back.Try looking on his own website. I believe they also have a large and comprhensive archive. Sci Fi channel placed an add about MS's return to the show stating that he was back by popular demand, or words to that effect. I'm sure you can find that with a Google search too.

The fact is MS was needed in season seven and eight, as RDA did want to step down and reduce his time on the show.

This is all off topic and if you want to continue this why not pm me.
                                Still no links...ah well, I guess that settles that then.

also AT, DD, BB, BB

Comment

Working...
                                X