Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
    My expectation of such is completely non existent.
    Yeah- me, too.

A year ago I was really excited to have a new series coming and two movies. Now, it's hard not to feel as if they put their eggs in one basket and for some of us, those eggs turned out to be cracked.

Huge disappointment all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      Yeah- me, too.

A year ago I was really excited to have a new series coming and two movies. Now, it's hard not to feel as if they put their eggs in one basket and for some of us, those eggs turned out to be cracked.

Mine is slowly getting there. Its so disappointing...
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah- me, too.

Amazing what such a short amount of time does. I was in the same boat as you. Real excited. Now, not so much. About SGU, that is. I opened the whole carton of eggs on Friday and they were ALL cracked!

The SG-1 movie I still remain quite hopeful about.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

So below are the sales figures (from Wiki) for Ark of Truth and Continuum. Is $9 and $8 million good for a direct to DVD movie?
          And if they are good figures, then isn't just a matter of time before the third movie gets made? Which would mean that all the rumours and comments of MGM waiting for the 'right financial climate' are not just hollow comments from TPTB. Or are solid profits not necessarily enough to get a movie made, and I'm just being too optimistic...
          (Not sure if Ark of Truth's sales were US or worldwide)

On a side note, I never knew that the DVD release earned that much in rentals, $4.16 million in the first 3 weeks...

The DVD release of Stargate:The Ark of Truth in the U.S. earned MGM/Fox US $1.59 million in rentals in the first week after the release, and another US $1.38 million in rentals in the second week. In its third week it earned US $1.19 million in rentals totaling US $4.16 million. The DVD has also earned US $9.0 million in sales.
          On its debut in the United Kingdom and Ireland Stargate: Continuum received 543 thousand viewers, placing the film on first place in the top ten broadcasts for Sky One. The film would go on to gross over US$8 million dollars in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
            So below are the sales figures (from Wiki) for Ark of Truth and Continuum. Is $9 and $8 million good for a direct to DVD movie?
            And if they are good figures, then isn't just a matter of time before the third movie gets made? Which would mean that all the rumours and comments of MGM waiting for the 'right financial climate' are not just hollow comments from TPTB. Or are solid profits not necessarily enough to get a movie made, and I'm just being too optimistic...

On a side note, I never knew that the DVD release earned that much in rentals, $4.16 million in the first 3 weeks...
            Who knows what TPTB are thinking...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post

I think the movies both made a lot more than this- no one really knows how many DVDs were sold except the studios (I'm betting these figures came from The Numbers and they say right on their web site that their figures are US only, are incomplete and don't include blu-ray). But TPTB were quite happy with how they did, they said that on multiple occasions.

With MGM being on shaky financial ground I don't think we know for sure what the reason is. But they should be bought out or auctioned off in pieces by January and so if there's no announcement forthcoming about the movie after that, I doubt there ever will be.

Comment

I think the movies both made a lot more than this- no one really knows how many DVDs were sold except the studios (I'm betting these figures came from The Numbers and they say right on their web site that their figures are US only, are incomplete and don't include blu-ray). But TPTB were quite happy with how they did, they said that on multiple occasions.

With MGM being on shaky financial ground I don't think we know for sure what the reason is. But they should be bought out or auctioned off in pieces by January and so if there's no announcement forthcoming about the movie after that, I doubt there ever will be.
                Then we need a 3rd one so they can be even happier!
                sigpic

Comment

With MGM in the process of being sold, I'd be shocked if we hear anything about the new movie until that's complete.

Hopefully, the new buyer will be as interested in keeping the franchise alive as MGM is.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    With MGM in the process of being sold, I'd be shocked if we hear anything about the new movie until that's complete.

Hopefully, the new buyer will be as interested in keeping the franchise alive as MGM is.
                    If someone buys Stargate

Of course seriously I can't see that not happening.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      If someone buys Stargate

Of course seriously I can't see that not happening.
                      Yes, it's not a huge blockbuster of a franchise, but it's been profitable. And these days, that's something! It's even been mentioned a time or two in news articles about MGM.

(Actually, I'm shocked by how many shows and movies don't turn a profit, even when the economy is good).

Comment

Amazing what such a short amount of time does. I was in the same boat as you. Real excited. Now, not so much. About SGU, that is. I opened the whole carton of eggs on Friday and they were ALL cracked!

The SG-1 movie I still remain quite hopeful about.
                        I must say I really like SGU. Not the way I love SG1, for sure, both less and differently, but still. I find it's not the same show at all. And it's the reason I like it better than Atlantis, 'cause it's not a pale copy of the original. It's just... different. And since I didn't have any exceptation for it, I'm actually pleasantly surprise.

And about the SG1 movie... let's say that I'm at the 3rd stage. The first was very eager and excited, the 2nd very pissed and disappointed that we couldn't see the end of the waiting, and now I'm more like I want it, really do, but I won't be surprise if it's never made, and I'm quite at peace with it... Quite.

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
                          I must say I really like SGU. Not the way I love SG1, for sure, both less and differently, but still. I find it's not the same show at all. And it's the reason I like it better than Atlantis, 'cause it's not a pale copy of the original. It's just... different. And since I didn't have any exceptation for it, I'm actually pleasantly surprise.

And about the SG1 movie... let's say that I'm at the 3rd stage. The first was very eager and excited, the 2nd very pissed and disappointed that we couldn't see the end of the waiting, and now I'm more like I want it, really do, but I won't be surprise if it's never made, and I'm quite at peace with it... Quite.
                          That is exactly the way I feel!
                          When it comes to the third movie however, I'm not really to accept defeat yet
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Happily, I am enjoying Universe thus far. It is a very different show from SG-1 and Atlantis, but IMO, that isn't a bad thing. TPTB tried something new, and so far, I like what they are doing. I hope that continues.

As for the third SG-1 movie, I am still optimistic. I will probably never give up hope on it. I just love SG-1 too much to do that.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Happily, I am enjoying Universe thus far. It is a very different show from SG-1 and Atlantis, but IMO, that isn't a bad thing. TPTB tried something new, and so far, I like what they are doing. I hope that continues.

As for the third SG-1 movie, I am still optimistic. I will probably never give up hope on it. I just love SG-1 too much to do that.
                              I agree with all of this.

Perfecto!

Comment

Hopefully, the new buyer will be as more interested in keeping the franchise alive as than MGM is.
                                fyp

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Working...
                                X