No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be a story involving the Lucian Alliance, don't you think?
    Initially that seemed logical to me. Even
    Spoiler:
    before the attack
    , they were the only enemy who was still really active, although there are certain to be a few minor Goa'uld around still. Thing is, they'd have to be approaching it from a way that doesn't seem obvious given that it's a story centered on Jack. That makes me wonder if it might not be about something else, at least partially.

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
      I like your optimism but I don't think giving us the title brings the movie an inch closer to reality.
      I disagree.

He got permission to release that title. He didn't just all of a sudden decide to do it now.

That means an announcement, likely on the heels of SGU being renewed, is coming soon.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Good! This will be a classic SG-1 movie when the show was in it's prime!

Soo looking forward to it. I won't miss Vala in the least.

RDA has lost quite a bit of that weight if the recent photos on rdanderson.com are anything to go by. There will be some more photos of him at the Quench the Fire walk (unless he's pulled out to film a certain movie . . .) next month, too.

I really don't want to see a movie about the Lucian Alliance but as a lead up to the beginning of SGU, they do seem the likely baddie. Meh.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          I disagree.

He got permission to release that title. He didn't just all of a sudden decide to do it now.

That means an announcement, likely on the heels of SGU being renewed, is coming soon.
          Not to stir up hopes or anything, but there was a post on another thread here saying that MGM has gotten its finances together or gotten the funding to make more movies. I asked for a source for that information, and all the person posting would say was that they got the info on another forum. So I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather see that information from an official source. It was just interesting to see that post in the last day or so, and now we are hearing the title for the next movie.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Not to stir up hopes or anything, but there was a post on another thread here saying that MGM has gotten its finances together or gotten the funding to make more movies. I asked for a source for that information, and all the person posting would say was that they got the info on another forum. So I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather see that information from an official source. It was just interesting to see that post in the last day or so, and now we are hearing the title for the next movie.
            Privately held companies drive me nuts. There's hardly ever any information on them, sometimes the only thing you ever hear are rumors.

Comment

I disagree.

I do think that they're getting to the point of having to make a decision one way or the other, and by 'they', I mean MGM. Limbo only works for so long. I don't think being given a working title is meaningful, however, except that it may mean the Mallozi, et al, have reason to think there will be movement of some kind in the near future. We've known the working title of the SGA film for a long time to no avail.

Comment

On the Lucian Alliance, I highly doubt O'Neill will ever face them....sure they are still a threat. I like the Lucian Alliance, but I want to get away from seasons 9 and 10.

Comment

I thought RDA looked the same in the most recent pictures. If he's lost weight, I can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    On the Lucian Alliance, I highly doubt O'Neill will ever face them....sure they are still a threat. I like the Lucian Alliance, but I want to get away from seasons 9 and 10.
                    Well, according to GW's article on SGR, the movie will be set between Continuum and "Air", and the Lucian Alliance is obviously a major galactic player at that point so it's quite possible they will be featured in SGR.

Club Mats likes you.

Comment

While I'm certainly looking forward to this installment, and I enjoy the idea of a more old-fashioned romp, I hope Brad Wright gets over that between the third and fourth telefilms, because I get the idea he wasn't as much of a fan of the latter seasons, but... I was. The idea that Vala wouldn't even be in this one had better hold some kind of creative excuse, or it will just feel beyond stupid to me. She was a member of the team full-time by the end of the series run, so..?

Where exactly would she be? I can't really picture her running off to the Ori home galaxy and hanging out with Tomin for the entire two hours.

Either way, it's a good thing that we've received the working title, I think. Like has been posted before, I think it means MGM is closer to making some kind of decision on the timing. Joe could have answered that sort of question a long time ago, and I can't imagine Brad *just* now got around to telling him.
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

A Lucian Alliance story that was entirely about getting them under control wouldn't create a storyline focusing on Jack, or the old team. It might be the backdrop of the story, but not the bulk of it, I don't think. It could be centered on determining
                        Spoiler:
                        who sold them out causing the attack on the research base, though,
                        and taking them out of the picture. At the same time, they're not going to write a script that takes place entirely on Earth, so if that's the case,
                        Spoiler:
                        I think we can expect a surprise in terms of who that was.

The idea that Vala wouldn't even be in this one had better hold some kind of creative excuse, or it will just feel beyond stupid to me. She was a member of the team full-time by the end of the series run, so..?

Where exactly would she be? I can't really picture her running off to the Ori home galaxy and hanging out with Tomin for the entire two hours.

There are lots of differing opinions on that. Personally, I think any function she may have had on the team ended with the Ori threat. That being said, I doubt they'll write her out given that there's no point to doing so without the needs of an ongoing series.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that all of them may have moved on to other things. Sam is more than likely on the Hammond full time, Daniel is probably spending all his time on Atlantis, Teal'c has every reason to go back to Chulak with the understanding that he'll return if needed. That would leave Mitchell and Vala at loose ends, perhaps on another team, or a new version of SG-1. Mitchell would certainly be commanding a team. Vala? Hard to say what she would be doing, but helping Tomin is as likely as anything else.
                        Last edited by amconway; 12 November 2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I'm glad we have a title, I'm going with the positive view and saying that's progress
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                            I thought RDA looked the same in the most recent pictures. If he's lost weight, I can't see it.
                            I concur
                            sigpic

Comment

That's all well and true. I have been thinking extensively, based on what we've seen of Carter and what we know of Daniel and Teal'c, that they'd probably all be separated again, this time for a more substantial and long-term amount of time than between the eighth and ninth seasons. I've been contemplating what that would mean Mitchell and Vala would be doing.

If the new telefilm is supposed to be Mitchell-light (I heard that... somewhere) and Vala-nonexistent, then it could be them getting the original team back together by means of none of them actually being on the 'team' anymore.

I'm still not fond of Claudia Black not being in it at all, though.
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                                That's all well and true. I have been thinking extensively, based on what we've seen of Carter and what we know of Daniel and Teal'c, that they'd probably all be separated again, this time for a more substantial and long-term amount of time than between the eighth and ninth seasons. I've been contemplating what that would mean Mitchell and Vala would be doing.

If the new telefilm is supposed to be Mitchell-light (I heard that... somewhere) and Vala-nonexistent, then it could be them getting the original team back together by means of none of them actually being on the 'team' anymore.

I'm still not fond of Claudia Black not being in it at all, though.
                                We should be able to have at least one scene with Miss Mal Doran!

Comment

Working...
                                X